4.0 out of 5 stars Are you out of your Vulcan mind?
As entertainment this reimagining of Star Trek delivers great action, and great surprises. It's quite exciting to see the familiar characters being reintroduced and played by new actors.

One hopes that Abrams who brought us Lost and Alias, and wrote space epic Armageddon would take the treasure that is Star trek, and boldly go where no one has gone before. By...
Published on April 9 2012 by L. Power

1.0 out of 5 stars Overdose of Stupidity
Published 22 months ago by Reid Tucker

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality DVD and a well-written story!, Oct. 4 2011
Byrna - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Star Trek (Bilingual) (DVD)
This movie is a gem, especially for those of us who watched the original Star Trek series when we were children. The casting is truly right on, especially for McCoy, Scottie, Chekhov and Spock. Kirk, Uhura and Sulu are also true to their roles though I sometimes felt Kirk was a bit too caulky, even for Kirk, but still, all the characters were portrayed in ways which made sense and endeared the audience to their personalites.

It is a must see for Star Trek lovers because it puts a lot of things in perspective for the audience by showing how our original heroes became the way they were in the original series. There are a few odd twists to the plot that does not fit history but it does not distract too much from the epic that is Star Trek.

5.0 out of 5 stars No H.D master Audio That's Bad.But Very Good Movie.., June 22 2013
I was excited and waiting for this Blu-Ray of Star-Trek to arrive,but man was i
disappointed about the sound quality,let me state nothing wrong with movie at all,
i also have the DVD and that's a way better sound,i can't believe they would be so
dumb to do this to such a great movie,it's not even in H.D Master Audio just 5.1 true H.D.
i've never seen Captain Kirk got the heck kicked out of him so much,i hope he kick
some butt in,Star Trek Into darkness,Chris Pine is so good but i have to say,Zachary Quinto
of Heroes,steal the show for me..and i heard Benedict Cumberbatch is a very good villain,
so it should make for a good, [into darkness]..

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek movie delivers great alternate time line, Nov. 28 2012
This review is from: Star Trek (Bilingual) (DVD)
While I could wish for more captured from William Shatner's Captain Kirk portrayal in the current one, finding the jump to the new portrayal hard to make; I watch this film for the great storyline, superb acting and lovely visuals. It's a refreshing breath of fresh air and frankly Zachary Quinto as Spock carries the film. The whole cast really does an excellent job. Other favorites would be Karl Urban as Bones and Zoe Saldana as Uhura. There's much to enjoy in multiple watchings of this film. To me Kirk's portrayal is the weak link in an otherwise tightly knit, exciting film but hey, it's not my interpretation is it? Well worth buying as I will watch it many times.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overdose of Stupidity, Oct. 3 2013
Reid Tucker (Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Trek (Bilingual) (DVD)
Warning: This movie should be restricted to persons 18 years of age or YOUNGER. This movie is an insult to the Star Trek legacy. An overdose of bizarre technology right from the start, a strange plot and stranger actors. I was tempted to trash it after the first 5 minutes, but let it continue hoping for some improvement or clarity. But I finally clicked it off when the young Kirk ran into a snow cave while being chased by a huge weird creature and was saved by a torch wielding elder Spock. Another crash course in brain surgery from Hollywood. And people wonder why I haven't set foot in a movie theatre in over 20 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic movie, Dec 9 2013
Although I feel some parts of the movie were a little f'ed IMO, mostly when it came to young Spock's personality, plus how everyone just let Spock beat on Kirk (mirroring todays society lol) and then everyone being fine with Kirk being captain all over again and completely switching battle plans, young vulcans who have not gone through puberty yet have been trained to control emotions already YET insult each other ridiculously..., having a complete cadet crew on a flagship vessel, etc etc etc...
The movie was still super badass, I've watched it 3 times and i would still watch it again =D

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't need to be a fan to understand and like it, Dec 3 2010
I watched in the cinema and since then I've wanted to buy the Blu-ray. I really liked the way the characters are portraited in the movie because it reminds me of the original characters of the series and I also think that the choice of actors was very good. A lot of my friends didn't want to watch it because they were afraid that they would not understand the story, but this movie can be seen as an action movie, so even if the person doesn't know very much about the original series, it will love this movie. I really like it and I can watch it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek fan or not, you will enjoy this movie!, Jan. 6 2011
Stefanie Beaudin "hitokiri_ookima" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Star Trek (Bilingual) (DVD)
I am by far, not much of a fan of the Star Trek things. Sure I enjoyed the Borgs in Star Trek Voyager and The Next Generation, but that about sums it up for me.

I went to see this movie, knowing very little about the original Star Trek characters. I knew of the name Kirk, McCoy and Spock, that's about it. So I found this movie very intriguing, no boring moments what so ever. When the movie ended, I was almost disappointed that it came to an end! I wanted to watch more and more.

This movie, made me want to watch the Star Trek series :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek - what a great movie, March 27 2010
M John (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Star Trek (Bilingual) (DVD)
Star Trek - what a great movie. I am no trecky nor sci-fi fan, but this movie was really good. I watched the original Star Trek as a kid and thought that this prequel movie hit all the right marks and shows Captain J T Kirks relationship with Spock and how it all came about. Seeing the original Spock was also an added bonus and his wonderful point-um-up ears!

Good effects on the movie, great storyline and many good similarities between the orginal 70s-80s cast and the modern ones for the movie. Enjoyable and worth the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars love Strar Trek, May 25 2013
Catherine E. Dalgarno - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
think the reboot is awesome. The new actors are super at portraying the old actors. The story line is good. Nice to see some of the back ground of Kirk and Spock that wasn't in any of the other movies or series. Went to see the new movie last night. I thought the first was better anyway not everyone will agree. There are no extras with this disc. I bought this version because of the price and I never look at the special features anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'll take it..., April 14 2013
This review is from: Star Trek (Bilingual) (DVD)
As a third generation Trekkie...I will take whatever they can come up with to keep the vision alive! Movie or TV franchise.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

Star Trek (Two-Disc Special Edition) (2009)
CDN$ 42.99 CDN$ 26.77