5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great show!
Published on March 8 2012 by Maticus

1.0 out of 5 stars EOne Strikes
This is not a review of Being Erica. I like the show very much. This is rather a review of the product put out by EOne.

Published 21 months ago by Ronald G. Helfrich Jnr

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great show!, March 8 2012
This review is from: Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set (DVD)
This show is just excellent. I became hooked after seeing it on Netflix and purchased seasons 1-3 just to show my support for the show! It's a great drama that really forces you to look at past regrets in a totally different light. And the sense of mystery behind how Erica travels to the past and why she was chosen for this particular gift add to the overall story quite nicely. An excellent show that i highly recommend to anyone looking for a series to become attached to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series I have ever watched!, Sept. 11 2013
S. Rudnisky - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set (DVD)
I just finished the last episode of the series tonight and I am very sad it's no longer on. I could relate to every episode and they all left me thinking outside the box. Every episode in the series made me look at my life on a deeper level and helped me to let go of a few aspects I was holding on to tight to. The cast all had wonderful chemistry. Most of the actors/actresses were so incredible. I especially loved the actress who played Erica. She was so diverse in playing her role. I still can't get over how amazing this show is...BRAVO!

5.0 out of 5 stars Profound, moving, insightful...PERFECT!, July 18 2011
This review is from: Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set (DVD)
I do not really remember how I came upon `Being Erica'; probably it had something to do with my obsession with `Lost'. I think someone talked me about the time travel in `Being Erica' because I am a fan of the use of that tool in stories (thus the `Lost' addiction). Well, it really does not matter how I found out about `Being Erica', just the fact that I did find it and fell in love with it. I have watched and loved all sorts of TV shows, and of course, the title of "best TV show" changes from time to time, but there is something about `Being Erica' that is unexplainable. Maybe because I was in a period of my life when I was not satisfied with the choices I had made, I had an instant identification with the show. The premise is very simple and I believe everyone who watches will relate. Do you ever feel you made bad choices in your life? Did you ever want to turn back time and fix those mistakes? These questions are essentially the premise of the show.

Erica Strange is a thirty-something woman who has made all sorts of bad choices and because of it she feels trapped in a life that she never intended to lead. Sounds a little too dramatic, doesn't it? But the show, even though is a drama series, tackles the subject very lightly. You will eventually cry, but just because you have seen something you can totally relate. In some moments you will even laugh and smile because, as I said, `Being Erica' is not a heavy show at all.

So, Erica, in the midst of this disappointment with her life (she is unemployed, has no boyfriend...) meets Dr. Tom, a different kind of therapist. Dr. Tom can transport her back in time to `fix' her mistakes. But there's the catch, she does not actually changes her past, but instead, learns from her mistakes and uses this new experience in her present life. This is one of the reasons I love `Being Erica', because no one can actually travel in time, but we all have regrets and by watching the lessons Erica learns, we definitely grow as a person.

The fact that the show is set up in Canada is not a negative aspect, as the lessons taught are truly universal. In fact, I think it gives a certain mystique to the show. I have recommended `Being Erica' to all my friends and those who watched feel in love.

If you can watch one episode and if you like it (which I am positively sure you will), buy this DVD set. It will be an amazing experience. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will it become available on Bluray!!!!, June 26 2013
This review is from: Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set (DVD)
Really love the show right from the begining,I want to purchase this so bad but I actually want to get it on Bluray if it ever or not becomes available to Bluray (Please someone).

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show!, Dec 23 2012
This review is from: Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set (DVD)
This is a really good show. The cast is awesome. My fave episode is "All She Ever Wanted" with the amazingly talented Anna Silk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting Series, Nov. 29 2012
This review is from: Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set (DVD)
A relaxing series to watch and contemplate choices made in life. Very reasonable price for this set.
"Therapist" Dr. Tom - who is constantly spouting famous and not so famous historical quotes - is Erica Strange's savior and worst enemy. Erica, a young adult woman, is having a bad life because of the bad decisions she's made. Erica provides Dr. Tom with a long list of those pivotal moments in her life that she feels have led to the bad state she is in today. Erica is initially unaware of what Dr. Tom is intending on doing with this list. What he does do is transport her back in time to each of those moments so that she, with all the knowledge of her present day life, can make better decisions to fix her life. Regardless of these new decisions, Dr. Tom hopes that Erica will come to the realization that although the opinions of others about her life do matter, it's what she thinks of her decisions and her life that are more important.

1.0 out of 5 stars EOne Strikes, Nov. 28 2012
This review is from: Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set (DVD)

I am rapidly becoming convinced that EOne may be even worse than Universal whose TV product is as bad as it gets. Why? Because halfway through the series one set the aspect ratio suddenly and miraculously changes from 1:33:1 to what looks like !:78:1. The UK DVD has all the episodes in widescreen so I am going to assume/presume that that ration is correct. So the question must be asked, why did EOne not transfer all the episodes in the correct aspect ratio. My answer? A combination of incompetence and who caresness.

And why did Amazon.ca not inform us, its customers, of the curious affair of the incorrect aspect ratio in the night? No doubt the same reasons.

Bah humbug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tv show, May 31 2012
This review is from: Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set (DVD)
I had no idea what this show was about, until I was browsing the channels, and I came across a scene with Erica and Kai, when he was singing his song, "Alien" in the coffee shop. When she started to talk to him and he didnt know who she was, I was so confused, from there I ordered the series, and I have to say I enjoyed it. Just waiting for season 4 to come out. Also I am a huge time travel fan. Well, of the idea that is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch this show!, Jan. 9 2010
Oh Canada! (Vancouver B.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set (DVD)
I am a 50-something mom who was trying to expose my teenage girls to some thoughtful drama. I knew my girls would be suspect and possibly not watch 'Being Erica' if I bought it for them for Christmas, so I bought it for myself! During the Christmas break my 16 year picked it up one afternoon as she was 'bored' and proceeded to watch the whole season in one sit! American dramas are
full of stereotypes, fantasy, unrealistic lifestyles, over-the-top drama and mostly unattainable perfect lives. BEING ERICA is thoughtful, well written TV that helps you reflect on your
own life. Full of wonderful quotes by a wide variety of people, Erica's mentor guides her through the challenges and obstacles of a normal life with compassion and the quest to learn through
life's pitfalls and joys. The lead character is a fabulous role model and the moments back in time sometimes poignant, sometimes hilarious. I am now lending the series out to all my friends.
Hope my girls lend it out to their friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best show on TV and its Canadian!, Nov. 9 2009
J. Kha - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set (DVD)
This is my favorite show on TV right now. I wish more people would give this show a chance, and Im sure everyone will get hooked as I did. The show is in its second season, so its not too late to catch up.

The premise is not time travelling, although its part of the plot, its really about life--the ups and downs and how we deal with them. Its not preachy on how to live life as there are no easy answers. Each eposide deals with regrets/key moments that Erica would like to relive and do over. Its a great coming of age drama/comedy that I think everyone can relate to one way or another.

This is a refreshing new show and I must admit, I always watch American TV shows and this is my first Canadian TV show that I follow. It's filmed in Toronto and it makes me want to visit the center of the Universe :) The cast is terrific, everyone on the show does a great job, especially the lead character--Erica. The music is top notch, a lot of songs from the 90s which work quite well with all the episodes. Please do yourself a favour and support this wonderful show!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set
Being Erica: Season One Complete DVD Set by Ron Murphy (DVD - 2009)
CDN$ 22.99 CDN$ 16.98