biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Size: StandardChange

on February 10, 2014
Ok, I had a memory foam pillow that I've used for years... it's a little too big and it's really not that great. But it is seriously soft... so I just figured all i needed was a slightly thinner one, and this one looked nice and contoured to support the neck... so I bought it.

When I took it out of the package, I was dismayed... and angry. IT WAS HARD AS A ROCK! OH MY GOD. I was convinced I could use it as a weapon... perhaps keep it by the door for home defence or something. I could've carved a pillow out of a block of wood and I figured it would've saved me the money!

But I had purchased it; and if I spend money on something, I'm going to get my money's worth out of it, or die trying.

I figured if I slept on it, it would be the dying.

Yes, it's hard to get used to for the first few nights; but it conforms to your head, and softens as it warms. It seems hard at first, but then when your head sinks into it after a few minutes, you don't even notice any more.

And you know what? No more neck pain! And I sleep better! And I no longer roll onto my back! And now I couldn't sleep without it!

I even bought my grandmother one.
on November 15, 2012
The pillow is great. When you sleep on it initially, it's rock hard but after a few minutes, you start sinking into it and the pillow gets much softer and it reforms its original shape everyday. All my neck pains have been solved by this pillow. Only complaint is that the pillow has a slight plasticy smell but it goes away after a little while. Plus once you put on the included pillow cover and my own one over it, there is no smell.
on March 25, 2013
started to have neck pain in the morning couple of months ago. Tried different conventional pillows but to no avial. i have only used this pillow for two days now and the neck pain is mostly gone. The pillow is a bit on the soft side as compared with Tempur and i don't know long it will hold up; but if you prefer contour pillow on the soft side, this pillow may be suitable for you.
on February 3, 2016
I hate to drag down the pillow's user score as it's a good pillow, but I'm giving it one star to give the following greater visibility.

I've used a Sleep Innovations pillow the last few years and it's worked really well with my occipital neuralgia and degenerative disk disease, but it's in need of replacement. After looking around at other contour pillows and haven't been able to find one that's as firm and high, so I decided to purchase the same brand.

I purchased through this page, but through the third party seller Yosic. The pillow I received was clearly not a Sleep Innovations pillow or made in the USA (yes, "Yosic" should have tipped me off). It arrived from China, and has Chinese on the tag and hand tags, and isn't the same as the Sleep Innovations pillow I already have. I contacted the seller several times but received no response. And since the time of purchase someone else has left a review on the company page that the exact same thing happened to them.

So don't let this happen to you. IF YOU DO PURCHASE FROM A TIRD PARTY SELLER MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A HIH NUMBER OF FAVOURABLE REVIEWS (or reviews period - another thing that should have tipped me off is that at the time of purchase Yosic didn't have any reviews. My guess is that the outfit changes names after its racked up a number of negative reviews to keep buyers unaware).
on September 6, 2013
Like the pillow, at times it seems firm, other times it seems very soft. Like that it molds it's shape and I can pick the higher or lower side. Is small, but like that as it doesn't run into my spouse's pillow.
on August 23, 2013
These pillows have a purpose and they do well by it. But after using this pillow over an old school pillow, all I know is that I slept. So I guess it wasn't a difference worth mentioning.
on September 19, 2015
I have used a contour pillow for years and find they eventually become too soft and ineffective for me. I prefer a hard pillow and the reviews lead me to this pillow. I did not find it hard at all, actually, a little disapointed it was not hard enough. I have to say, I have been sleeping better and my neck and shoulder pain has been reduced significanlty after sleeping on this pillow just after a few days. Let's see how it holds up.
on February 23, 2015
I am side and back sleeper. I replaced an older version of the sleep innovations contour pillow with this version. The newer version is denser then the old version and can feel hard as a rock, but when the pillow becomes warm from your body heat it softens up to provide a nice cushioned head rest. Here are the height measurements of my pillow when laying flat: 4" high on short end, 3" high in the lowest point, and 5" high on tallest end. I sleep on the short end of pillow.

The pillow has a slight smell to it, but will go away if aired out for few days. I washed the zippered pillow case it came with and use a second pillow case to cover the pillow.

In combination with my firm bed, pillow, and average body size ( 5' 10' male) I get a great night's sleep. Highly recommended for side and back sleepers. YMMV depending on combination of body size, bed type, and this pillow (if possible find it in a bed store and try it out).
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2014
It is too high for me and it worsens my neck pain. It is not for everybody, So if you don't need a high pillow, don't buy it.
on July 25, 2014
I think this is a great pillow. There was no smell for me like other reviews have stated. The only smell is a new product smell that's on everything and that lasted a few hours. The other thing is it is very very hard at first. You need to break this pillow in and it softens up. I recommend sitting on it for a few minutes a couple of times a day.

The reason I think it comes so hard is because it gets a lot softer when it's broken in. That's why other pillows like this become Mush after a few weeks. You want it hard like that or you'll pay for it later when it's mush and useless (like other pillows I have bought from Target).

After buying this pillow my neck pain did stop. There are two sides and I'm using the lower side, the other one was way too high for me.

I almost want to buy another one, if for some strange reason the company stops selling it.