4.0 out of 5 stars Flawed and volatile, but briliant nonetheless
Published 22 months ago by Shane Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh.
A decent stand alone title and cover shooter... but in my opinion it did not feel like a Max Payne title.
Published 1 month ago by James

4.0 out of 5 stars Flawed and volatile, but briliant nonetheless, June 6 2012
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (Video Game)
Max Payne 3 is a game that relies heavily on its storytelling and well acted performances to drive the game forward. If you're more interested in gameplay, you may be slightly disapointed. Unlike most Rockstar games, this is completely linear and there is only one path to go in the 12 hour story mode. With that being said, its an amazingly well told and realized story with plenty of stunning moments, the game is polished to a tee. Theres also a cool multiplayer which is worth checking out for some extra playtime. This game isn't for everyone, but I still encourage giving it a shot. Its one of 2012's best games, and seriously worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds expectations, May 23 2012
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (Video Game)
I was wondering why I am the first one to review this game, but then I realized; everyone was busy playing Max Payne 3.
The gameplay is intense and action-packed. And you can finally recreate your favorite scene from The Matrix( which is why most people bought the first game), thanks to the ability to activite slow motion at any time. While diving sideways. With dual pistols. The euphoria technology makes every bad guy you shoot react realistically, depending on what gun you're using, and how far away you are from them. This ensures that no kill will ever be the same. The final kill-cams are a very stylish way to let you know that you've cleared the room; it follows the bullet from the barrel to the poor guy on the other end. This can lead to some cringe-worthy kills, as every bullet landed makes a visible hole in the victim, and(predictably) blood flying in every conceivable direction.
The immersive story ensures you'll never get bored, and the seamless( and I mean seamless) transition between gameplay and cutscene endures you'll never see a loading screen( except for when you're first starting the game) as they are disguised as the beautifully animated mini-movies.
The multiplayer and the Arcade modes add lots of replayability to this title ( as if it needed it) making it an even better option for your money.
Max Payne 3 will stick with you, even after the inevitable sequel comes out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh., March 6 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars G-r-e-a-t Game!, March 6 2014
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (Video Game)
This game just got me the first minute, lots of cinematic, cool moments, awesome action scenes and the story is really interesting. It is a great sequel for the franchise and i'm happy as a guy that played both games (Max Payne 1 & 2) as a kid.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Game, Oct. 22 2013
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (Video Game)
The game got great reviews, but to me it felt dated. The graphics were poor, the gameplay was uninspired, the story was meh. I'm sure some people loved it but for me it was not what I was hoping for. And I loved the originals.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, Aug. 15 2013
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (Video Game)
the graphics are way above and the storyline, although linear, does not make it dull at all. A few hours of fun for sure.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, May 3 2013
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (Video Game)
I have never loved and loathed a game so much as this one.
The presentation is beautiful. Rockstar always has an amazing approach on their games. I loved the voice acting. The graphics are beautiful.
In fact, I loved the entire idea of this game. But the more I played on, the more I couldn't wait for the game to end.
The gameplay is clumsy (as it is in most of Rockstar's games. The last stand theatrics were borderline moronic. The cover system was finicky. The soft lock aiming locked onto people behind cover rather than the one closest to me shooting at me. There isn't much freedom or variety. These are all minor annoyances.
What really ruined the experience for me was how HARD it was. I was playing on medium difficulty and I would pop my head out for merely a second and get my head blown off in from 2 or 3 bullets. You die really easily. This is 100% a trial and error game, and some people liked that, but I found it the most tedious experience I've had in gaming in a long time.
Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge, but by the time I reached the last few chapters of the game, it wasn't remotely fun anymore. I bumped the difficulty down just so I could charge through it and get it over with. And to be honest, the most fun I had playing MP3 was when I put it on EASY. Which is rare and silly, but true. I hated having to re-watch cutscenes all the time, and re-do the same part over and over.
I just finally finished the game just for the sake of the story and as much as it could have been another fantastic R* title, I'm so glad I didn't buy this at MSRP.
But this is only an opinion, and there are many worse things you could spend 20 dollars on. Give it a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, April 29 2013
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (Video Game)
Everything came intact and on time, the game isn't really all that great tho . . . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars BRING THE PAYNE!!!!!, May 28 2012
EGORAWRZ (Woodstock, CAN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (Video Game)
... Max Payne 3 hmm...... how long have we waited for this games to come out? 2003-2004? well after Max payne 2 (I forget when it came out) anyways, its been about 8 years... and now Max Payne 3 BRINGS THE PAYNE!!! Max payne 3 is a little more action than the first 2 but it does not feel like Call Of Duty or Battle Field. The story is dark twisted and keeps you guessing intil the ending.... Max Payne 3 still has not bored me I have completed the story 4 times now and did a couple multiplayer matches here and there. But Im just going to spoil a little to make sure your gonna want it more ok 3...2...1 *SPOLIER ALERT* THIS GAME IS FRACKING AWESOME!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars bon jeu mais....., Nov. 12 2012
Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (Video Game)
je déteste les commande et en plus le jeu n est pas traduis en francait il n y a que des sous-titre fr et il sont minuscule.

ARRAY(0xfa760cc)

Max Payne 3
Max Payne 3 by Rockstar Games (PlayStation 3)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 10.99