biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Audio CDChange

on June 11, 2014
Super set with all the original Beatles album. The reproductions are just like the original with pictures and posters. All of them sound absolutely fantastic. Great care was taken to ensure a faultless listening. I have to tell my box set contained records pressed in Germany. I know there were some concerns with those pressed in USA. Just for the book full of high quality pictures witch explain the the story behind the creation of each albums is worth the price of this Box set. Nice collectible item and nice to listen to!
on April 24, 2014
First too sets were the U.S. pressings and they were flawed. Third one was from E.U. and it was flawless.
on March 24, 2014
The Beatles box set has been a great addition to my collection of albums. It is an absolute great treasure!
on March 19, 2014
Ordered direct through Amazon. Arrived quickly. Did my homework to make sure I got the real thing and it is! Very happy!
on February 7, 2014
this is a beautiful set of all the beatle albums for almost half the price compared to the record shop.delivered quickly and boxed well
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 28, 2014
Needless to say, I own these many times over in original apples edition. Forget the complaints about these not being taken from analogue master tapes. This box set has it all , it's decently prices, has a real nice feel to it, and for those that are sitting on the fence, one can do no better . Its a real nice effort.

UPDATE 26 May 2014:

I wrote the above review without listening to these as everyone here needs no other commentary on this wonderful music. However after purchasing this in late 2012, I still have not listened to the vinyl. With the amount of complaints, I think I will need to temper the above positive review and start listening to these albums. If what I am hearing is true....it would be horrible indeed for all of us . I will follow up. I plan on listening to one or two albums as soon as tonight. I ordered from amazon.ca, so I suppose this means cross my fingers as I seem to be on the "good " side of the fence.

LAST UPDATE AUGUST 7: I have listened to all my records, all are good on my end and these are the American copies. They all sound sublime on all my sound systems, hopefully this will help the cause.

Cheers

LM
on January 28, 2014
I give it this rating because the remastered albums sound amazing and I recommend them to anybody who is a fan of the Beatles or any classic rock group
on January 3, 2014
I've had three different shipments of this box set and every one of them has gone back. All of them were US pressings, but I can't really slag the third one so much because I never did give that one a listen. That one went back because it was shipped without a shipping box and was damaged in transit as a result. When it comes to these US pressings, if they're ok, then they'll sound really really good. When you get the warping or off-centre pressing etc etc they suck. The first set I got contained 8 flawed records. Oddly it was all the latter half of their body of work. When the second set came I began playing from Past Masters on back and only because it was the latter half that was flawed the first time. I didn't make it beyond Past Master though...it was warped and back the whole thing went. When the third one came in the condition it was in I decided that fate doesn't want me to have this box set right now, so I'm getting a refund. I'm sure if you really wanted the set you can request replacements for individual records from Capitol Records if you get flawed vinyl, but I think when there's really so many bad ones out there judging from all the negative feedback I'd just save my money if I were you.
on December 30, 2013
I've ordered this twice and both times received records that are noisy and many with the hold not punched in the center. Quite disappointed in the shoddy manufacturing of these records. If you have a nice sound system to play your records on you may want to consider not purchasing these.
on December 11, 2013
I was really looking forward to getting this vinyl set, to replace my worn out originals. I had however read that some of the pressings were from the USA, and some from the EU - the latter being far superior.

Mine arrived - the packaging was superb - everything looked perfect. Then I opened the box and examined the discs. What a disappointment - the edges were poorly trimmed, there were visible bands on the surface (which translated to a loud whoosh when played) and the sound was flat as a pancake. Of course, the set I had was the USA version - shame.

I requested an RMA and will not be taking a chance on another set unless I can guarantee their origin.

The problem these days - and I don't blame Amazon at all for any of the above - is that vinyl buyers and fans are essentially all fussy audiophiles. Historically, 90% of buyers would not have the equipment or the 'Ears' to notice or care about manufacturing defects (BSR turntables with ceramic cartridges for example). As such, the few returns that would have come from the (at the time) minority would have been acceptable.

Right now, it's difficult to even find a poor quality turntable (unless you count awful USB based units that big box retailers sell).

So, unless the vinyl producers begin to supply high quality discs that we can enjoy, they are going to see return after return after return.

Search YouTube for Audio Fidelity and you'll see videos of their presses and the QA processes - that's where I'll be spending my money from now on (for Vinyl at least).

In conclusion - leave well alone. Unless you're deaf.