countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on January 6, 2010
When he returns from the Crusades, Robin is framed for a murder and made an outlaw. With unmatchable horsemanship, swordsmanship, but most of all superb archery this outlaw and his band defended his people from the evil tyrants that wished to exploit them. Black and white, but well restored with good sound. Wonderful show. Why don't they make shows like this nowadays? Recommended.
on May 10, 2011
Hey, it's not a cliche if a journalist states it.

This is one of the best movie purchases I have made.

These actors knew how to make many episodes per season and the writing even (pleasantly) surprises me.

The writing is clever and would surpass much of the shows of today. So what if you have CG graphics, colour and buxom brainless beauties but good writing will always win!

To me for a series, it introduced the first pretty intelligent woman (the first maid Marian) which back then changed my perspective of women.

Funny, the replacement seemed less intelligent and more enamoured with Robin which to me was cliche.

I used to watch this in the '60s and enjoyed it immensely which I still do today.

BEST BUY ever.
on August 9, 2011
The last time I saw that series on TV, I was a little girl (it was a brand new series back then). Of course, it is a big deal for me to own the entire series. I had forgotten how different it is. It's not a "Hollywood show off". You have the feeling you really are looking at the "middle ages". I was not disappointed. It is lots of fun to watch.
I was surprised to find how good the sound is. And AMAZON was at its usual standard: just great.
on December 2, 2012
i did not grow up in the 50s but i do like the old adventure shows, the plots are quite good and i likes that they started the show from when robin came back from the crusades and showed how he left his home to live in the woods. i would highly recomend it. the buccanners and adventures of sir lancelot are also excellent
on July 31, 2015
This is one of the most incredible series that I have watched. The acting is absolutely superb. I watched this series as a child in the 80s (yes, many years after it was first broadcast!) and I wondered whether I would still relate to it. After watching a number of episodes, the answer is a resounding YES.
on August 11, 2014
Série de mon enfance . Histoire classique de Robin-des-bois .
on September 2, 2014
One of the greatest box sets that I have bought
on May 27, 2015
Excellent movies. They are as I remembered them from my youth. If you like older black & white. You will enjoy this great Robin Hood series.
on April 22, 2013
This series was really enjoyable. It was so perfectly done in its day, the actors, the atmosphere. Makes me truly nostalgic for good tv.
on October 22, 2015
An excellent version of the Robin Hood saga, well captured in this box set of all the TV episodes. Highly recommended.