5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of nostalgia, a lot of fun with friends
This is one of a very few games I can get my wife to (pay and) play for more than a few minutes. The upgraded, faux 3D visuals are great, the controls are as spot on as ever, and the mayhem that comes from playing it with someone else is incredibly fun. The level design is excellent, imaginative, with a perfect balance of challenging sections and more relaxed stretches...
Published on Nov. 15 2009 by Meagol

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent game, Not much new!
Seems a bit short. Not revolutionary but still brings the classic fun with it.
Published on Feb. 12 2010 by NORGATEoiler

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars great game, Feb. 8 2010
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Standard Edition (Video Game)
it can be a little frustrating when you accidently kill people your playing with (push them off a ledge or prevent them from jumping) but other than that a awesome game!

4.0 out of 5 stars New Super Mario Bros is fun fun fun, Feb. 7 2010
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Standard Edition (Video Game)
I never really played the original one many many years ago. But when I heard that Wii was coming out with a new version, I was excited. I love playing this game. I haven't had a lot of time to play it with life happening, but the times that I have played it have been a blast.

3.0 out of 5 stars Why Nintendo, why?, Feb. 15 2010
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Standard Edition (Video Game)
First of all, I hate giving games a bad rating. If I spent a decent amount of time playing it, I "usually" think it deserves a decent rating.

Single player: Far too easy!! Just getting through the levels is easy, they provide enough 1-ups, and tip videos for getting them, that you will play most of the game with 50+ extra men. You ca collect "Star Coins" and find hidden exits to get 100% completion, but even those are fairly easy to find. I spent around 20 hours getting perfect. Not much single player 'replay value' after you've got perfect.

Multiplayer: Fun, but only the 2nd player choses who to play as, either Luigi, or one of 2 toads. You can do some amazing things with friends who are the same skill level as you, or understand each other's playing style. Otherwise, you can be held back by a slow player, or killed by a fast player.

Online: None!! In a title that has so much publicity for multiplayer, Nintendo decided not to let you play online. That feature alone would have meant a lot of additional replay time for me. And the extras they could have, tournaments, sharing your replay videos, finding random people to play with at 3am...

Overall: A good game, fun to get back to the roots, but too easy, and not much reason to pick up off the shelf when I'm looking for some solo play. Really disappointing when I think of all the time I sunk into the other 2D Mario platform games.

1.0 out of 5 stars Game Won't Play. Demanding a Refund., Aug. 19 2014
This review is from: New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Standard Edition (Video Game)
Got the game, and all I'm getting is an error that the Wii cannot read the disc...after cleaning the disc and even the disc reader inside the Wii itself I still am getting the same message. I am not pleased at all with the quality of the product...

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!!!, Nov. 20 2009
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Standard Edition (Video Game)
This game is so much fun. I loved the original Nintendo Mario Bros games and even kept my original Nintendo just to play these games. This updated version was extremely well done, it kept with the originals concepts and added on some amazing updated. I loved the penguin suit and the game saver option is great for when you just can't beat a level and just want to get on to the next level. I'm not a big video game fan and normally don't play a lot of video games but i found my self addicted to this game and ended up playing it for hours at a time. I would definitely recommend this game for anyone looking for a great wii game to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7 2014
This review is from: New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Standard Edition (Video Game)
Just as fun as the original :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, June 19 2014
This review is from: New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Standard Edition (Video Game)
Its one of the best game of Wii, I received this product as expected date and the game CD is really good. its working fine on my Wii console.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this game!!, April 6 2014
This review is from: New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Standard Edition (Video Game)
This is such a great game, and the price was decent. It's so fun! We play it almost every day! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it!, March 3 2014
This review is from: New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Standard Edition (Video Game)
My kids really like this video game! It works just like I thought that it would. Would buy again. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars new super mario bros, Feb. 19 2014
This review is from: New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Standard Edition (Video Game)
This game is really fun and up to four players can play at any time. We had a lot of fun with this game but now we are all super marioed out. I will play it in a couple of months with someone new.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›