march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Tools & Hardware|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 12, 2014
Unfortunately these are only available in a three-pack as I only really needed one, but they've all come in useful since arriving. Initially bought to place one under the bedroom dresser as our bed has a protruding ledge that both my girlfriend and I have kicked at some point or another resulting it banged and bloody shins. Being under the dresser means it doesn't "see" us when moving around in the night, but if we put feet on the floor to stand up, it comes on immediately. No more banged shins. Hooray! The light is hooded meaning it will only shine down/out, and not upward. The sensor itself though is mounted above that so will pick up movement in any forward direction. Perfect if mounting on stairs or the like however if somewhere like the bedroom to ensure safe-passage to the bathroom (as ours), then mounting it beneath another piece of furniture, or perhaps hooding the sensor yourself, works great.
on February 15, 2015
Bought this before Xmas to take up to the cottage. Discovered the missing battery contacts when I opened the box 2 months later. Too late to return it and not worth the hassle anyway. Mea culpa for not thoroughly examining it sooner, but it was DOA and worth exactly one star.
review image
on February 17, 2013
This product is good for its intended use (closet, hallway etc.). As the light is not so bright outdoor applications are not recommended. Double stick adhesive strips are worthless. After 8 hours on the wall one of the lights fell off. Remember to add the cost of buying 12 batteries for 3 lights. Motion sensor and day light sensor are working well.
on May 2, 2012
I bought these lights after reading some of the reviews. I was expecting some problems, but was pleasently surprised. They are great, give off just the right amount of light, and sense movement about 7 to 10 feet away. Perfect for stairways and dark halls, and so convienient. I bought six and all work properly.
on October 31, 2012
These are great lights for dark corners in stairwells and closets. But of the 3 that came in the package, only 2 are still working after 3 1/2 months of operation.
on February 8, 2013
We were looking for a product that would provide effective safety lighting for our 13 year old dog who insists, despite aging eyesight and leg muscle strength, on going up and down the main stairwell during the nighttime hours. This 3-pack does the job admirably and, in addition, has been turned into a multiple use product. We opted not to attach the units to a wall surface and, instead, have left them free-standing and readily mobile. Individually, they have also served as nightlights for guests, temporary closet lighting and indoor tent lights when the grandkids have sleepovers.
on January 26, 2015
Love them! These work exactly as advertised. I don't know how long the batteries will last so can't comment on that yet, but we have these at the top of each flight of stairs and they work perfectly at night, brightly lighting up the stairs for the late night jaunts downstairs. Next time they are on sale, I am buying more, for sure! I also have some of the outdoor ones (for the deck and a couple of them with spikes for the front path) and they work perfectly as well, including during frigid temperature, through the rain and the snow. Well done, Mr. Beams!
on January 30, 2015
These work as advertised. Takes a lot of batteries and I'm currently waiting to see how long my first set of alkalines last. They have a fairly wide activation range of about 10 feet, which is just right for a hallway or stairwell. The lights stay on for about 10 seconds before switching off automatically. The brightness level seems about right. Bright enough to illuminate a pathway without being too bright to overwhelm eyes at night. A good product that provides a lot of convenience when power outlets are not available. A good choice especially for seniors.
on November 14, 2015
THESE are amazing! I use them as night lights. I have one under a dresser beside my bed, one under the counter in the kitchen and one in my bathroom. If I need to use the bathroom, I hop out of bed and the sensor turns the light on...then off I go with the lights turning on as I make my way. They turn back off in 30 seconds. I am renting, so I don't have them screwed in, just sitting on the floor.

This is definitely one of the better most useful products I have come across!

I am getting some more Mr Beams for outdoors!
on August 23, 2012
I was looking for a low light for the hallway and my cat's litterbox (she has vision problems) and this is exactly what I needed. They are supposed to be a nightlight, so they aren't too bright, but are just bright enough to light your way down a hallway as in the picture. I installed using 3M Command strips (picture hanging style) to not mark the walls.
No complaints at all.