5.0 out of 5 stars Realized Anticipation
The phenomenon that is Susan Boyle continues with her debut album and does not disappoint. Anticipated since that night on `Britain Got Talent' when she `rocked that audience', Susan finally fully escapes with a well deserved piece of work. The song collection contains a range from classic pop to anthemic show tunes.

The strongest songs are, "Wild Horses",...
Published on Jan. 22 2010 by Martin A Hogan

3.0 out of 5 stars EXTRAORDINARY VOICE - SONG CHOICES SKETCHY
Published on Nov. 26 2009 by Corey Gillingham

3.0 out of 5 stars EXTRAORDINARY VOICE - SONG CHOICES SKETCHY, Nov. 26 2009
Corey Gillingham (Toronto Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
I was one of the millions who was entranced by Susan Boyle. I loved her beautiful voice and simplistic style of delivery so absent from the world of music today. Susan is a welcome change and somewhat of a throwback to earlier days when artists actually COULD sing without the bells, whistles and studio tricks. Her basic approach to singing and songs reminded me of the beautiful style of Nana Mouskouri, a not so well known but hugely successful singer who has sold more records than any other female singer in the world on the basis of her unique and beautiful voice and singing style. As Nana has retired and as that type of singer has disappeared from popular entertainment I think that Susan will take up that mantle and become much loved by the same audience as was Nana. Okay so maybe not chart topping but filling concert stages the world over at her whim. For this Im greatful. But I think that her albums need to be planned a bit more carefully. There are stunning and bone chilling performances here such as Wild Horses, I Dreamed a Dream, You'll See and Who I was Born to be. But there are also lapses such as Silent Night, How Great Thou Art and Amazing Grace which do not match the other material. As well they are strangely arranged and oddly dont even include all the lyrics; and, while Susans voice is great on them, they sound more like demos whichd belong on a different type of album. Im surprized that no one at Sony thought about this and advised the producers to reconsider the final track run down. Nonetheless, her voice is stunning and she has clearly learned a great deal about the dramatics of delivery. With the right material and with a few more years of experience she will become a great singer and performer and will have the abilty to entrance. Im looking forward to her next record and her first tour. Buy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Realized Anticipation, Jan. 22 2010
Martin A Hogan "Marty From SF" (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)

The strongest songs are, "Wild Horses", "Cry Me A River" and, of course, "I Dreamed A Dream". "Wild Horses" takes a daring approach using a Rolling Stones classic and turns it into a heartfelt ballad. "Cry Me A River" brings out a surprisingly sultry Susan Boyle, completely devoid of her hip wiggling from her television debut.

There are a few songs that slightly wobble under heavy strings and backing vocals like, "Amazing Grace" and "How Great They Art", but still showcase Miss Boyle's vocals. "Daydream Believer" and "The End Of The World", both previous pop hits have a nice touch that show a sensitive touch with a unique interpretation, but seem a tad out of place. Otherwise, this collection will satisfy any casual fan.

There is arguably little doubt that grand anthemic pieces like, "I Dreamed A Dream" and "Who I Was Born To Be" are Miss Boyle's foray. Her voice only sounds stronger and more emotional when backed by a strong orchestra. "Memories" from `Cats' would be a fantastic offering and an example of her grandest range. The only thing missing from this album is the audience reaction from her "I Dreamed A Dream" appearance on television. The rising approval of the audience roaring as she reaching the climax of each verse was spine-tingling. It was real. It was Susan Boyle.

4.0 out of 5 stars I just love Susan Boyle, Feb. 22 2014
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
I love her voice and her story. My only problem with the album was Silent Night is included and I find that incongruous to the CD.

3.0 out of 5 stars couple of songs made it, Oct. 18 2013
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
A couple of the songs i really liked which made the buy a good one, but don't think i will buy anymore too risky

5.0 out of 5 stars Susan Boyle, July 31 2013
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
My working class hero - and I admire this lady to no end! Love her voice and her music.Looking forward to new albums she puts out.

5.0 out of 5 stars music, July 11 2013
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
this was bought after seeing Susan Boyle on YouTube, she is incredible! Her story is incredible and Simon Cowel's response was the best ever!!
Music is amazing...this woman is sooo talented!

5.0 out of 5 stars Il Volo, May 17 2013
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
A relative new group with astonishing voices. I love it. Their mixture of classical and traditional music is breathtaking. Good job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Susan Boyle, very gifted singer., April 9 2013
Dianne Marie Devereux (Courtenay, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
I love Susan Boyle's voice and this CD does show it off. There is a mixture of styles that is interesting. I would certainly be interested in most everything she sings. I would recommend this CD especially if you are buying a first of Susan's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible piece of art!, Nov. 22 2009
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
I will just say this; I never, ever in my life, been touch like that just by listening to a cd. Very special.

5.0 out of 5 stars Susan Boyle's 1st premier album, Nov. 1 2009
J. MEKJ Bride "arts admirer" (London, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
Susan Boyle has astounded the world with her angelic, powerful, resonating voice! She's done a really great rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables and now having just heard "Wild Horses", I have to say this woman is truly remarkable! She has given the world hope in the face of all the doom and gloom. I've pre-ordered Susan's CD and can't wait to hear it.

ARRAY(0xaf56b954)

I Dreamed a Dream
I Dreamed a Dream by Susan Boyle (Audio CD - 2009)