5.0 out of 5 stars Quick to pick up satellites - positive feedback
Published 10 months ago by S Horton

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product with an excellent battery life
Good product with an excellent battery life, computer interface is not as intuitive as expected and wristband pin seems flimsy - it was damaged during a fall within a week of purchase.
Published 12 days ago by Margaret Clayton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick to pick up satellites - positive feedback, Sept. 11 2013
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner 310XT Waterproof Running GPS With USB ANT Stick and Heart Rate Monitor (Electronics)
After my Garmin 305 literally blew apart into many pieces while I was running I had to buy a new watch. My husband has a Timex and is happy with that but I have all my history on Garmin Connect so decided to go again with a Garmin. It was a tough choice as the features I wanted were found in the high priced items until I found the 310xt. I am so pleased with the quickness at which it picks up satellites and how long the battery length is. No worries if you don't charge every time. The 305 was waterproof too (until close to the end when it started going blank) but I still worried about taking it swimming. I haven't taken the 310xt swimming yet but I have that option. I don't worry about the weather anymore though. This weekend there is a tropical storm/hurricane coming just in time for a double race. Bring it on!

Pros: big face, easy to see; excellent vibration to mark kms or pace times; many options to customize; very quick on satellites and can pick up signals in trees; waterproof; solid feel; virtual partner; remote ant stick for quick uploading; like the Garmin Connect site for training history and connecting to fellow runners; the heart rate monitor picks up the signal quickly and doesn't drop it frequently like the 305 did

Cons: I have a small wrist so another watch that is huge on me; would like to have had a colour choice

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun To Use - Encourages Me To Exercise, Sept. 9 2011
I've now used the 310XT for two months - strapping it on while biking, swimming, running, hiking, boating, and just plain moving around. I'm pleased with its strengths, which are:
- waterproof. Nice to be able to swim with it.
- triathlon-compatible. It automatically records lap times for each of the three events, plus the transitions. I wish I could handle transitions this smoothly :-)
- easy to read. The display is large and crisp, and has a backlight for night use.
- good battery life. I can use it daily for almost 2 weeks before charging. The owners manual claims up to 20 hrs, which seems about right.

The weaknesses are:
- GPS filtering algorithm during swimming is poor. My track zig-zags around (by dozens of meters) and my speed therefore flies into impossible rates (e.g. 35 km/h). The watch knows I'm swimming (I tell it so), so it should filter the data to smooth out those impossible jumps. Note that I am referring to open-water swimming; inside in a pool it doesn't maintain much of a fix (nor would I expect it to).
- a menu structure that isn't always the easiest to remember how to navigate. Note however that the most-used functions are usually only a button-push away.

The GPS exercise monitor works well. The heart-rate monitor works well on land (you can wear it while swimming but it doesn't transmit to the watch, as expected). The GPS mapping feature is very plain, just a bread-crumb trail, but it will guide you back home if you need it to.

I find I go for more jogs and cycles now just for the fun of getting immediate feedback on my performance. The ability to compare to previous exercises helps in training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long battery life, Sept. 22 2011
Watch is great. I previously had another Garmin watch but the battery life was not long enough for some of the trail runs that I do. The heart rate monitor with this watch is also more comfortable than that associated with some of the other Garmin watches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Give you the motivation to run, Feb. 3 2014
Bought it on special price, Amazon did a great delivery service, order on Friday, received on Tuesday without additional charge.
For the heart rate monitor, it is the 2nd one I have, the first one I got (other brand) did not read my heart rate, so I was sort of worry if this one will be same, but this one is great, quick detection of the heart rate sensor & satellite signal; if you want to get the most of the function, you really need to download the manual from Garmin.
Since it has the ANT stick for Garmin Connect web page, it pushes me to beat my own record, it even shorten my exercise time (run 10K quicker).
Great product (just a little too big for me)!

4.0 out of 5 stars GARMIN FORERUNNER, July 22 2013
DOES ALL THAT I EXPECTED VERY PLEASED WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYBODY THAT DOES ANY AMOUNT OF RUNNING WALKING OR BIKING

5.0 out of 5 stars love this product, May 18 2014
What can I say Prompt delivery, well worth the price, I would recommend this product to all runners looking for a Garmin .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great running watch, May 14 2014
I've been using this watch for about a month now and I really like it. It looks big and bulky but it is a very comfortable watch to wear. I really like the multisport feature on the 310xt which is one of the main reasons I bought it. The GPS is very accurate and the battery life is also very good. The only thing I'm not 100% happy with is the ANT+ connectivity to my PC. Garmin express does not work at all so you have to upload with the ANT+ agent which doesn't always see my device. I have to either restart ANT+ agent or unplug and plug in the USB stick. It would have been nice if the charging USB cable could download the data but alas I have to deal with the finicky wireless upload. Overall, the pros significantly outweigh the cons, great watch for a great price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Forerunner 310XT Waterproof Running GPS, May 9 2014
I have used pulse monitor sports equipment, usually Polar, since the mid 80's. I was skeptical about the GPS based sports equipment. I did not think it track my activities accurately and I thought that the pulse monitor function would be disappointing. I pretty much wasn't fired up about my purchase.

When I received the package I found the unit intuitive and filled with possibilities. It seems solidly built and the buttons are not exposed. I have not swam with it yet but I expect it to live up to expectations and keep the water out. Cold does not seem to bother it either - I used it in -30 deg C (with wind chill several times already). Syncing to the internet based software was a breeze. Millage, distance, time and pace information while running are more than adequate for my needs. I started using the unit for all my activities - running, cycling and walking. All my activities are recorded automatically and I can view the data in many different ways.

The one thing I did not find impressive was the quality of the belt for the Heart Rate Monitor. Very cheap. It was the reason I lost HR data on several runs. Finally I swapped out the belt with the one I had for a polar RS200 monitor. The Garmin dongle fit the belt and works fine. I have been using this system for several months now with no problems and I use it every day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product with an excellent battery life, July 11 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, July 10 2014
It is easy to use with clear large printing and a long battery life. The way it charges is a bit odd, this is due to it being water proof I presume. I have very small wrists and feel it is quite large and uncomfortable, am very happy I also bought the biycycle mount.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›