4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly entertaining
Published on Nov. 25 2009 by izikavazo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the series...
Thanks again for the great price and service, guys. Everything was on time and in perfect order. Everything was first class!
It lacked the spirit and vision of the series, though. Didn't really bring nothing new to the tapestry, I'm sorry to report. But still, it's a must-have for all the fans of the series - which I am -.
Published 16 months ago by Luc Durocher

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly entertaining, Nov. 25 2009
This review is from: Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (DVD)
I was thrilled when the Battlestar guys announced they were releasing another movie. You can never have too much BSG. But I wasn't expecting it to be too good. I was never a Cavil fan, and I doubted that the Cylons even had a plan for most of the show. But I found that I really, really enjoyed this movie. Cavil was at times hilarious, but always sinister. And "the plan" was surprisingly interesting. I really enjoyed the revelations about how they manipulated Boomer and that the story behind the Six that came and disproved the reliability of Baltar's Cylon detector.
I kinda missed Lucy Lawless, but they made up for it by giving Simon a real story.
All in all I was surprised at how much info we were given, and how much I didn't know. Dean Stockwell did an amazing job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gr8 pic to view after seeing whole series, June 9 2014
This review is from: Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (DVD)
Only Flaw I see right off the bat is that this a spoiler for series. So buy series first then this one. Also recommend Blood and Chrome, Caprica, Caprica 1.0, Caprica 1.5, Battlestar
Gallactica Original Series, and Battllestar Gallactica 1980 Series. The Plan may seem to around allot but if you have seen 2003 Gallactica series you'll understand. I enjoyed this movie and all the other titles I mentioned so these are must buys every one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Dec 28 2013
This is a great movie if you like the battlestar series. I'm a big fan and was happy to add this to my collection!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, so any extension is most welcomed, Sept. 22 2013
A must have for Battlestar Galactica fans, also a nice story and plot. If you are like me, hope that someday the series will be revived somehow, well the is the first step.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed.., Aug. 23 2013
This review is from: Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (DVD)
The idea was great, but there was too much repetition and not enough new material. Still wonderful to see the old gang and makes me hunger for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique series, May 17 2013
This review is from: Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (DVD)
What a fantastic price for one of the best social scifi series out there. I was able to enjoy the whole thing at my leisure.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the series..., April 20 2013
Luc Durocher (Québec) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars what a awesome show., Jan. 21 2013
Marie Price (Guelph, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (DVD)
this show was one of my very favorite, wish they made another movie. the actors are awesome. a must for sci-fi collectors

5.0 out of 5 stars BSG The Plan, March 6 2012
This review is from: Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (DVD)
Battlestar Galactica The Plan was a very good movie. Loved the series. I was pleased to receive it in time to give it as a gift to my boyfriend for Valentine's Day. Amazon is a great place to shop! Love them!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor...yep., Oct. 28 2009
Rodrigo Beilfuss (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (DVD)
Again, reflecting many people's posts here, I am a big BSG fan too.

Was I dying to see The Plan? You betcha.

Was I happy with the thing? Frak no.

The whole thing can be reduced to one single word really: useless. Utterly, completely, amazingly useless.

It is pretty much a collection of flashbacks tied together. Especially the first hour. And unlike everything else in the series, it actually is very, very boring. Not only because we know what happens, but simply because of the way it is edited. Its pace is horrible, and so unlike any other episode of the show. It really is very Un-BSG.

It does present more of the Cylon perspective about the whole deal, but that does not make it any deeper....it just shows you that.

Sad. I'd say "stay away", but I know you won't, because if you are a BSG fan, you will make yourself watch this. And you will suffer.
But hey, I know, we're only human! ;)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan
Battlestar Galactica: The Plan by Edward James Olmos (DVD - 2009)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 10.75