Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on April 26, 2012
Very fast, better than Vista by far. If your machine will run this it's worth upgrading. Search is really useful in this system. Do realise that there is effectively no full-sized DOS window available once you have left XP behind.
on November 24, 2009
I have used Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit for personal use and business and find its many features to be exceptional and easy to use. I did an upgrade install and much to my surprise it went without a glitch.
I have been a Windows user however for 30+ years and was somewhat disappointed in Vista but find this Windows much improved. I am still having some difficulties with Windows 7 and previously installed software where Windows will freeze but I am patiently trying to find out what software and/or drivers are causing the problem and update them.
All in all I love Windows 7, it is well layed out and organized, pretty to view and its many features make my work both easier and fun to do.

Errol Ferguson
on November 18, 2009
The Windows 7 Ultimate works excellent. I had before Vista and it was a pain. Now I am enjoying working. The laptop starts quick and the battery works almost 2 times longer. even if I backedd uo all data, I didn't have any data loss or problems when doing the upgrade. if you are upgrading, think that you will need some time, as the installation takes 3-4 hours.
on September 3, 2009
I am currently using Ultimate as my main operating system. One cool feature, not available in Professional or Home Premium, is the ability to boot from Virtual Hard Disks (VHD). You might want to double check if your CPU and motherboard support hardware virtualization, as that might be required too (Google that!).

What this means in real life, is that unlike using Windows 7 Virtual PC or XP Mode, where you cannot take advantage of your computer's hardware ( say the video card drivers or the sound card, as you have to use the built-in virtual ones ), booting directly from the VHD allows you to do that. This way, my "main system" is a usual-install, while I have a virtual system to play around with software that I do not want to install on my main OS. The VHD is just a one-big-file, so I can backup the "pristine copy" on an external drive, and restore it quite quickly as required. For most people, this might not matter too much, but for folks who like to tinker with their computers... !!!!