Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(2 star).Show all reviews
on February 27, 2010
I use Windows Media Center (WMC) to record and play Digital HD television on my PC. Note that under Windows 7 WMC does not support the reception of digital tv (ATSC) in Canada. Microsoft simply says that not all features are supported in all countries. No further explanation. This means that under standard installation in Canada, even if you have the hardware, WMC will not receive any digital tv signals. Nor will WMC download any digital programming guide information. There is a hack available on the internet to overcome these limitations but this requires extra steps and is certainly not supported by Microsoft.

Also if you previously used Movie Maker be aware that under Windows 7, the Movie Maker that is part of the Live package is a completely new program that has fewer features. Contrary to the expected norm that each new version of a program has a progression of new features, Live Movie Maker has LESS features. In particular, the time line has been dropped.

I sure hope Windows 7 proves to be more stable and secure than Vista because so far, see-thru window frames hardly make the investment worth the trouble.
on October 28, 2009
I admit Windows 7 performs faster than Vista as a whole. However, it just took absolutely ages to switch to 7; mainly the upgrade didn't work smoothly, which really got on my nerves. So I had no choice but to do a clean installing. It definitely meant I had to reinstall and restore all of my files and software! No wonder it took too much time. Especially, I went berserk when the Outlook crashed! Then I phoned the Microsoft Support Center for hours and hours and it was really tiring! They suggested I insert the CD-ROM of 7 after booting my computer, which didn't appear in the instruction manual. Why didn't Microsoft let me know that important information first!? After all, my computer works well almost as usual although some of the existing software aren't compatible with Windows 7. However, I must say I'm disappointed at the fact that Microsoft failed to show us the specific and vital ways to install Windows 7.

After all, I gave this only 2 stars because I was upset that the instruction manual lacks specifics. Since I already changed Vista into 7, I'm neither going to demand a refund nor send it back. The thing is I'm not mad at Windows 7 itself, I'm mad at the defective instruction manual!
on June 28, 2009
If you read any PCworld mag you can read how to easily tweak Vista to run better and have the benefits of Windows 7 without upgrading. I used the Windows 7 RC release and saw nothing moving enough for me to upgrade, besides I run windows via boot camp becasue OSx is better anyhow so I don't really care....I may upgrade my boot camp windows installation sometime to Windows 7, im going to let the bumps be worked out first. Snow Leopard was an upgrade in every aspect and was very well priced, Windows 7 is just another overpriced repackage of Vista.
on October 24, 2009
I am running Windows7 RC1 32 & 64-bit versions with no problem so far. BUT, when I installed the 64-bit full version, I bought from Amazon, on a new drive, the product key (with the package) is INVALID. I am so disappointed.