Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: DVDChange
Price:$20.94+ $3.49 shipping

on January 9, 2010
I am a 50-something mom who was trying to expose my teenage girls to some thoughtful drama. I knew my girls would be suspect and possibly not watch 'Being Erica' if I bought it for them for Christmas, so I bought it for myself! During the Christmas break my 16 year picked it up one afternoon as she was 'bored' and proceeded to watch the whole season in one sit! American dramas are
full of stereotypes, fantasy, unrealistic lifestyles, over-the-top drama and mostly unattainable perfect lives. BEING ERICA is thoughtful, well written TV that helps you reflect on your
own life. Full of wonderful quotes by a wide variety of people, Erica's mentor guides her through the challenges and obstacles of a normal life with compassion and the quest to learn through
life's pitfalls and joys. The lead character is a fabulous role model and the moments back in time sometimes poignant, sometimes hilarious. I am now lending the series out to all my friends.
Hope my girls lend it out to their friends!
on April 2, 2010
The DVD of BEING ERICA's first season is definitely worth buying for anyone who loves the show. For U.S. viewers, you get to see the uncensored Canadian version of episodes, not the censored Soapnet version. There are some enjoyable "extras," including interviews with cast members and commentaries on two important episodes. But the bottom line is that you get (on three discs) the 13 fascinating episodes of BEING ERICA Season One.
on November 9, 2009
This is my favorite show on TV right now. I wish more people would give this show a chance, and Im sure everyone will get hooked as I did. The show is in its second season, so its not too late to catch up.

The premise is not time travelling, although its part of the plot, its really about life--the ups and downs and how we deal with them. Its not preachy on how to live life as there are no easy answers. Each eposide deals with regrets/key moments that Erica would like to relive and do over. Its a great coming of age drama/comedy that I think everyone can relate to one way or another.

This is a refreshing new show and I must admit, I always watch American TV shows and this is my first Canadian TV show that I follow. It's filmed in Toronto and it makes me want to visit the center of the Universe :) The cast is terrific, everyone on the show does a great job, especially the lead character--Erica. The music is top notch, a lot of songs from the 90s which work quite well with all the episodes. Please do yourself a favour and support this wonderful show!
on March 8, 2012
This show is just excellent. I became hooked after seeing it on Netflix and purchased seasons 1-3 just to show my support for the show! It's a great drama that really forces you to look at past regrets in a totally different light. And the sense of mystery behind how Erica travels to the past and why she was chosen for this particular gift add to the overall story quite nicely. An excellent show that i highly recommend to anyone looking for a series to become attached to.
on July 18, 2011
I do not really remember how I came upon `Being Erica'; probably it had something to do with my obsession with `Lost'. I think someone talked me about the time travel in `Being Erica' because I am a fan of the use of that tool in stories (thus the `Lost' addiction). Well, it really does not matter how I found out about `Being Erica', just the fact that I did find it and fell in love with it. I have watched and loved all sorts of TV shows, and of course, the title of "best TV show" changes from time to time, but there is something about `Being Erica' that is unexplainable. Maybe because I was in a period of my life when I was not satisfied with the choices I had made, I had an instant identification with the show. The premise is very simple and I believe everyone who watches will relate. Do you ever feel you made bad choices in your life? Did you ever want to turn back time and fix those mistakes? These questions are essentially the premise of the show.

Erica Strange is a thirty-something woman who has made all sorts of bad choices and because of it she feels trapped in a life that she never intended to lead. Sounds a little too dramatic, doesn't it? But the show, even though is a drama series, tackles the subject very lightly. You will eventually cry, but just because you have seen something you can totally relate. In some moments you will even laugh and smile because, as I said, `Being Erica' is not a heavy show at all.

So, Erica, in the midst of this disappointment with her life (she is unemployed, has no boyfriend...) meets Dr. Tom, a different kind of therapist. Dr. Tom can transport her back in time to `fix' her mistakes. But there's the catch, she does not actually changes her past, but instead, learns from her mistakes and uses this new experience in her present life. This is one of the reasons I love `Being Erica', because no one can actually travel in time, but we all have regrets and by watching the lessons Erica learns, we definitely grow as a person.

The fact that the show is set up in Canada is not a negative aspect, as the lessons taught are truly universal. In fact, I think it gives a certain mystique to the show. I have recommended `Being Erica' to all my friends and those who watched feel in love.

