4.0 out of 5 stars Beats Vista
Glad I upgraded,so far so good.Was having too many problems with Vista missing files etc.Has many good useful features and appears to be much more stable.
Published on June 9 2010 by Sandy Robinson

1.0 out of 5 stars O M G really?
I rarely, very rarely, take time to make negative reviews. I usually find positive in many things. I will add positives to this review in the spirit of optimism.

Published on Dec 22 2010 by E. L. LaBerge

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars O M G really?, Dec 22 2010
E. L. LaBerge (Ottawa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)

Before I bought this product, I ran the Compatibility application on the Windows 7 website. All was great, except a couple games I have that really were expendable. So I said, ok, it's compatible - trash the little older games and let's get a faster running windows!
Then I bought it, and it was GREAT at first! Faster, cleaner, more user friendly (although I am not a novice at computers, so user friendly wasn't a big deal), and up to date so it's more secure for now. The install was glitchy only in a couple parts, and it was surprisingly fast. I was pleased! I told everyone how happy I was, how surprised..
Oh look.. my sound card is no longer compatible. What the? I did the test, it was compatible. So I got another one for a usual price and shut up. SO what, just a little spending right?
Fast forward about a month.
Your video card is not compatible with windows 7. What's that??? It was when I did the test, and it was for a month or so.. why all of a sudden? Blue Screens of Death, daily at least. The Action Center flag sat annoyingly each day in my system tray teasing me to update drivers and do Windows Update. Thing is, everything was up to date. I did HOURS even DAYS of research on how to fix this. Turns out it's a known issue and some non related to windows companies would help you for a fee. I didn't do this, of course, because it's terribly fishy getting third party patches. I would get it stable here and there and be able to work on my computer, play, and read/write emails. So daily I could play my beloved World of Warcraft and email clients and work on art etc. I put up with the glitches and action center messages repeating themselves. I put up with it cause I could work Around it.. as per the normal Windows experience.
Fast Forward many more months, this week to today.
Oh what? My Network Controller is not compatible now? My grin and bear it face turned into crazed anger. So all of a sudden it is not compatible?? Seriously?? No updates from windows, just all of a sudden it's incompatible.
Nothing else had changed in any of these three situations.
Now I get Blue Screens of Death several times a day.

This is discouraging and angering. But it works for some people. This may be an extremely isolated incident! I bought it when it was new, there was less info on the net about it so do your research and find a way to confirm everything is indeed compatible... the application on the website may indeed be wrong.

Things I like about Windows 7 (so that I don't have an anuerysm thinking about the negatives:
- It's more customizable in terms of function and looks.
- I like the background slideshow for wallpapers
- It's faster than other windows
- Clean design and function
- Maintenance is more accessible
- It's indeed more user friendly, easier for new users to use
- There are more multimedia goodies

Okay so I hope that was helpful to some of you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beats Vista, June 9 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Includes 32-bit & 64-bit versions, June 26 2009
D G (Brockville, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
Since I saw someone else wondering about this I figured I'd mention it, Windows 7, unlike Windows Vista includes both versions (32-bit & 64-bit on the same DVD) so you don't have to worry about getting stuck with the wrong version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the upgrade, June 26 2009
S. Silva (Montreal, QC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
I've been using 7 as my main OS on my laptop since the Release Candidate and I have not had any trouble--the installation was as smooth and quick as it can be and it worked right out of the box--no extra driver installation necessary. For $65, it is definitely worth the upgrade!

To some extent, Windows 7 is to Vista what XP is to ME.

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft can have Win 8 Keep improving 7 for office use, Nov. 21 2013
GEORGE HORNER MD RETD (CLARENVILLE, Newfoundland Canada) - See all my reviews
As above Have been building own computers since DOS Like Microsoft a lot
Have an intention tremor so Tablets etc not my cup of tea!!
Nevertheless Microsoft have produced great programs and have taught me a lot
With many Thanks -don't stop now!
George

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Windows 7, April 17 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
This Windows upgrade is a good step forward from previous versions but is expensive is Windows is going to do this on a yearly basis

5.0 out of 5 stars Ze Windows, Jan. 7 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
This has been the Best OS in a while from microsoft. Work as expected and is steady and solid.

A must for PC owner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Less bloated then vista., Jan. 5 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
For $50 during the inital pre-order from Microsoft for Windows 7 was a great way for them to make up for the semi-debacle that Windows Vista was. I had no real major issue with Vista other then is was a resource hog, and though this is just an upgrade it got about a 12-13% performance increase with this upgrade on my system with the Vista bloat still underneath it all. Great buy at the time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some better, some no better than Vista...., Oct. 2 2012
Golok Z Buday (Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
Annoyed it wouldn't upgrade to the 64 bit, still crap. Sadly no guarantee Linux will run on machine.
Ahhhh, better enough than Vista, but not better than 3.11 or 98. Better than 95.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid OS, June 22 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
Definitely the most stable Windows operating system since Windows XP, but with support for modern hardware and software. I run a 32-bit version on my Home Theatre PC, and a 64-bit version on my flight simulator gaming machine. Very happy in both cases.

Windows XP never let me down, but it's being left behind by the newer remote controls and multimedia software, and typically only supports 3GB of RAM which is barely enough for gaming these days.

I bought my first copy of Windows 7 in 2009 and I'm sure I'll be using it until nearly 2019.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade by Microsoft Software (Windows 7 / Vista)
Out of stock