5.0 out of 5 stars The E.U. pressing definitely HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
My review will focus on the manufacturing of the box set not the musical content which has remained timeless and outstanding throughout the years. I recently purchased the Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box Set on Amazon.ca and with great satisfaction was sent the version manufactured in E.U. The vinyl LPs all pressed by Optimal in Germany. I reside in the US and purchased TWO US...
Published on Feb. 2 2013 by A. DURSO

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 Year Later - Still Shipping FLAWED USA Sets
So I figured a year went by, maybe they have fixed the issues with the USA set or maybe I would get a EU Set (I asked Amazon before ordering and they could not say which one I would get). So I ordered late November 2013, and unfortunately I got the USA box and it is STILL riddled with problems. I contacted Amazon to replace it and they passed me the manufacturer`s email...
Published 19 months ago by JP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 515 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing, but be aware..., May 24 2013
I'll start this review off by saying I did quite a bit of research into the product before I bought it. It seems upon its release, many North American Beatles fans received terribly manufactured discs made in America. Upon months of headaches and back-and-forth returns with the manufacturer (Rainbo), it was eventually understood that the German presses of the discs were by far superior in sound/physical quality - heavy discs with no scratches, fingerprints or skips, packaged in a sturdier sleeve.

I ordered The Beatles Stereo Box Set at the $229 price point after reading that Amazon.ca had apparently been shipping copies of the German box set. I took a chance and figured it was truly damaged, I could return it for a refund and at least go down swinging.

I received a set (free shipping!) with a sticker on the back stating the box had been "Assembled In US, Discs Pressed In Germany". Based on this, I assume Amazon has been packaging these returned box sets with the sealed solo German presses. So, if you've made it this far in the review, THIS IS GREAT NEWS!

My set is flawless! All the discs are in perfect condition with a sound quality unlike any record in my collection. My jaw dropped upon first listening, as you have never heard The Beatles like this before. Such clarity and richness in these remasters that it feels like you're in the studio with the band. The set also includes a large hardcover book featuring photos and album descriptions - it's worth the price of the set alone.

PURCHASE WITH CAUTION: You may receive the German discs, you may receive the American discs. I don't know how Amazon is deciding what to send out, but hey, at $230, it's worth a shot right? Happy listening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Box Set, May 1 2013
I was hesitant to purchase this set based on all of the issues that I was reading about but when I read that Amazon.ca had sourced the EU pressings and had dropped the price to $249.99 CDN I couldn't resist so I bought it. It was packed very well and made it to my home in pristine condition. Note that it is shipped in a huge box, far larger than I was expecting. If you're picking it up from UPS or the post office bring a vehicle with a large trunk or lots of room in the back seat. As for the vinyl itself, there were a couple of extremely minor surface aberrations but nothing worth being concerned about. I listened to all 16 lp's and I noticed some minor surface noise on 3 sides but it was barely noticeable and of short duration. Just for context my analog rig consists of a VPI Scoutmaster turntable with JMW 9.0 signature tonearm with a Dynavector DV 20X cartridge. Phono amplification is handled by a Whest PS30 RDT feeding into deHavilland pre and power. Speakers are Harbeth M30.1's. I only mention this to emphasize that my system is fairly revealing of sonic problems upstream. I buy a lot of vinyl and I am very happy with the quality of this set. One thing that I can't comment on is the sound quality of these remasters vs the original pressings (or the US pressings for that matter). Although I'm a fan I do not own any so I am unable to compare. If like me you do not own any original pressings I think this set is a no-brainer, especially at 250 bucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great music made better, Aug. 21 2013
This review is from: Stereo Box Set (Audio CD)
This box set is the most amazing release since the actual release of the Beatles albums. The remastering is pristine and such a convenient set of all the Beatles albums in one nice box! All the bad reviews here are of Amazon not shipping them on time lol.If you don't have any Beatles get this set for years of enjoyment as the Beatles music is timeless!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great remastering,poor quality pressing., April 13 2013
I received the boxset in good shape, but the quality of pressing and overall finish of the vinyls are well below what we can wait of the "spécial édition". Emi consumer replace me the vinyl by the same sh... coming from Rainbo manufacture. Leave me with a very bad taste in my thorax. Cannot recommend. Michel, Québec city

1.0 out of 5 stars C'mon Amazon-what's with the poor packaging!, Dec 24 2012
I read a lot of negative reviews on this item before I purchased it-warped records, skipping, scratches, etc. It didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing that it was going to cost $360.00. I purchased it and kept my fingers crossed. Thankfully the records are all fine. I think the most impressive part of this package is the case bound book. It's marvellous with pictures I've never seen before and I've seen a lot of pictures of the Beatles over the past 49 years. I actually saw them perform live-twice! But-Amazon-the shipping was HORRIBLE!!!!! My package was delivered in 2 pieces! One piece was the box itself with the records and book. The other piece was the shrinkwrap with the shipping label on it. This entire package was held together with a piece of flimsy shrinkwrap. The box was wide open and anything could have fallen out. The outer sleeve was torn, the box was dented and scratched. Surely you could have shipped this item in an outer carton to protect it. My advice to everyone is to buy it at Costco. It's cheaper and you can see what the package looks like. I'll limit any future Amazon buying to single books or small items that can give fit in a carton. A job very poorly done Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say ?, Nov. 18 2012
gary seppa "eno" (unionville, ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Just when you though that it couldn't possibly get better .... it does.

The monos from a couple of years ago were great. The USB was even better. Now this !

My hat is off to all of the folks responsible for these beautiful records ..... from The Beatles themselves .... to George Martin .... to the team of sound engineers who worked on the 24-bit, 192 kHz files ..... to the people at the pressing plant where these wonderful records were manufactured. You guys have created what can only be described as sheer beauty itself. The details, the timbre, the body, the naturalness of the sound have elevated this timeless music/art to a whole new level.

WOW !

I have never enjoyed The Beatles more. It is truly a fantastic emotional experience of the highest order.

Thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Great music of course but mediocre sound quality on the records. Noisy vinyl on most albums, Dec 30 2013
I've ordered this twice and both times received records that are noisy and many with the hold not punched in the center. Quite disappointed in the shoddy manufacturing of these records. If you have a nice sound system to play your records on you may want to consider not purchasing these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lot's of non-fill and surface noise, Dec 9 2013
Very disappointed, lot's of surface noise and non-fill, and amazon will not exchange it, I can only return it. I could reorder the same box for 60$ more than I paid for. Really amazon, lately I've been thinking just stoping doing business here...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great.........., June 9 2013
Despite the very dodgy reviews my set looks really good, nice shiny vinyl, I cleaned ALL the lp's and so far all are very quiet with great fidelity! Due to all the "flack" I believe EMI/Apple have re done the US pressings and they're MUCH better. My box set which I ordered from Amazon.ca said "Manufactured by EMI Canada" but all the jackets say "Manufactured in Hollywood California". Now I have ALL the Beatles vinyl to supplement my 4 Japanese pressings + the book and these US pressings sound every bit as good. They come packaged in a beautiful black "Beatles" flip top box! Don't pass it up at the low price of $229.00 CDN with FREE shipping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beatles Stereo Box Set - 180 gram Vinyl Edition, Aug. 8 2013
This is a great set! I heard some differing opinions before deciding to go ahead and buy it, but I'm very glad I decided to get it. Great sound quality and a real nice way to get all of their albums in one nice package.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 515 | Next ›

Stereo Box Set
Stereo Box Set by The Beatles (Audio CD - 2009)