summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

I make Youtube videos and needed a decent lavalier to use with my smartphone, I would really give this a 3.5 if I could.
NOTE: When I purchased this it was only 35$ the seller has since increased the price

PROS

1) About 18-20 feet of cord is provided so if you need to be further from the camera this may work for you.

2) Comes with everything needed to plug and play on your smartphone.

3) BLOCKS BACKGROUND NOISE! Reasonable sound quality that blocks out background noise, but you need to speak with a good volume, if you're speaking to low it may sound a little muffled. If you are in a small room with no background noise my smartphones built in microphone actually works better than this, but when theres background noise this is great.

CONS

1) They only give you one fuzzy muffler for the microphone that I lost after the first day because it doesn't stay on! These are only worth .0001 cents at best so at least throw in 10 or so geez!

2) Sound quality is far from professional grade but will work to omit background noise...

3) No case provided.
on February 13, 2015
I received this product yesterday. I first snapped the microphone into the holder on the clip tie: the holder broke.

Then, I plugged it to my recorder: no signal at the output of the mic.

I even bought a new LR44 battery to replace the one that was shipped with the Lav : nothing.

So I read many review on the website of Amazon and http://www.audio-technica.com/, and I found that similar problem like this has happened already. In a December 2, 2014 response to a disappointed customer Audio-Technica suggested on its website to contact their support team in Canada to get help with the issues.

"For consumer audio products contact:
Erikson Consumer
Head Office
21000 Transcanada
Baie D’Urfé, Québec
Tel: 514-457-2555 Toll Free: 800-567-3275
Fax: 514-457-0055 Toll Free: 866-450-5507
E-mail: info@eriksonconsumer.com
Web site: www.eriksonconsumer.com "

I just called them, and was very disappointed. They recognized that the holder is "fragile". I was expecting that they could replace it with a better one, but they just told me to return it to Amazon.

Conclusion:
Even though I received a brand new mic that cannot function, This Lavalier microphone is mechanically weak.

I really needed this device for an important press conference. without it I failed recording proper quality sound... I'm really disappointed.
on September 7, 2014
Great inexpensive micophone for voice recordings. Better than using the one on your laptop but not as good as a studio mike. I use it to make instructional videos for a small number of people.
on August 28, 2013
Just as advertised as far as performance. Note that their is no light to indicate power on. You must remember to turn off the switch!!!
on November 4, 2013
Good little mic It works well But its not a Pro mic. Best Microphone For the cash.
Pros Works Well
Cons
The cord its Very long and may get in your way.
on September 6, 2015
J'ai reçu le micro rapidement, et il fonctionne très bien comme prévu.
Je connaissais déjà ce modèle, d'un collègue qui utilise le même.
Attention: la petite mousse est difficile à poser sur le micro et le morceau de plastique qui tient le micro sur la pincette est fragile.

L'emballage était un peu abîmé à la réception, mais c'est probablement dans le transport.
on March 22, 2012
I'm quite happy with the clarity and ease of use this microphone has on my Vado video camera. It certainly gives my videos perfect audio quality.
on October 9, 2013
It's a rather good ratio quality/price. But do not expect tremendous performances.
Sound still got some noise, wire is very long, cap over the mic is falling all the time. But it does the job. So if you're looking for a functional cheap mic, there you have it.
on July 24, 2013
I found that this mic doesn't produce enough sound when used with a wireless lav system. I needed to pump up the audio levels post-production, which was kind of annoying because it also meant needed to edit out the background noise which was also elevated.
on February 9, 2015
Fabulous mic, I've used it on a regular basis since I received it in August, 2014. No problems with the audio quality so far.

The only flaw I can see is the lack of power indicator light. It's easy to forget that the mic is off or on while recording, which runs down the batteries. However, replacement batteries are quite inexpensive, and the original lasted 6 months so it's not a really big deal.

The cord is quite long, but that works out well for distant shots. I'd rather have too much cord than not enough.