Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Health and BeautyChange

on January 13, 2014
This is my first oral B electric toothbrush. I have used the cheque cresh brushes for years now but find I keep having to replace them after about a year. I decided to go with this after a friend purchased one and was amazed at the qualtiy difference. First you will notice its a solid build.

The brush moves significantly faster than the ones I have used before and I find that in the few days I have been using it, my gums are a little sore on one side. I assume this will pass as I adjust. I really like the deep clean option, which is what I used daily. I find I spend more than the 3 min allotted so I am trying to adjust to keeping the same amount of time on each quadrant. Its a bit of a game which means brushing my teeth is someone of a fun exercise. I know that won't last but it's a good toothbrush.

The only negative is that its quite costly and does not come with any replacement heads. The one sold in the US has 3 replacement heads including the whitening, deep clean and sensitive mode.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon August 25, 2012
I have the Oral B "3000" and to be quite honest with you, I wasn't impressed. And, for the price of $90 (in 2010) it wasn't much better than the $12 Oral B "Cross Action" that I bought at Target.

The main difference, beside $75, was that the bristle rotation was strong and a warning beep would let you know when you've been brushing in an area too long. I'm not convinced it was worth the price difference.

The 5000 is a horse-of-a-different-color.

First, the motor (rpm) is significantly stronger than the 3000 and makes the Cross Action looks like a child's toy. It's a handsome silver grey with a white border.

It's features:

5-speed, very strong motor
Has a nice weight to it.
Wireless receiver*
Newly designed, multi-crossed bristled head
About the same price as the "4000"

The "5000" is more than just a electric/battery combo. Aside from the brush needing 15 hours to fully charge, it has a standby of several days.

It has a mini-computer called "The Smart Guide" which is device that receives a signal from the toothbrush and display battery strength and installation. The device is about the size of a man's wallet. It works to tell you what you need to know about the brush's status. If your brush is within the vicinity, it would display at of 5 different readouts. (But, if your brush is not within 3 feet, there wouldn't be a readout.)

And, like the 3000 (and, the 4000) the 5000 beeps when you're brushing too long in a certain spot, it'll also stall, which is a bit more safer.

The real test for is the strength of the motor. The 5000 is really, really powerful. This is a HUGE improvement over the 3000 and your teeth really feels clean afterwards.

With EVERY toothbrush, electric or manual, you should still:
* Buy dental floss and a tongue scrapper (to ensure that you have the tools necessary for good oral hygiene.)
* Buy an extra inexpensive battery/ electric toothbrush for everyday use. (Target sells the Cross Action for $12, some are a lot less)
* After rinsing bristle, lay the toothbrush down flat with the head over the sink. (Having it to drain down the barrel WILL rust out the internal parts.)

But, for the money this toothbrush and computer accessory is a great system to have.
on December 31, 2014
This is an amazing product. I never gave much attention to oral hygiene and as a result, i developed a lot of plaque. Now, for a person like me who has used manual toothbrush all his life, switching to a electronic one was a dubious decision. But thanks to and its reviewers, i was able to zero-in on this awesome tooth brush. I have used it 3-4 times as i write this review, and i can say with utter honesty that i haven't felt so orally healthy before. Kudos to this brush. I am pleasantly surprised at how efficiently this cleans the teeth and that too in such less time.
Will recommend this to everyone. Oral hygiene is of utmost importance and it will not hurt much if you invest considerably in it.
Also, for those who are going to try electronic brushing for the first time, buy this one. You'll be amazed!
on May 9, 2014
After I started using this electric toothbrush, my dentist noticed a marked improvement in my teeth and gums. My teeth were cleaner and whiter, with virtually no plaque built up. She also noticed an improvement in my gums. I like the fact that you can reach to clean around the back molars. This is a great product.
on July 5, 2015
Product arrived in perfext condition and in a timely manner.
This is my first electric toothbrush but i can say thst Im very satisfied with it. I feel it cleans my teeth better than I could with a regular toothbrush, specially in areas that ar harder to reach (and where theres not too much space to do a brushing movement). The flossing function works fairly well (though there are still some areas where you should still floss). And I like the display that comes with it. Nice case too!
Only downside (nothing major) is how scared the manual made me of dropping it. The manual recommends you to throw it away if it falls from a certain height.
Also, even on sale the price is a little high, but i consider it an investment so I dont need to go to a dentist to get my teeth cleaned as often.
on November 3, 2015
I am so happy I got picked to test out the Oral-b Professional Care 5000 toothbrush from I absolutely LOVE this toothbrush. Every time I use it my teeth feel like I just got a cleaning at the dentist. I was totally sceptical about using a toothbrush with Bluetooth and an app, I didn't see the point, but it really makes it so much fun to brush your teeth!
There are all kinds of dental care programs you can select, or create your own. You can read the news on the app while you brush your teeth, and it times you while you brush your teeth. It reminds you to floss, mouth wash, brush your tongue. It warns you if you are brushing too hard.
There is a variety of different brush attachments you can buy for it, for different dental care needs.It really is great!
I'd give it a 5 out of 5, but find the price to be a bit too high.
on January 28, 2015
I'm a bit disappointed with this item. The idea is great and when it's working it's fine. It's help you to monitor your brushing.
In 12 years, I bought 3 different oral-b toothbrush. This one after 6 months started to have reliability issue.
The red diode of the pressure sensor which in the back is now always on. And I'm stuck on the Sensitive mode. The remote timing guide is still working. So not every is bad.
I will try to get a replacement.
on November 26, 2015
I was one of the lucky person chosen by Bzzagent to test and review Oral B Pro 5000 smart series with Bluetooth.
Oral B Pro 5000 smart series with Bluetooth is the first electric toothbrush with Bluetooth connectivity between smart phone and toothbrush.
I have been using manual tooth brush for years now and always wanted to replace it with electric but looking at the price always stepped back.
After using Oral B Pro 5000 smart series for the first time, I felt as if I came out from my dentist office, felt the same way how I fell when I do cleaning at dental. My teeth felt super clean, I am using this brush for almost 10 days morning/night and I am in love with it.
I also told my husband that I will buy brush head so that he can also start using the brush too
I have downloaded the oral b app on my android phone, my 6 year old boy get excited to see me brushing on my phone, The Bluetooth connection tell you the time I am brushing ,best part is that I can check weather and new when I am brushing so brushing teeth is no more a boring job.
Oral b pro 5000 SS Gentle polishing for whiter teeth in 2 weeks, it has a visible pressure censor, can see red light on toothbrush if more pressure is put while brushing, it say it makes gums healthier in 30 days.
Thank you Bzzagent for giving me opportunity to test this product.
on November 24, 2015
*I received the product for free from Oral-B to review*

