march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 27, 2010
The beautiful music on this great album is a breath of fresh air! The celestial sounds of Oliver's violin bouncing off the walls and ceilings of some of the most lovely sacred spaces in the world is heaven on Earth for me. I'm thrilled I stumbled upon a documentary on Oliver Schroer recently, and in this way was introduced to this wonderful man and his joyful music. Some of the songs bring me to tears, whereas others bring me to my knees...

I thank him for sharing his gifts with us... his music, his big heart, and himself. And for letting me experience music as bliss! Thank you, Oliver, for everything.
on November 4, 2013
I had the privilege of hearing Schroer play "Field of Stars" from this album live a few months before he died, and it's haunted me ever since. The whole thing is breathtaking and all-consuming. Not something to be thrown on as light background music - pour yourself a scotch, sit on the front porch wrapped in a blanket, and watch the night sky as you listen to this album. The world's tallest freestanding fiddler had a magnificent point of view. How lovely that we can still hear him.
on May 17, 2013
Camino means road in Spanish. Oliver Shroer travelled, on foot, the ancient road between France and Spain known as the Camino de Santiago, stopping at the many old, historic churches along the way to record his music on his treasured violin. Whether due to the ambience of his surroundings or not, Oliver Schroer's music touches the very soul with its beauty. I would recommend this CD to anyone who can feel music with the heart.
on November 29, 2013
This CD evokes the experience of the Camino de Santiago. The ambient sounds recorded along the trail provide an added dimension for the listener. Oliver Schroer is very skilled on the violin. The music is achingly beautiful and spiritual, although quite often tending towards the melancholy.
on October 3, 2011
I just returned from walking part of the Camino in France on the Via Podensis from Le-Puy-en-Velay.
I loved this album before I went for it's simplicity and beauty; upon my return I have barely listened to much else. He so brilliantly weaves his own personal music with the communal tinkling of cow bells, village chapel bells, and pilgrim footsteps. It takes me back intimately to my own pilgrimage in its complete authenticity more than pictures or other cues. So much of the walk is about sound...silence, "les chansons des oiseaux", those bells, and the sound of walking sticks and feet treading the path.
Schroer's music enables the listener to be Deeply Present to the Camino.
on December 27, 2013
The music is haunting, mystical and exquisite. It will be listened to over and over. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
on April 2, 2015
Over the last several years I have bought several copies of this deeply moving, powerfully performed original music by a man who grew up alongside Leona Boyd, and who sadly died two years ago. His life and work are inspirations. (Excellent delivery on the part of the seller.)
on April 26, 2012
This is one of the most beautiful and powerful recordings I've ever heard. It is austere yet moving. The sound of the violin is rich and textured and the modal, questioning improvised phrases conjure an entire world. Words cannot express...
on July 27, 2015
IT.S RUSTIC, AND REMIND ME OF MY WALK ON THE CAMINO.
on December 20, 2014
Perfect! And an amazing CD, by the way... Thank You!!