5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't disappoint
Its a great show just like I remember when watching for the first time, we had lots of laughs for sure
Published 3 months ago by Shann M. Minish1

2.0 out of 5 stars Kenny Loggins' Finest Moment ?
I have to remember NEVER to go back and watch, as an adult, those movies I loved when I was a kid. Despite my unnaturally fond memories, I must now confess that I find CADDYSHACK to be so poorly and crassly realized that it has caused me to regret my childhood.
Published on Oct. 10 2001 by tashcrash

2.0 out of 5 stars Kenny Loggins' Finest Moment ?, Oct. 10 2001
tashcrash (South Shore, MA) - See all my reviews
What good can be said of this idiotfest? It's got a cute gopher (who is hardly in the movie), a great Rodney Dangerfield (likewise wasted, except for his wonderous opening scene), and an almost funny Bill Murray (at least he's trying).
All else is abominable. Ted Knight, a great and undervalued comedian, is left painfully stranded (after this, "Too Close for Comfort" was a major step up). The whole, poorly acted, half baked (and unresolved) teenager subplot makes MEATBALLS seem profound by comparison. It even fails as a sex comedy. And do we really need a seduction scene with Chevy chase and massage oil? How masochistic did the producers think their audience was in 1980?
As for the the ludicrous, accompanying dvd "documentary": is it just me, or are Harold Ramis and Chevy Chase competing for the most self-satisfied, smug position in Hollywood's washed up hills? They're every bit as unwatchable as their slug of a movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't disappoint, Jan. 7 2014
This review is from: Caddyshack: 20th Anniversary Edition (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oldie but a goodie, July 12 2013
This review is from: Caddyshack: 20th Anniversary Edition (DVD)
Classic. What more can I say. Just added it to my collection. Price was great as well. They don't make them like this anymore

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Funny..., Oct. 22 2002
THE MASTER (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I don't know why this film is considered a such a classic comedy, especially considering that it was released in the same year as the single greatest film comedy of all time, "Airplane!".
Caddyshack has some funny moments, basicley Rodney dangerfield's all to brief appearences, but that's not enough to carry a whole movie. The biggest mistake in this piece of ... was focusing on the kid (Danny, I think) instead of Dangerfiled. Still Dangerfield is always a joy to watch and there is this one hot scene with Ted Knights ... daughter that's pretty good, but for pure laughs I just can't recommend it. Watch "Airplane" instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars you're joking,right?, Feb. 21 2008
i had hear a lot about how great this movie is,over the years.so
imagine my shock and disappointment to find out it's not good.i didn't
find it funny,or amusing,or even entertaining.i swear i never even
smiled once.i realise this is just my opinion of course,but i just
can't get over how people rave about this movie.it boggles the
mind.anyway,for whatever reason,i didn't think this was a good movie at
all.in fact,it's brutal.there are some big comedy names of the era in
this one,so you'd think that would count for something.but it doesn't
seem to,at least in my opinion.i'm sure i'm in the minority,but my vote
for Caddyshack is a dismal 1/5

4.0 out of 5 stars Belly laugh city, July 18 2004
Just when I thought I couldn't watch the rest of the movie, a hysteric comedic scene or line brought me out of it. Rodney is unforgettable. When this one shakes out, some of the funniest stuff ever (so bad it's good).

