4.0 out of 5 stars southland, April 15 2013
This review is from: Southland: Season 1 (DVD)
Hello great price for starting a new DVD collection ,I have heard alot about this show so when I seen the price I had to buy it to check it out.hopefully I can get season 2 at a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars I THOUGHT MY LIFE WAS COMPLICATED, Sept. 5 2014
This review is from: Southland: Season 1 (DVD)
I am a big fan of this series, especially the doings of the character John Cooper, the tortured closeted gay sergeant who is a hero to his men. I had hoped Season 1 (which I missed) would tell me more about his private life, but alas no. I guess the gay bar scene happens in a later season, so I'll have to order more. If you are here you must know the series--it is one of the best on air, and I am glad I ordered it, even without Coop's secret life. The LAPD are not my favourite people, but man do they have personal issues to deal with. I thought my life was complicated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14 2014
Excellent show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Exciting, June 2 2014
This review is from: Southland: Season 1 (DVD)
I had heard good things about Southland and I certainly wasn't disappointed. It is an amazing series that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Well acted and you soon learn of what characters you really like plus the few who portray rather disappointing character roles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 1 2014
This review is from: Southland: Season 1 (DVD)
I love cop shows and this one did not disappoint as you can see i have purchased the fifth and final season a little high but in this case I must see how series ends

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you hanging., March 12 2014
This review is from: Southland: Season 1 (DVD)
Enjoy excellent acting, writing and story lines. If you enjoy drama at its best and have enjoyed the likes of "rookie blue" you will stay glued to this one.
A good rainy day drama.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Jan. 24 2014
This review is from: Southland: Season 1 (DVD)
This is the best show no one ever heard of. After watching Season 1 I had to buy the complete series. Raw and realistic. This compelling drama captures the detectives and patrol officers of the Los Angeles police force in a way that feels like you're there. You won't find rookies riding with rookies and falling in love. This one feels like a docudrama. I've shared the DVDs with my family and everyone was immediately hooked.

4.0 out of 5 stars Put Your Big-Boy Pants On And Ride Along With L.A.'s Finest, June 30 2013
This review is from: Southland: Season 1 (DVD)
When Southland first appeared on network television, my wife and I immediately were taken in. This is a grown-up series about cops on the beat, and doesn't pull any punches. I'd rate it right up there with The Shield. Definitely worth a look if you are a fan of the genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty and Realistic, March 25 2013
This review is from: Southland: Season 1 (DVD)
Fantastic cop series about the cops themselves. Portrays a more realistic relationship between beat cops, detectives, and any possible lab personnel. Love the complexity of the characters - so much that I bought the next thee seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars honest, March 20 2013
Biking Fan (New Liskeard, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Southland: Season 1 (DVD)
I'm not much on writing these reviews so I will just get to it. Buy this dvd, it's a great watch and a great price so just by the dvd.

Southland: Season 1
Southland: Season 1 by Nelson McCormick (DVD - 2010)
CDN$ 33.74 CDN$ 11.98