5.0 out of 5 stars Best Halo so Far and Amazing Legendary Content
I won't cover the game itself, just the stuff that comes with the Legendary Edition in addition to the game.

Dr. Halsey's Journal
Published on Sept. 25 2010 by Deep Gill

3.0 out of 5 stars Scratched
Product has scratch , and doesn't work on campaign mode , not happy , should work properly , thought we bought new copy
Published 13 months ago by mel

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Halo so Far and Amazing Legendary Content, Sept. 25 2010
Deep Gill (Southern Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

Dr. Halsey's Journal
The journal is incredibly well made and has a solid cover with magnets to hold it closed. The content covers Dr. Halsey's work for the ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence) right from the first conceptual ideas of the Spartan program to the attack on Reach. There are tons of a sketches in side and some of the most interesting information so far about the Spartan program, Cortana, and Dr. Halsey's "dealings" with Captain Keyes.

The Statue
The statue is about 11 inches tall and features the 5 original members of Noble Team except the original Noble 6. The weapons for Jorge (Heavy Machine Gun), Carter (Designated Marksman Rifle), Emile (Shotgun), and Jun (Sniper Rifle) come in a small plastic bag and instructions to attach them to the statue. Jorge and Jun's guns can be quite hard to attach, they take a lot of pressure so you have to hold them and the attachment points on the figures carefully and firmly. The quality is top notch and worth the $150 price tag of the whole package alone.

Downloadable Content
You get 3 codes with the game. The first is a code to download the Recon helmet that was so coveted by Halo 3 players. The second is a 48 hour Gold trial. The last and best one includes 4 things; the Flaming Helmet, Elite Armor, Remote Control Falcon Avatar Item, and the Legendary Developer Video. The flaming helmet isn't actually a helmet, the flames can be applied to any helmet through the armor effects section of the armory. The Elite armor is a special suit of armor for online multiplayer that can be used my players who choose a Covenant Elite as their character. The Falcon item is a Falcon helicopter controlled by an Xbox controller for your avatar. The video is 2 hours long and is a walkthrough of the campaign by 4 of the people responsible for different aspects of the game. To unlock all this material you have to redeem the code and then log into Halo Waypoint on your Xbox.

All the packaging had real effort put into it too. The main box is modeled after a UNSC crate and the box holding the game and journal is modeled after a black box similar to the kind used on modern airliners.

Every serious Halo fan should have a Legendary Edition. However, because of it's rarity retailers began running out of stock around a month before the release date and at this point the chances of finding one are slim. If you don't already have one you missed out on the single best piece of Halo memorabilia ever made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game, very newbie-friendly, Sept. 28 2010
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My review of this game will be very different from the majority here since I am totally new to the Halo franchise and fairly new to the shooter genre for that matter, whether it's TPS or FPS. Therefore my opinion isn't influenced by all the other games similar to Halo Reach that may have come before.

First thing: Wow... just... wow...

I wasn't expecting to enjoy it so much but now I truly understand what the hype is about. And being a big sci-fi fan, I think the Halo games are the ones I had always wanted to play, but didn't know it until now. After going through the first mission, I had to literally tear myself away from the game once the cut scene that introduces the second mission ended because I was afraid I might not stop until that mission was over too. :)

One thing which pleasantly surprised me in retrospect is how newbie-friendly Bungie made this game. Even if you've never played a Halo game or any kind of FPS before, you won't feel lost. They completely ease you into it and even though there is no real tutorial to speak of, I never felt overwhelmed during the first few objectives - unlike in a game such as Killzone 2 where you get fed to the wolves right after a very short and lame tutorial. And there are enough checkpoints in Reach not to make dying a very frustrating affair. And again to my own surprise, I only died about 3 times during the first mission.

