4.0 out of 5 stars PSP go, great first impression, bad second impression.
I purchased this thing, and when I first recieved it, I loved it. It looked cool, felt great in my hands, and had lots of nice features such as the 16 GB hard drive. It is also considerably smaller and lighter than the previous PSP versions, and fit well in my pocket. Too bad those are the only great things about this device.

The new psp go, has the same...
Published on Oct. 7 2009 by Qingchuan Wang

1.0 out of 5 stars Less for More!?!
So let me get this straight?

Sony is releasing a new PSP that won't play my UMD disks because it doesn't have one?

They won't give me a discount for downloading the 15 or so games I already purchased for my PSP (first generation) and I'd have to pay full retail at their store?

The player looks VERY similar to that Apple Iphone or Itouch...
Published on Oct. 4 2009 by Reddog

4.0 out of 5 stars PSP go, great first impression, bad second impression., Oct. 7 2009
Qingchuan Wang (Toronto, Canada.) - See all my reviews
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PSP Go - Pearl White - Standard Edition (Video Game)

The new psp go, has the same technical specs as the older psp versions. NO graphic improvements, heck the screen size is even a bit smaller!.

The first thing I did was transfer all my music onto this thing. With it's 16 GB harddrive, I transfered over 1000 songs and it still had 11 GB space left. Pretty good. Then I transfered some movies. Both music and videos play well.

Then I headed over to PSN to check out the games, since I couldn't play UMDs on it. HERE i was disappointed. Some of the games I play such as dissidia, crisis core, DJ max portable, and many others are not available for download! So, basically there was NO way for me to play my favorite games. It had NO UMD support, and the only way to get games was from the PSN network, which had around like..100 games? THIS killed the product. Having an extremely limited game selection, especially if the games are already out but they're just not on PSN!.

Overall, this product still deserves a 4/5 stars though. I would NOT say it's the best thing sony has come up with, but in comparison with other portable gaming consoles, etc, it is still pretty good.

If i were to rate it based on my expectations of sony, I'd have to give it a 2/5 =[.

Anyways, buy this product if you're willing to wait until sony to put more games on PSN(Some titles may never make it). Otherwise, stick to a normal phat/slim psp :).

5.0 out of 5 stars psp go review, Nov. 13 2010
This review is from: PSP Go - Pearl White - Standard Edition (Video Game)
I love this product. Its very sleek, it fits in my pocket, great for traveling. I like that the controls slide out vs a touch screen or previous psp models. I like that everything is about downloading, im not a fan of carrying game discs with me because in my opinion it just takes up space.Its very easy to transfer pics, music, and videos onto the device. Also you can add external memory card and watch some awesome tv shows.

Reason i bought it; i was looking for a device that pretty much had everything in one, internet, pics, music, videos, games, and skype. When i originally bought the product i thought i would be using it maybe once in a while, but in fact i use it a lot.I've had the psp go for over a month and its awesome; i would definitely recommend this product to others.

Cons; none its a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars best psp deal ever, Jan. 1 2011
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PSP Go - Pearl White - Standard Edition (Video Game)
it was the best psp deal ever. I was looking for new ones in every where, but no one sold mint psp for this cheap and quick shipping.
Im totally into this one, now I don't even touch my NDS. Onlything I don't like is i need to download every game from the online shop, but hey, they also have free demo i can play n see how the game works. This demos totally help me with choising games, and 16G memory is just perfect for that process.
Thanks so much for the great deal and fst shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing., Dec 7 2009
This review is from: PSP Go - Pearl White - Standard Edition (Video Game)
I have been thinking of picking up a PSP for a couple of months now, but could never really decide. It was either getting the PSP-3000, or the new PSPgo. There were many tough choices to be had here, such as what I was really looking for in portable gaming.

With the PSP-3000, you get legacy support for UMD games, and still get support for games on the PSN. Howevever, there is no internal storage (usually a combo pack comes with a 4GB memory stick), and it is very bulky, not as portable as one would hope.

PSPgo on the other hand is small, lighter than the 3000, and has 16GB internal storage. It does not have a UMD drive, so make sure not to pick up any UMD games for it, everything is done over the PSN. The screen is smaller (3.8" rather than 4.3" at the same resolution, so basically everything will look sharper). Unless you put the PSPgo and PSP-3000 side by side, you will not notice the screen size difference in all reality of the matter, so don't be afraid of thinking that the screen might be too small for you. Also, to give you a comparison, it is about the size of a DS Lite, if not a little smaller when it is closed.

There are three ways to get games on the system. You can either buy a game voucher off a retail store (although there are only like 2-3 games in this form from what I have seen), you can get a PSN cash card, where you buy a card of certain value from a retail store and then activate the code on the back on the PSN, or you can just use your credit card.

What caused me to get the PSPgo over the 3000 is that it is so much smaller, I can keep it in my pocket, and not have to worry about not being able to bend over.

Everything on the PSPgo is digital distribution, that is how you get your games. If you do not have WiFi, an internet connected PC or PS3, then do not buy this! However, if you do, then go ahead and buy it, because this is by far the best portable gaming machine on the market right now (in my opinion).

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Satisfaction, Jan. 11 2010
Y. Que - See all my reviews
This review is from: PSP Go - Pearl White - Standard Edition (Video Game)
At first, I thought it was plain white just like the piano black, with a gloss finish. Actually its pearl metallic is as nice as my IS350 ! And so is the gloss finish, it's just like the car's anti corrosives skincare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy the business with Amazon.ca! You rock!, Oct. 30 2009
K. Chow "K in Markham" (Markham ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PSP Go - Pearl White - Standard Edition (Video Game)
I pre-ordered my PSP Go! and Amazon.ca delivered it right to my door on Oct.1 morning, even earlier than I get up! That's amazing. I was expecting to have my Go! on the 2nd. Amazon, you know how to do business. I wouldn't bother buying the Go! elsewhere online, especially those online bidding websites. Consider amazon, they price reasonably and won't get you disappointed. Just my 2 cents.

1.0 out of 5 stars Less for More!?!, Oct. 4 2009
Reddog (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PSP Go - Pearl White - Standard Edition (Video Game)
So let me get this straight?

The player looks VERY similar to that Apple Iphone or Itouch that has been around for months and already has a strong user base errr Sony who is gonna buy this thing?

Oh yeah and don't forget that "new higher" price tag?

If you want "less for more" go ahead and get yourself one!

Not Me!!!

PSP Go - Pearl White - Standard Edition
PSP Go - Pearl White - Standard Edition by Sony Computer Entertainment (Sony PSP)
Used & New from: CDN$ 109.99