5.0 out of 5 stars Love it Love It Love It, March 6 2013
This review is from: Chasing Silver (Audio CD)
absolutely love this CD there isn't one song on the whole CD that I don't really like! From the first time I listened to it it instantly became one of my favourite CD's!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music is just that...great!, June 6 2012
C. Preston "Tunes Junkie" (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Chasing Silver (Audio CD)
I had not heard of Justin Hines before & yet I'm from Canada until I saw him performing on a segment on our local news one night. I was astounded that his music was not absolutely everywhere from the onset. His voice is absolutely gorgeous!

1.Are We: Just a beautifully crafted song...from the lyrics, the rendering of the vocal and instrumentally it just flows in a charmingly constant way that keeps you captivated.

2.Sand Drawn Line: This is one of my favorite songs on the CD. His voice sounds so prominent at the forefront on this track. I feel like skipping when I hear it as it has that rhythm. The lyrics are the signs of someone who has alot of emotional maturity.

3.Solsbury Hill: This is a great rendition of the Peter Gabriel song. I loved the guitar work in this song & how crystal clear his voice always sound & especially on this track. I remember hearing that this is a song he has wanted to do for a long time & although I do love Gabriel's version too I love this one too.

4.The Troubadour: The guitar intro is really pretty in this song. I love the soft spoken parts in his voice in this song. I feel like this is one of the songs that he probably jammed with friends on.

5.Courage (Come Out To Play): This is my favorite song on the CD. Just so courageous from anyone that has been born with certain physical challenges but yet those challenges haven't kept him from doing what he loves...music. He is so gifted both vocally & instrumentally on this track. All the musicians on this track did a remarkable job. This song is a 20++++++++++!

6.I'm Not An Island: I didn't really like the instrumental intro to this song or the concept. It somehow felt "old" to me as if it was a retro song. But it then shifts & when you listen to the lyrics it just catches you off guard and oddly enough I felt like it was a simple song that was just sweet.

7.Say What You Will: This is the song that I bought this CD for. He played this as I previously mentioned on a news segment. The lyrics will just eat you up....loved the bongo's in it. His voice is just impeccable and the lyrics are just a longing to belong in some lover's life. Just outstanding!

8.You With Perfect Eyes: This is a sweet little ballad....it almost feels like a lullaby one would sing to their newborn. Even right down to the lyrics.

9.Say What You Will (Westy Remix): This is just a different version of the same song on this CD. It just gives it a different feel. I love both versions and have both of them on different playlists.

For anyone who has physical challenges in life....Justin Hines proves to fight & never give up. That your dreams can be realized....the road is just finding out ...how & when! Thanks to Justin for the courage he displayed because I can't imagine music without him in it!

Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd!, Jan. 19 2012
This review is from: Chasing Silver (Audio CD)
I saw Justin on CBS Sunday morning a couple weeks ago and fell in love with his song "Tell Me I'm Wrong". The video for that song was so touching and it stuck in my head, so I ordered his other two albums and Chasing Silver is one of them. I enjoy this album a lot. If you don't know Justin Hines, google Tell Me I'm Wrong and watch the video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Canadian gem..., July 5 2009
D. Skinn - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chasing Silver (Audio CD)
Justin Hines first caught my attention when he sang the jingle for the Experience Ontario tourism ad. I decided to check him out online and found both of his CDs--and, after listening to a few songs, I bought both of them. His music is unique folk-type songs, nothing ear-piercing or twangy, but just foot tapping, humming, driving down the highway music. There is an optimism to his songs, an honesty of emotion that needs to be experienced to understand. If you like your music mellow, but with meaning, this is for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars local music, Feb. 13 2010
D. Ford - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chasing Silver (Audio CD)
was a wonderful cd.heard a lot of good reviews of his music and wanted to add to my collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Can Anything Be Better Than "Sides"?, Feb. 12 2010
MA (Elliot Lake, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chasing Silver (Audio CD)
My husband and I were in Toronto to see a play when we stumbled upon Justin Hines playing in the square outside the Eaton's Center. I only have one other cd that Justin Hines has done and that is "Sides" - I love it (bought it during his show!). I have been waiting to find "Chasing Silver" since I saw him perform on Canada AM some time ago. Not suprising, his second cd is as good, actually, better than the other one I own. I can listen to his music whatever mood I'm in. MA

5.0 out of 5 stars from the heart, July 30 2009
slick (Ottawa, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chasing Silver (Audio CD)
I love this CD. Justin sings of true, honest feelings and emotions. It's amzing how much he can change his voice/style to fit the songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Justin is great, July 9 2009
K. Hollingshead (Niagara, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chasing Silver (Audio CD)
We had the priviledge of seeing Justin in concert, AWESOME. HIs music is relevant, easy to listen too, poetic and quietly passionate. He writes from his heart and invites the listener to share his feelings while living their own in the songs. It's well worth the trip.

ARRAY(0xb3aa6978)

Chasing Silver
Chasing Silver by Justin Hines (Audio CD - 2009)