If you can watch one episode and if you like it (which I am positively sure you will), buy this DVD set. It will be an amazing experience. You won't regret it.
on September 11, 2013
I just finished the last episode of the series tonight and I am very sad it's no longer on. I could relate to every episode and they all left me thinking outside the box. Every episode in the series made me look at my life on a deeper level and helped me to let go of a few aspects I was holding on to tight to. The cast all had wonderful chemistry. Most of the actors/actresses were so incredible. I especially loved the actress who played Erica. She was so diverse in playing her role. I still can't get over how amazing this show is...BRAVO!
on March 23, 2015
I really love this show, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. The basic premise is a thirty-something woman who has had various hardships through her life goes into therapy. After she agrees to undergo treatment with Dr Tom, he pops up every time she has troubles in life, she'll open a door and suddenly find herself in his office. This is no ordinary therapy though, this is time travel therapy. At the beginning she writes out a list of her regrets, and then she gets to revisit them one by one, travelling back in time to just before the regret happened. She then gets to see if doing something differently will change the outcome, sometimes it gets better and sometimes it just makes things worse. Whatever the outcome, it's a fascinating study of life and relationships. Dr Tom isn't perfect either, turns out he has problems of his own.

The series took forever to appear on TV here in New Zealand, and currently we're only about halfway through season 3. It is buried on a free-to-air TV channel that hardly anyone watches. I stumbled across it quite by accident, and I'm so glad I did. My life would not have been the same if I'd missed it. I've just bought the entire four series on this website, prices are much better than, better to buy from the country it originated from.

I'm looking forward to revisiting the series as soon as it arrives. I think it's a series you could watch over and over again, picking up different things each time, and enjoying it more with each watch. I don't think I'll ever get sick of Being Erica. The writers are super-talented, and it's one of my favourite TV shows of all time.

Buy it, you won't regret it.
on March 8, 2011
Erica is a thirtysomething modern woman that is unlucky in love and finding a career in life and she has alot of regrets about the decisions that she has made. Until, she meets Dr.Tom, who seems like just a normal therapist at first. She shows up for her first session. After they talk for a few minutes, he asks her to make a list of her regrets, he then picks one of them and asks her the question, she answers and then a whirlwind effect consues, she ends up back in time before the regret happened. This show is considered a soap opera, but it's so much more than that. It's sort of like Quantum Leap but instead of changing the lifes other people for the better, Erica changes... and it also has a It's A Wonderful Life element to it. The best way I can explain it is like indirect/reverse psychology. This show should really be called "BE(COM)ING ERICA". To some it might seem meaningless to watch, but it's interesting to see how Erica and the people in her life interact with each other in the past and then in the present. Another way this show is like Quantum Leap, like Al, Dr. Tom shows up in the past while Erica is trying to make things better. Watching this show might help some people resolve their own regrets, or at least, come to terms with them. I love this show, I'm definitely going to buy the rest of the seasons when they are released on DVD. My only problem with this show are the short seasons, not enough of a great thing. I highly recommend this show to anyone that might feel like they would want to go back and change something in their life. Dr. Tom's card reads "THE ONLY THERAPY YOU WILL EVER NEED"~"RESULTS GUARANTEED".
on November 29, 2012
A relaxing series to watch and contemplate choices made in life. Very reasonable price for this set.
"Therapist" Dr. Tom - who is constantly spouting famous and not so famous historical quotes - is Erica Strange's savior and worst enemy. Erica, a young adult woman, is having a bad life because of the bad decisions she's made. Erica provides Dr. Tom with a long list of those pivotal moments in her life that she feels have led to the bad state she is in today. Erica is initially unaware of what Dr. Tom is intending on doing with this list. What he does do is transport her back in time to each of those moments so that she, with all the knowledge of her present day life, can make better decisions to fix her life. Regardless of these new decisions, Dr. Tom hopes that Erica will come to the realization that although the opinions of others about her life do matter, it's what she thinks of her decisions and her life that are more important.
on April 19, 2015
What a brilliant idea for a TV series! I loved every minute of season one. Erin Karpluk was the perfect choice for Erica. She was had an ethereal beauty and charm, but came across as a real person with real problems. I fell for her instantly and enjoyed watching her face up to her past as well as face up to her present.
I guess the program struck a chord with me because, like Erica, I would love to go back and try to right the wrongs of my life. Just like Erica, I could learn that are mistakes contribute a lot to who we are. Every week, I rooted for her and I was never disappointed.\
The show was unique without being quirky, magical without being a complete fantasy, and certainly managed to make time travel seem so possible.
I collected all of them and watched them many times over.