boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage biss vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Tools & HardwareChange

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 12, 2014
Unfortunately these are only available in a three-pack as I only really needed one, but they've all come in useful since arriving. Initially bought to place one under the bedroom dresser as our bed has a protruding ledge that both my girlfriend and I have kicked at some point or another resulting it banged and bloody shins. Being under the dresser means it doesn't "see" us when moving around in the night, but if we put feet on the floor to stand up, it comes on immediately. No more banged shins. Hooray! The light is hooded meaning it will only shine down/out, and not upward. The sensor itself though is mounted above that so will pick up movement in any forward direction. Perfect if mounting on stairs or the like however if somewhere like the bedroom to ensure safe-passage to the bathroom (as ours), then mounting it beneath another piece of furniture, or perhaps hooding the sensor yourself, works great.
on February 17, 2013
This product is good for its intended use (closet, hallway etc.). As the light is not so bright outdoor applications are not recommended. Double stick adhesive strips are worthless. After 8 hours on the wall one of the lights fell off. Remember to add the cost of buying 12 batteries for 3 lights. Motion sensor and day light sensor are working well.
on May 2, 2012
I bought these lights after reading some of the reviews. I was expecting some problems, but was pleasently surprised. They are great, give off just the right amount of light, and sense movement about 7 to 10 feet away. Perfect for stairways and dark halls, and so convienient. I bought six and all work properly.
on October 31, 2012
These are great lights for dark corners in stairwells and closets. But of the 3 that came in the package, only 2 are still working after 3 1/2 months of operation.
on April 13, 2015
Bought these back in December and promptly installed one in my entryway and positioned it so it would come on only if someone specifically went into the entry way and not when they were just walking by it. Five months of high usage later, the batteries are just now starting to show signs of dying out (hint: use high quality batteries).
I also currently have one on the floor of my bathroom, resting against the wall, again positioned so it's only activated when someone stumbles in half-asleep at 3 AM and doesn't turn on the main lights because they don't want to go blind. Turning the main lights on will actually prevent these from activating , which is wonderful. I highly recommend.
on February 15, 2015
Bought this before Xmas to take up to the cottage. Discovered the missing battery contacts when I opened the box 2 months later. Too late to return it and not worth the hassle anyway. Mea culpa for not thoroughly examining it sooner, but it was DOA and worth exactly one star.
review image
on September 15, 2015
We put this over the toilet so you don't need to turn the lights on at night to go to the bathroom/get a drink.
It's bright enough to see what you need to see, but not so bright that it hurts your eyes in the otherwise pitch black. The battery has lasted a year so far, and the motion sensor works out to 8-10 feet.
It comes with an adhesive mount that you hook it into, so no outlet needed.
The led is mounted under the little round circle and reflects off the white square (if you look at the picture) it is not a light behind a lens as I had expected, but it does the job
A very handy product!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 25, 2015
Bought these for the foyer entrance which is always dark even during the day and the light switch is a ways away. I installed them using 3M Command adhesive tape instead of using the screws and anchors. They give off just enough light so that I don't trip on shoes or things left between the front door and the light switch. In fact I have them going up the stairs and I really don't have to turn on the lights which is convenient. The motion detection area is pretty wide, I am guessing about 120 degrees or so. I mounted them close to the floor but I can see people mounting them on the wall higher up to light up a larger area. They do not light up as bright or as large as an area as shown in the pictures, but enough light for most people until you get to your real lights. It would be nice if you could adjust the length of time they stay on, but what they do is stay on as long as there is motion, so you could used these as emergency lights as will in a pinch, they come off the mounting plate.
on February 8, 2013
We were looking for a product that would provide effective safety lighting for our 13 year old dog who insists, despite aging eyesight and leg muscle strength, on going up and down the main stairwell during the nighttime hours. This 3-pack does the job admirably and, in addition, has been turned into a multiple use product. We opted not to attach the units to a wall surface and, instead, have left them free-standing and readily mobile. Individually, they have also served as nightlights for guests, temporary closet lighting and indoor tent lights when the grandkids have sleepovers.
on January 26, 2015
Love them! These work exactly as advertised. I don't know how long the batteries will last so can't comment on that yet, but we have these at the top of each flight of stairs and they work perfectly at night, brightly lighting up the stairs for the late night jaunts downstairs. Next time they are on sale, I am buying more, for sure! I also have some of the outdoor ones (for the deck and a couple of them with spikes for the front path) and they work perfectly as well, including during frigid temperature, through the rain and the snow. Well done, Mr. Beams!