Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

In And Out Of Control
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$23.04+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 7, 2009
I wouldn't say there are any killer singles a la "Love In A Trashcan" or even standout tunes like "Dead Sound" or "Hallucinations" off the last album but I like the direction the band is taking. They still have that solid fuzzy guitar sound with the pounding drums but there are more nuanced (if that's the right word) songs here.

Then again someone is angry as there are also songs called "Boys Who Rape (Should All Be Destroyed)," "Suicide" and "D.R.U.G.S." on this. In fact "Boys" message is presented in a pop ballad so it has far more impact than some grungy angry post-feminist rant. But I do worry about the lyrics as I sure hope Sharin did not have to draw from experience to come up with this.

The download version has an extra track ("Echoes") as well as a 16-min. video of their Chelsea sessions. Plus the thing is less than half the retail price and you still get the digital download of the booklet and cover artwork.

Also, having just seen them live two nights ago the band are still on form live. They've even added a wicked Jesus & Mary Chain-like light show where the lights strobe out on some songs at the audience
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on January 30, 2010
I was browsing throug a music store & this CD was playing during my purchase... I bought it on the spot. A mix of grunge/zen/underground band. I really enjoy it. Nice new discovery!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again