5.0 out of 5 stars A good chuckle!, Dec 30 2013
This review is from: I Love You Man (DVD)
Great movie if you want to have a good chuckle :)
Bought it for my Husband as a stocking stuffer and he thought it was great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, March 8 2013
This review is from: I LOVE YOU MAN (DVD)
Cute, sweet and funny movie for RUSH fans and others.
A little girly but still can be watch as a couple for a good laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo funny!, Aug. 20 2009
D. Landry (Ottawa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I LOVE YOU MAN (DVD)
Frankly, I never thought I would rate a comedy this high because I'm more an action or drama movie watcher, but this one was so entertaining! Paul Rudd is just perfect for this role and as a matter of fact, the whole cast is really good, the script is excellent and it was so nice to finally see a good comedy for once! It's funny, romantic and so refreshing due to it's originality. Good chemistry between Paul Rudd and Jason Segel. They couldn't have picked a better duo! Of course Rashida Jones was so loveable as the bride to be.

Probably not suited for the whole family (meaning the young ones) due to certain verbal contents, but totally enjoyable to watch amongst friends. If you like comedy, don't miss this one! I loved the movie from beginning to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This DVD, Aug. 12 2009
LeBrain - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I LOVE YOU MAN (DVD)
This movie struck home for me a bit as I really indentified with the Peter character a lot. I hadn't seen my best friend in a few years, and we hooked up again just before my own wedding where he stood with me as best man. Our adventures were a lot like Peter and Sydney's in this film, except for the bit about Lou Ferigno. We never got in a fight with Lou Ferigno, ever.

It's not an Apatow film, but it has the Apatow factory's usual suspects: Paul Rudd and Jason Segel (who seems more and more talented every time I see him) along with guys like Joe LoTruglio. JK Simmons is "the dad" and Jane Curtin is "the mom", both of whom are hilarious but tragically underused here. Anybody who saw Simmons as "the dad" in Juno knows he can do a heck of a lot more.

Peter needs a best man for his upcoming wedding, and none of the guys he casually knows through work or other venues fit the bill. They're all either annoying, hot tempered, or are hot for hhim sexually(!). Enter Sydney, your typical "cool" guy who doesn't seem to have any flaws except maybe not picking up after his dog (which he justifies as returning nitrogen and potassium to the earth). Best of all, Sydney has his chill zone with Rush tapestries and enough instruments for a full band. Sydney re-ignites Peter's love for Rush which culminates in an appearance by Geddy, Alex and Neil.

Things get rocky (as they always do in these movies, whether it be heterosexual romance or "bromance" between two best buds) but even a sleeper hold from Lou Ferigno didn't slow the movie down. Aside from some pretty bad language and sexual situations, this is a really sweet movie with a very apt title.

Paul Rudd has mastered the art of the awkward yet still cool guy, and Jason Segel is so laid back you just want to be him. Truly these are two of the funniest guys around today and I think we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg. The 30-something crowd will love all the references to shows and music that we grew up with, and the young kids might just discover the music of the "holy trinity" -- Rush.

I don't know if girls will like this movie, but guys sure will. Check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where is the love between men?, Jan. 5 2011
Tommy Skylar (The Great White North) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I Love You Man (DVD)
I Love You Man covers an interesting territory: men-men friendship. Sure there are a few movies that have done this before this one but I don't think they do it quite as well as ILYM does. The movie is a little formulaic but the two main actors, Paul Rudd and Jason Segel's performances make the movie what it is, an entertaining movie on what could be called "bromance". The movie did fairly well at the box office when it was released in 2009, but I don't think it gets the acclaim it deserves.

Peter Klaven is a real estate agent who just proposed to his wife Zoey. Peter is charming and the couple loves each other but the problem is Peter never had much male friends and can't seem to find a best man for his upcoming wedding. Peter's brother and mother try to find him a guy friend with no success. Klaven eventually meets Sidney Fife, an investor, at one of his open houses and the two quickly become very good friends. Zoey is not too thrilled with Sydney and Peter decides that maybe his relationship with Sydney should be put on hold for a while. It' not a complicated movie and towards the end it gets a little predictable but I Love You Man is a highly enjoyable movie that just about everyone can enjoy. It paints a good portrait of the relationship between men in general, I must say.

This is Paul Rudd at his acting best and most honest; I can't really see anyone but Rudd playing the charming Peter Klaven. Jason Segel for his part delivers a great performance as Sidney Fife a well intentioned and free spirited friend of Peter's. What's great is that they're so different from one another; Peter is a more sensitive guy while Sydney is more of a guy's guy. Rashida Jones was great as Zoey, Peter's wife and the chemistry between the two worked well to a certain degree. The supporting cast only adds more to the movie, the actors were very good. I only have good things to say about I Love You Man, its great comedy that is well worth watching. To me this was one of the highlights of 2009 in terms of movies, an excellent comedy that's funny, touching and filled with emotional appeal that I still enjoy and watch every now and then. 5 stars for this one!

I Love You Man