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Sports Flick Ever!, June 29 2004
Scott Schiefelbein (Portland, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caddyshack (VHS Tape)
"Caddyshack" combines terrific comic writing, a top-notch cast at the top of its game, and America's love affair with the silly game of golf to form comedy gold.
Using the most cliched plotlines imaginable (the "cools versus the rules," and "the little guy needs to find his way in life"), "Caddyshack" nevertheless breaks a lot of new ground with its timeless characters. Chevy Chase plays golf-stuf/playboy Ty Webb, who mangles philosophy while performing dazzling golf feats on the Bushwood Country Club course -- yes, the name "Bushwood" is revealing. Chase has never been better than in this film, and it's almost sad to see how phenomenal he once was when you stand this performance next to the dreck he's put out in recent years.
The underappreciated Ted Knight plays Webb's nemesis, Judge Smails, an uptight petty aristocrat who plays essentially the same role as Dean Wermer in "Animal House." Smails is Elmer Fudd to Webb's Bugs Bunny.
Rodney Dangerfield is also in the film, playing essentially himself as an obnoxious real estate developer with zero fashion sense -- ask ten people to name the character Dangerfield plays in "Caddyshack," and you'll stump ten people. But it's likely that most of those ten will be able to quote Dangerfield's character: "Lovely boy -- now I now why tigers eat their young!" "You're a caddy, huh -- for Italians, this is skilled labor." "This is the ugliest hat I've ever seen, I bet when you buy this they give you a can of soup . . . but it looks good on you, though."
And last but not least, the immortal Bill Murray plays Carl the Groundskeeper. Carl is charged with ridding Bushwood of a gopher, a varmint who loves nothing more than vandalizing golf courses and dancing to Kenny Loggins. Murray, in a performance bordering on madness, tries various futile strategies to nab the gopher, including sniper rifles, decoys, hoses, and plastic explosives, but it's his mumbled soliloquies that are the most hilarious. Murray's imagined golf game, whacking flowers with a rake, is one of the funniest scenes in any movie, ever.
Our "hero," Danny (Michael O'Keefe), is a minor character completely overwhelmed by these other characters, but his storyline is the thread that ties all the other subplots together. He cheats on his girlfriend Maggie (Animal House alum Sarah Holcomb, inexplicably with an Irish accent) with the gratuitous slut, Judge Smails' niece Lacey Underall (Cindy Morgan), and finds himself pitted against the Judge in the climactic golf match.
Not much of a plot. The movie's greatness is in its execution. The writers (Brian Doyle-Murray and Harold Ramis) find the underlying humor in the country club lifestyle and the unique culture that surrounds golf and skewer everything in sight. Be on the lookout for comic stereotypes . . . from the spoiled rich brats to the doctor who's never in the office to the profane pastor, nobody is safe. Fortunately, "Caddyshack" knows to stay just on this side of crude (coming nearest to the line with its classic "Jaws" parody involving a Baby Ruth) -- this is a witty film, not a cruel film.
This movie is a must for every guy's film library. Just be careful -- there's always a temptation to quote "Caddyshack" out on the golf course. Be warned, only about 5 million people have done it before you, and the novelty's wearing off.
Also be warned -- "Caddyshack" sparked quite possibly the worst sequel ever, "Caddyshack 2." Do not watch that movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars A golf player's must!, May 13 2004
andy8047 (Nokomis,Florida) - See all my reviews
If you play golf,this film is for you. I'm sure Jack Nicklaus,Arnold Palmer and Tiger Woods have all seen this film. Harold Ramis directs an all-star cast featuring Chevy Chase,Bill Murray,Brian Doyle Murray(Bill's brother),Rodney Dangerfield and the late Ted Knight. This film's fetured song is I'M ALRIGHT recorded by Kenny Loggins. This hit film,theatircally released in July 1980,spawned the sequel,CADDYSHACK 2 in 1988.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Golf Movie...Ever, April 27 2004
Patrick Sheridan "Putting Penguin" (Manchester, CT United States) - See all my reviews
While it's tough to put a golf movie ahead of Adam Sandler's great Happy Gilmore, no other golf movie has as many memorable lines in it as this one does. In fact, few other comedies have as many great lines as Caddyshack. Who can forget the conversation about playing with the Dali Llama or Bill Murray's monologue while "driving" the flowers?
"It's in the hole!"
One of the best scenes of the movie is where Chevy Chase drives the ball through Bill Murray's window, causing a great conversation between two comic greats of our time. Also, for anybody who has seen the new Tiger Woods' commercial where he's chasing the gopher and don't understand what in the world is going on- see this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars "50 Bucks Says You Slice It Into The Woods!", April 26 2004
The JuRK (Our Vast, Cultural Desert) - See all my reviews
I believe CADDYSHACK will always be a sentimental favorite for anyone who saw it when it was released back in the summer of 1980. We were all still catching our breath from 1978's ANIMAL HOUSE and Hollywood was trying to make lightning strike again.
John Landis and John Belushi went on to THE BLUES BROTHERS, also released in the summer of '80, but, as loud and as entertaining as it was, BLUES never delivered the laughs like the Deltas did two years before.
Doug Kenney, the mastermind behind ANIMAL HOUSE, went on to write and produce CADDYSHACK but, according to an Esquire profile after his tragic death shortly after, he was pretty coked out by then. The studio bosses referred to it as "that coke movie down in Florida." Harold Ramis, directing his first film, admits that it like "film school" since he felt like he was learning as he went.
Despite all of this, CADDYSHACK was hilarious. I think the second half loses steam, most of Chevy Chase's scenes were flat, and the central character isn't very likable or all that funny--but Rodney Dangerfield, Bill Murray and Ted Knight more than make up for any criticisms.
I'll never forget watching it the first time in a crowded theatre. Rodney burst onto the screen with such a comedic energy that you could hear everyone perking up when he'd show up. And I didn't hear anything but laughter for five mintues after he said, "What, did somebody step on a duck?"
How many comedies have offered so many quotable lines?
(Turn the subtitles on sometime and read what Bill Murray actually says during his "Dala Lama caddy" and "Cinderella story" speeches--all improvised, from what I hear!).
re: "The 19th Hole" documentary: did they play the entire master shot of the Chevy Chase and Bill Murray scene because they DIDN'T get along or was there some other reason?
(It's pretty well documented that they disliked each other--and even got into a fistfight on SNL--before shooting CADDYSHACK).

ARRAY(0xa54a81c8)