5.0 out of 5 stars Includes 32-bit & 64-bit versions
Since I saw someone else wondering about this I figured I'd mention it, Windows 7, unlike Windows Vista includes both versions (32-bit & 64-bit on the same DVD) so you don't have to worry about getting stuck with the wrong version.
Published on June 26 2009 by D G

1.0 out of 5 stars O M G really?
I rarely, very rarely, take time to make negative reviews. I usually find positive in many things. I will add positives to this review in the spirit of optimism.

Published on Dec 22 2010 by E. L. L.

5.0 out of 5 stars Includes 32-bit & 64-bit versions, June 26 2009
D G (Brockville, ON) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the upgrade, June 26 2009
S. Silva (Montreal, QC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
I've been using 7 as my main OS on my laptop since the Release Candidate and I have not had any trouble--the installation was as smooth and quick as it can be and it worked right out of the box--no extra driver installation necessary. For $65, it is definitely worth the upgrade!

To some extent, Windows 7 is to Vista what XP is to ME.

1.0 out of 5 stars O M G really?, Dec 22 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)

Before I bought this product, I ran the Compatibility application on the Windows 7 website. All was great, except a couple games I have that really were expendable. So I said, ok, it's compatible - trash the little older games and let's get a faster running windows!
Then I bought it, and it was GREAT at first! Faster, cleaner, more user friendly (although I am not a novice at computers, so user friendly wasn't a big deal), and up to date so it's more secure for now. The install was glitchy only in a couple parts, and it was surprisingly fast. I was pleased! I told everyone how happy I was, how surprised..
Oh look.. my sound card is no longer compatible. What the? I did the test, it was compatible. So I got another one for a usual price and shut up. SO what, just a little spending right?
Fast forward about a month.
Your video card is not compatible with windows 7. What's that??? It was when I did the test, and it was for a month or so.. why all of a sudden? Blue Screens of Death, daily at least. The Action Center flag sat annoyingly each day in my system tray teasing me to update drivers and do Windows Update. Thing is, everything was up to date. I did HOURS even DAYS of research on how to fix this. Turns out it's a known issue and some non related to windows companies would help you for a fee. I didn't do this, of course, because it's terribly fishy getting third party patches. I would get it stable here and there and be able to work on my computer, play, and read/write emails. So daily I could play my beloved World of Warcraft and email clients and work on art etc. I put up with the glitches and action center messages repeating themselves. I put up with it cause I could work Around it.. as per the normal Windows experience.
Fast Forward many more months, this week to today.
Oh what? My Network Controller is not compatible now? My grin and bear it face turned into crazed anger. So all of a sudden it is not compatible?? Seriously?? No updates from windows, just all of a sudden it's incompatible.
Nothing else had changed in any of these three situations.
Now I get Blue Screens of Death several times a day.

This is discouraging and angering. But it works for some people. This may be an extremely isolated incident! I bought it when it was new, there was less info on the net about it so do your research and find a way to confirm everything is indeed compatible... the application on the website may indeed be wrong.

Things I like about Windows 7 (so that I don't have an anuerysm thinking about the negatives:
- It's more customizable in terms of function and looks.
- I like the background slideshow for wallpapers
- It's faster than other windows
- Clean design and function
- Maintenance is more accessible
- It's indeed more user friendly, easier for new users to use
- There are more multimedia goodies

Okay so I hope that was helpful to some of you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great OS, worth it., Jan. 29 2010
M. Reid - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
both 32bit and 64bit versions come on the install disc.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. It is a good OS. I used every version of Windows to date. XP is preobably my fav, but I thouroughly think that Windows 7 is almost as good. I just wish it was a bit leaner.

I upgraded from Vista 64bit(did a clean install) and Windows 7 is much better. It runs faster than Vista for me on the identicle machine. I didn't dislike Vista, but it was a pig on my PC (slow). 7 is much better. I've had it sicne release day, and I used the beta for months before. So far I havn't had it crash once, and havn't had any issues with drivers. Vista I had some driver issue, but no crash.

Only downside, some of my games don't work, seems to be an issue with Starforce copy protection not working with 64bit windows. Trying some worarounds for that...

I would recommend it to people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beats Vista, June 9 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
Glad I upgraded,so far so good.Was having too many problems with Vista missing files etc.Has many good useful features and appears to be much more stable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7, Dec 9 2009
Francis Bowers "Francis" (Sudbury Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
Windows 7 is a well worth it upgrade. It's a lot faster starting up and shutting down than Vista. It has a nicer interface and seems to be a lot more stable. I'm very happy with it so far

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid OS, June 22 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
Definitely the most stable Windows operating system since Windows XP, but with support for modern hardware and software. I run a 32-bit version on my Home Theatre PC, and a 64-bit version on my flight simulator gaming machine. Very happy in both cases.

Windows XP never let me down, but it's being left behind by the newer remote controls and multimedia software, and typically only supports 3GB of RAM which is barely enough for gaming these days.

I bought my first copy of Windows 7 in 2009 and I'm sure I'll be using it until nearly 2019.

5.0 out of 5 stars OK because I a slave to MS Windows, May 13 2011
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
Great for legacy programs. I am running a Windows accounting program from 1998 and it still works in legacy mode. Most freeware runs on MS Windows so I am still beholden to the master OS as the path to least resistance. 64 bit version runs 32 bit programs with no problems that I have encountered. None of the problems that my siblings have with Vista where I'm constantly trouble shooting something or reinstalling the OS. I will skip Windows 8 just because of new interface paradigm unless freeware products abandon traditional desktop model.

5.0 out of 5 stars For your information..., June 26 2009
L. Sicotte (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
All version of windows 7 supports 32bits and 64bits processor architectures. This is mentionned on the Microsoft website.

Cheers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Less bloated then vista., Jan. 5 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (CD-ROM)
For $50 during the inital pre-order from Microsoft for Windows 7 was a great way for them to make up for the semi-debacle that Windows Vista was. I had no real major issue with Vista other then is was a resource hog, and though this is just an upgrade it got about a 12-13% performance increase with this upgrade on my system with the Vista bloat still underneath it all. Great buy at the time.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade by Microsoft Software (Windows 7 / Vista)
Out of stock