So even tough I'm really not a great shooter at all, at no point during the game did I feel like my skills were completely inadequate and I think that gave me enough confidence to plough through the battles without constantly searching for cover... and stay there (except when my shield was depleted of course). I have to admit though that I did feel a bit overwhelmed later during the mission but that's because the team was being invaded by a load of Covenant soldiers, including quite a few that were protected by shields. Just remember to always pick up a plasma pistol when that happens... *sigh* Also, this is totally random but I love the Grunts (aliens), they make me laugh. Too bad I have to kill them! :D

Another aspect I loved from this game is the music: it is simply epic and it sets the mood beautifully and perfectly for this action-packed saga. Truly a fantastic scifi game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Halo Yet!, Sept. 27 2010
Peter Cantelon (Morden, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Where to start? This is the best Halo game on soooooo many levels. It is beautiful to look at with far more detailed graphics than the others. The campaign story mode is exciting and next only to the original story. It lets you drive pretty much every vehicle you find. Another nice feature is the customization that you can do. If you customize your character and the armor (and there are a LOT of armor customizations) you keep your customizations in the campaign mode.

Speaking of customization, Halo Reach features the most amazing editable base map yet called Forge World. A brilliant and beautiful ocean side landscape which is absolutely massive in scope. There are high sheer cliffs, islands, cave systems, amazing waterfalls and a valley reminiscent of something from Jurassic Park. All of this for your imagination to go nuts on and build to your hearts content.

Weapons and vehicles have been upgraded and in some instances replaced. The handgun is now a weapon worth using and not dropping right away. There are new armor features including jet pack, armor lock, sprint, evade, active camo and drop shield.

Online multi-player is super fun allowing you to take advantage of all of these new features and use them against friend and foe alike from all over the world.

Halo fan or not this is one of the best shooters out there right now and I highly recommend you get it. Trust me, I know what I am talking about, I have three kids who have helped me write this review and they all love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I finally "Get It", Jan. 5 2011
This review is from: Halo Reach (Video Game)
I've owned an Xbox 360 since about a year after it came out. Halo has always been known as the ultimate FPS and online masterpiece...but I never really liked it that much. I had hardly played it, but wasn't blown away when I did.

But my wife picked up a copy of Halo Reach from a store closing sale, so I gave it a chance.

HOLY CRAP!

I LOVE this game! I totally get all the hype now. I pretty much own an Xbox for the Call of Duty series...which I absolutely love. But I've found myself playing Halo Reach more lately than Black Ops!

I haven't made it all the way through the single player as I am in love with the online play, which usually happens with me. Multiplayer is the way to go.

If you don't own this game yet, you are missing out. Halo fan or not, this game RULES!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah, yeah (:, Nov. 22 2013
This review is from: Halo Reach (Video Game)
I ORDERED THIS GAME FOR MY NEPHEW, GOT IT SUPER FAST & IT WAS IN IT ORIGINAL PACKAGING MINT CONDITION (: GREAT PRICE & WE LOVE BAMMING OUT TOGETHER!

5.0 out of 5 stars All I Can Say Is WOW, July 4 2013
When I opened up this bad boy I was speechless. I love Halo and its one of my favourite universes. Bungie really went all out when they released it. I The sculpture is really detailed and the whole packaging of the product is really well put together. I got the game with some stuff for Xbox Live.

5.0 out of 5 stars bonne partie vidéo, April 1 2013
This review is from: Halo Reach (Video Game)
le jeu est amusant, captivant tout les membres de ma famille qui sont jeunes ont aimés je le recommande avant HALO3

5.0 out of 5 stars very much pleased !, March 19 2013
trupar (alberta , canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Halo Reach (Video Game)
on behalf of my son , he loves it .great graphics. he highly recommends it . he's a halo enthusiast.

3.0 out of 5 stars Scratched, Feb. 25 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, Aug. 15 2012
This review is from: Halo Reach (Video Game)
Like all the Halo series, this is a great game. I played through the campaign twice. The online content is still being enhanced and is also a lot of fun, with so many game types that anyone will find something enjoyable.

ARRAY(0xaad60a50)

Halo Reach
Halo Reach by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 19.00