march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 30, 2014
Love my Beatles albums .
on August 28, 2014
for such an expensive collection this should be presented in a custom made box, a box that keeps the collection in one place ,indicating titles ,content of the collection,this one step would make this an exceptional collection,and a gift that would make a long lasting impression,this was a gift for a grandson regards
on August 18, 2014
Great item. Arrived as described. Fast shipping.
on August 16, 2014
To begin with, I received the US Pressing of this set. I had done my research thanks to other reviews posted here and learned of the defects of the US pressings as opposed to the EU pressings. So I hoped that Amanzon.ca would come through. But having seen on the bottom of the outer cardboard box "Distributed by Capitol Records" I knew it was a US and braced for the worst. Well, I got pretty lucky. I checked all records and no center punch issues. And only a small handful (pun intended) of light finger prints on the latter records (MMT - Let It Be as noted by others). I am pleased to report however they did not affect the sound. All records are quiet. No hisses, pops, or otherwise. The only issue was with Let It Be itself and this is the reason I deducted a star. The title track of the album skipped in five places and I did see a bad print over that part of the record. I did get a replacement sort of through Amazon after the email they gave me proved to be a dud (fishercustserv@umusic.com) - my emails kept getting bounced back to me saying that their mailbox was full. So what Amazon said they would do was refund 10% of the purchase price of my set and I could buy a new Let It Be album, which came out to being pretty close to evening out. Actually I benefitted to the tune of $10. This LIB was completely clean. Funny thing about the new LIB though is that the same song skipped again twice and these two skips were in same places as the other record. I can only assume a general defect in the pressing process. Anyone else with this problem?

Bottom line is, I am very pleased with this beautiful set. These are my first Beatles LPs that I have owned. I love the covers, the reproduced extras in some of the albums and of course the authentic Parlophone/Capitol/Apple labels. And the book is a great read. It was worth the money.
on July 12, 2014
This is the Parlophone EU version. Good sound, nicely redone. I didn't open the picture booklet that came with it. I viewed the pics online. Maybe it'll keep its value.
on July 3, 2014
Simply incredible! Beautiful recording quality and a definitive collection!
on July 1, 2014
I ordered from Amazon.Ca hoping to get a UK pressing. I was sent a US pressing from a third party supplier. Paid customs duty on it. My set had the problems that many of the US sets had. Most of the larger problems showed up on the second half of the set. The problems were as follows: Scuffs that usually did not affect play, finger prints (give the guy a glove!), some surface noise during quiet parts (When Ringo sings Good Night on the White Album it is very evident), some pressings are not equally flat, and on WA and MMT there can be really bad surface noise at the last of the final tracks.

Some of the other issues I had may have been due to the actual mixing of the music. This is most evident on the early albums. I guess there was not sufficient data to make a good stereo sound. I switched to mono and the sound improved.

At best, the songs can sound great and resonate like magic. At worst, on MMT, the track is unlistenable (no hyperbole here.)

I am keeping the set because, without the ability to choose a UK set, I don't wish to go through the trouble of returning it. Ecologically, I can't convince myself that returning this box several times until I get a good one, is worth the fuel, time and expense.
I paid for a "perfect" set, but I will settle for OK. And someday they will probably decide to re-create the half-speed process with the new mix--and press it in Japan.
If you can avoid the US set, do so. Still, there is some great music to be heard from it.

JUST HEARD about the Mono Vinyl Set to be released in September. Manufactured in Germany. Someone at Apple was listening. So here's an idea: Buy the mono set, then get a hold of post-White Album UK (or German) stereo copies for those individual titles.
on June 11, 2014
Super set with all the original Beatles album. The reproductions are just like the original with pictures and posters. All of them sound absolutely fantastic. Great care was taken to ensure a faultless listening. I have to tell my box set contained records pressed in Germany. I know there were some concerns with those pressed in USA. Just for the book full of high quality pictures witch explain the the story behind the creation of each albums is worth the price of this Box set. Nice collectible item and nice to listen to!
on April 24, 2014
First too sets were the U.S. pressings and they were flawed. Third one was from E.U. and it was flawless.
on March 24, 2014
The Beatles box set has been a great addition to my collection of albums. It is an absolute great treasure!