5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome keyboard combo
Published on Nov. 9 2010 by David Myburgh

2.0 out of 5 stars had high hopes for this as it was recommended by a friend
had high hopes for this as it was recommended by a friend. I have tried many wireless keyboard and mouse combinations and this one started off well but a few major issues emerged:
Published 2 months ago by zipdata

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome keyboard combo, Nov. 9 2010
This review is from: IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black) (Personal Computers)
I bought this for my HTPC after being too annoyed with the remote that came with it. When I opened the box and took a brief look at the flyer that comes with it, it said Windows & Mac compatible, while I have Ubuntu 10.10. That gave me a slight pause, but I plugged in the USB receiver, pushed the sync buttons, and everything worked perfectly. The extra multimedia keys don't work (yet?), but that's not a big deal at all. At least now I can type my password on a real keyboard, instead or moving the remote control's mouse around an onscreen one.

I have not experienced any interference with my wifi, and movies stream just fine with the keyboard on. Two thumbs up from me. And the price cannot be beat either. This is the cheapest you will find it anywhere in Canada.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mac mini home media centre owner loves this keyboard, Sept. 7 2011
Owned this for 1 month. Product arrived promptly and was fully operational minutes later. Using this on a mac mini driving a 42" 1080p plasma and it works perfectly for surfing the net and writing emails - wouldn't be much good for gaming on. Adequately sized keys to type on, lightweight and comfortable to use, and trackball and buttons perfectly placed. No issues with this being a Windoze keyboard as the windows key works as the mac command key. Using this from 15' range - no dropped keys when typing, instant 'on' to wake up mac. What else could you ask for (other than a sleek brushed aluminum and white finish...)?

5.0 out of 5 stars why did i wait so long?, July 14 2013
my setup is i use my computer from my sofa and my monitor is my 55" tv. this has meant that for the last year or so, i have used a large oem keyboard and a mouse plugged into a usb hub plugged into an extension plugged into my computer. this was a real nuisance and i was constantly tripping over the cords.
finally i decided to go wireless and discovered these keyboard/mouse all-in-ones. i ordered this model from another large retailer and waited for 5 weeks and it did not show up. finally i had to call them, they were nasty and i cancelled the order. i then decided to look at my options. i researched so many keyboard/mouse combos, my head was spinning as to which one to buy. i wanted one with good range, good battery life, good precision, good looking and compact but not tiny.
i went back to my original choice of this model and bought it from amazon. in only 4 days it was delivered to my door. as a long time amazon customer i should have just ordered it from here in the first place.
when i got it home, all i did was plug in the dongle and instant connection. it's been smooth sailing ever since. this is a piece of kit that no one should do without. i was abit worried how the trackball and buttons would work but i needn't have. it is so intuitive to hold the 16 x 36 cm keyboard in your hands and control the mouse functions with your thumbs, you will be so surprised that you have even more control than you did with a mouse. it is really an amazing well-designed piece of equipment. i can't talk about battery life yet as i've only had it for a few weeks but as it has an automatic sleep function, i don't anticipate any concerns there either. if you are surfing the net from your couch, this is the one for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great useful keyboard, Sept. 11 2013
Using this keyboard has been a real pleasure. All the mouse functions without having to take your hands off the keyboard. I've used this keyboard for about 2 years and have had no problem with it. Being wireless is awesome. You can move around with the keyboard and it's great when you hook your computer to HDMI on your TV. A good purchase for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent keyboard, July 12 2011
I have tried many of these keyboards and this is one of the best, and certainly the best for the price. The trackball works well and the mouse buttons are in a nice place. I highly recommend it. I use it with a Mac Mini but have also used it with an HTPC
Windows 7 system. I personally prefer trackballs than the tiny trackpads found on many of these types of keyboards.

Here are a few improvements I would like to see:

- backlit keys
- Bluetooth version, possibly with the option of controlling more than one device as ioGear's new BT keyboard does ( it has a trackpad and iis bigger).
- slightly better trackball. Mine works great but it does seem loose.

In any case there is very little not to like with this keyboard and much to like.

Philip

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, although the signal strength could be a bit stronger, July 25 2011
I have been using this keyboard+mouse combo for over 6 months now on our main home theater PC (HTPC) system in the living room. This is a very convenient way to control your home entertainment PC. The product works great, except the range could be a bit better. Sometimes I loose signal when the distance is longer than 3 meters, and in particular if there is also any obstacles (like an arm rest, or one's own knees) between the keyboard and the USB receiver (that is hooked up to the USB port on the PC).

In summary, a great product that our family happily uses on a daily basis.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great. Easy Install. Good size. Trackball works well., Sept. 4 2011
The keyboard is full size without being bulky. It worked immediately after putting in the usb receiver. The trackball is smooth. I've had a couple of times where the ball gets "off" but will correct itself quickly. Not a consistent problem. My only complaint is the placement of the on/off switch and reset button. They are on the back and the on/off switch should be on the front in my opinion. I use it a lot to save battery. It didn't come with a manual for programming the hot keys, etc. but that wasn't a big concern for me. Enjoy it. Recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars had high hopes for this as it was recommended by a friend, May 9 2015
1. the tracker stopped working smoothly 2. the batteries go down quicker than keyboards which go into sleep mode (this one does not) 3. the tracker and the click buttons are on opposite sides of the keyboard making one handed operation of even the mouse impossible (believe me this is important when viewing web pages and media on your tv)

5.0 out of 5 stars best for the buck, March 29 2011
I have had this keyboard for two months now and for the buck it can't be beat. Keys have good feel and the trackball works better than what the reviews said. I was leary at first from some of the reviews I read here. The trackball takes a minute to get used too and that's it. Pros - cheap price, excellent range 30 feet, good size not too big or too small, worked on Win 7 64 as soon as USB plugged in without having to load any other software or drivers. Cons - Not Free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but..., March 1 2012
This is a very good keyboard but it has 2 things that can be enhanced:

1- Its range is not powerful enough. I only use it 3 meters away from the base. The base is placed in a room with a door closed to 90%. I'm sitting just outside the room and sometimes the keyboard misses some keystrokes

2- Its integrated mouse ball doesn't work well if the keyboard is too much tilted (like if you place it upright), it becomes stuck a little bit in that position.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›