march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on March 11, 2015
This thing is pretty amazing for making soft boiled or hard boiled eggs. Makes them perfectly every time, making soft boiled eggs no effort at all while hard boiled come out a bright yellow colour inside. The best thing is how easy it makes hard boiled level eggs to peel, much easier than I achieved through boiling eggs before. I can usually peel one in 5 seconds as the shell detaches from the egg quite well.

A downside to it is that you have to be around for when it finishes. It makes a very loud noise and the plate is still being super heated with no water to absorb it so I wouldn't want it going for long. It can take a while so plan ahead - I often hard boil 2 eggs for a quick breakfast and that takes about 16 minutes or so straight from my fridge. Interestingly, the more eggs you make, the less water it needs to use and the less time it takes (perhaps because the steam has less room to escape?) I've never tried the steamer - I steam stuff in a pot with a steamer basket, this would seem like it's much less convenient in comparison.

Make sure to use distilled water with this so the plate won't collect much minerals. Even then, you'll have to clean it once in a while. I usually just pour some vinegar into it and let it sit a while before pouring it out. That pretty much does the trick. Also, you shouldn't need to poke a hole in the egg, it cooks just fine without one. That may depend on the kind of egg you have though.

Overall, a pretty nice little gadget despite needing some attendance. It's a handy way to automate egg making and does a damn good job at it for a fairly low price (I usually see this below $20).
on September 18, 2015
This works as advertised, but there are a couple of things I don't love about it. First of all, I need the little measuring cup with me every time I use it or else risk not putting the right amount of water into the machine. Once plugged in, it goes until the water is all gone and then an alarm sounds. I would prefer it had a timer instead so that I wouldn't need the measuring cup. Secondly, the shape of the poacher is weird and I get thick, triangular shaped poached eggs. I don't really like that!
All that being said, if I follow the water guidelines, I get my eggs cooked like I want them and I find it pretty easy to clean.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 31, 2014
Works well, however an auto shutoff or a timer of some sort would be helpful. The buzzing sound is kind of scary in all honesty. Pets don't like it. That said, the instructions say to punch a hole in the egg using the needle inside - I accidentally forgot this step today and the eggs cooked much better (i.e. cooked to desired level but MUCH easier to peel) than they do normally. I recommend not punching a hole in the shell for this reason.

I would recommend this product - it's so much faster and easier than the traditional way to cook hardboiled eggs.
on April 18, 2013
It's cool but be careful. When its done its done. If you are away from it and it goes off please don't walk to it run to it. The bottom plate burns easily. Overall I would recommend it to everyone
on March 24, 2016
The best way to cook eggs exactly the same way, every single time. Before this puppy, my medium cooked eggs were too inconsistent. Either too cooked (hard boiled) or not cooked enough and fall apart when peeling the shell. Now it feels like I get my full money out of every egg and each egg turns out the same time after time as long as I buy the same sized eggs. It's not hard to clean up either, but you learn to live with a little water deposits on the base. I use a wire brush to clear that up, but it never really goes away. I've used the veggie tray to cook vegetables and they've turned out mostly overcooked. Need to do more experiments on the exact amount of water to use. Some other egg cookers feature omelette trays, but I'm not sure I would use it as cleanup of egg trays is not my favourite job. Shelling eggs is much easier than cleaning afterwards.

Since this uses so much less water than I would use to boil eggs, it saves a lot of energy. Some people complained that there is no on/off switch. That's correct, but I don't think it needs one. I always unplug it and bring it over to the sink to rinse anyway. It makes a convenient tray to bring the eggs over to rinse with cold water.

Overall, definitely a good buy and a good value.
on February 13, 2013
We have used this for three years, and it does everything, as stated in the ad. However, we see the price at walmart.ca is only 14.98.
on April 9, 2015
This is great. I was tired iof boiling eggs and wanted something easy. This is awesome. The eggs cook while you're doing other things and the cool in the machine in no time. Based on the other reviews I just bent the metal egg poker down and ignore it. Also the buzzer isn't a big deal. I highly recommend this product.
on April 5, 2013
This is the greatest little invention. I can now make perfect soft boiled eggs for my husband who loves them with toast for breakfast. If you haven't got this appliance, get it. You will love it. The Genie arrived in perfect condition and delivery was fast. Thank you Amazon.
on November 8, 2015
I am very pleased with this product - it is easy to follow the directions especially using the water-fill measuring cup. As with anything new, it took me a while to set up my first use but now it is very simple. I am glad that found this product, it will be used often.
on February 1, 2013
This was a gift to my daughter, who is so pleased with it. She puts eggs in it, then can forget it. The eggs come out perfect every time. Even her 11 year old daughter can cook the eggs to perfection to make egg salad for school. Thanks Amazon!