countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Tools & Hardware|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 12, 2014
Unfortunately these are only available in a three-pack as I only really needed one, but they've all come in useful since arriving. Initially bought to place one under the bedroom dresser as our bed has a protruding ledge that both my girlfriend and I have kicked at some point or another resulting it banged and bloody shins. Being under the dresser means it doesn't "see" us when moving around in the night, but if we put feet on the floor to stand up, it comes on immediately. No more banged shins. Hooray! The light is hooded meaning it will only shine down/out, and not upward. The sensor itself though is mounted above that so will pick up movement in any forward direction. Perfect if mounting on stairs or the like however if somewhere like the bedroom to ensure safe-passage to the bathroom (as ours), then mounting it beneath another piece of furniture, or perhaps hooding the sensor yourself, works great.
on July 27, 2016
Does exactly as it says, lights up only when its dark out and detects motion. Its great for bathrooms where a nightlight doesn't work. Deducted one star only because its a bit bigger than what I expected.
on February 15, 2015
Bought this before Xmas to take up to the cottage. Discovered the missing battery contacts when I opened the box 2 months later. Too late to return it and not worth the hassle anyway. Mea culpa for not thoroughly examining it sooner, but it was DOA and worth exactly one star.
review image
on February 8, 2013
We were looking for a product that would provide effective safety lighting for our 13 year old dog who insists, despite aging eyesight and leg muscle strength, on going up and down the main stairwell during the nighttime hours. This 3-pack does the job admirably and, in addition, has been turned into a multiple use product. We opted not to attach the units to a wall surface and, instead, have left them free-standing and readily mobile. Individually, they have also served as nightlights for guests, temporary closet lighting and indoor tent lights when the grandkids have sleepovers.
on June 15, 2016
Great - works as expected.

Battery life is about a month (I think) we don't change them very often. Great light and motion sensors - perfect for those night-time potty runs. Also doubles as a flashlight in pinch.
on July 21, 2016
These were great! I bought them quite a while ago now and they light up my stairs at night in the house and in the hallway and front door area without having to turn on the lights or find the light switch. I have yet to replace the batteries and don't suspect I will for quite a while as they turn off shortly after I've passed by them, but give me time to climb a flight of stairs and get to my bedroom. Couldn't be happier about a product.
on February 17, 2013
This product is good for its intended use (closet, hallway etc.). As the light is not so bright outdoor applications are not recommended. Double stick adhesive strips are worthless. After 8 hours on the wall one of the lights fell off. Remember to add the cost of buying 12 batteries for 3 lights. Motion sensor and day light sensor are working well.
on May 2, 2012
I bought these lights after reading some of the reviews. I was expecting some problems, but was pleasently surprised. They are great, give off just the right amount of light, and sense movement about 7 to 10 feet away. Perfect for stairways and dark halls, and so convienient. I bought six and all work properly.
on October 31, 2012
These are great lights for dark corners in stairwells and closets. But of the 3 that came in the package, only 2 are still working after 3 1/2 months of operation.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 20, 2012
This is a useful product for areas which do not have a power source. Plus, it does not switch on during daylight. However, Amazon.ca sells this item for $22.99. Look for the other listing in Tools and Building Supplies - http://www.amazon.ca/Mr-Beams-723-Battery-Powered-Motion-Sensing/dp/B002FCGI8Y/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_text_b