If you are ready to totally change the way that you care for your teeth, then the Oral B Pro 5000 is for you. If you are a passive brusher, idly brushing your teeth with a manual toothbrush who is ready for a change, then the Oral B Pro 5000 should be your next toothbrush. If you need serious structure and reinforcement to follow a complete dental routine, then the Oral B Pro 5000 is what you have been waiting for. This is not just an electric toothbrush. The Oral B Pro 5000 will change the way you care for your teeth and mouth. It provides a complete process for to help you maintain your oral health. It is different in a number of ways: 1. It is connected â€" This means the toothbrush talks with your smart phone about how you are brushing your teeth. 2. Your get feedback â€" the system tracks how you are brushing and provides feedback on what to do to improve the cleaning 3. You use less toothpaste â€" The brush is so much smaller than a traditional toothbrush that there’s not much room for toothpaste. 4. It’s larger â€" Yes, the Oral B 5000 is larger than your dentist-supplied toothbrush. It makes brushing different as you get used to it 5. It has the correct form - Your dentist tells you to brush in small circles, this can be hard to do,but not with the Oral B 5000. It is designed to circulate giving you the right technique without any effort. For me it took a bit of time to get accustom to using this toothbrush because it was so different from a traditional brush. One thing is that it is much larger than a traditional toothbrush, so I had problems getting to the back teeth without having to open my mouth very wide. This would cause me to drool (sorry about the visual) that is not an experience I enjoy. I got to the point where I always had a washcloth in my left hand to wipe my mouth as a brushed. If you are a current electric toothbrush user you might like the convenience and encouragement that the Oral B 5000 app offers. Personally, I was over the app after about 4 days. It was not happy if I did not brush to match the schedule it laid out. I was scolded if I failed to use mouthwash. There is no mouthwash in my house; we don’t use it and that fact is causing the app to downgrade my oral hygiene routine. That is not what I want from a toothbrush. Bottom line, some people may like the Oral B 5000 with all of the cool things that it does, such as helping you use the right pressure when brushing; motivating you to brush, floss, use mouthwash and brush your tongue twice a day and timing your brushing so that you brush at least 2 minutes each time. My experience is that it complicated my tooth brushing routine rather than improved it. I’m ready to go back to my dentist provided toothbrush.
on November 23, 2015
I received the Orab-B pro 5000 smart series toothbrush from Oral B so that I could try it and give my opinion to others.

Up until now I’ve only ever used a manual toothbrush and didn’t know why anyone would want an electric one. The fact that this one came with an app not only peaked my curiousity but awoke my inner skeptic as well. Do we really need an app for our tooth brush?

The answer is YES! The Oral-B pro 5000 leaves your teeth so clean it actually gives you added confidence in your smile and the fact that your breath is clean and fresh.

In a time when we’re all too busy and cut corners everywhere, the Oral-B pro 5000 toohbrush and app is a perfect reminder that we need to slow down and take our oral hygiene seriously.

The app is a perfect companion and is almost like having your dental professional with you the whole time. It’s important to note however that the app only tracks one person’s progress.

The app contains a bunch of instructional videos which are straight forward and easy to watch. Once you’re ready, launch the app and commence the process.

The 1st part is the brushing. A timer comes on and you’ll see a 3D model of set of teeth appear on the screen. One section will be highlighted which is the section you should start with. Depending on the setting and length of time you’ve choose, the handle of the tooth brush will vibrate and flash at the proper intervals so that you know it’s time to move on to the next highlighted section. You keep going until all the brushing is done you’ll get a signal letting you know that you’ve completed the 1st step.

Step two is the tongue brushing and step 3 is flossing. You’ll also have a reminder to use a fluoride rinse. You can skip these steps if you want but the app will track how many times you complete or skip each step.

You can also keep track of your dental appointments, add your dentist info and get other tips and tricks.

The brush head itself is versatile and pulsates and rotates. You can just hold the brush against your teeth and gums and the work is done for you!
For me the bristles are too soft. I prefer a harder brush so I pressed hard when holding it against my gums causing the red light to flash and the app to tell me I was brushing too hard.

The size of the brush is small enough that I can easily manoeuvre it to hard to reach places but big enough that I feel it’s actually doing a good job.

It’s recommended to change the heads every 3-6months but it’s ok as replacement heads are readily available and not that expensive.

The brush itself comes with a price tag but it’s worth it once you realize that your mouth is much fresher and cleaner than it use to be and your dental appointments could end up being shorter and less expensive!

I would absolutely recommend the Oral B Pro 5000. It leaves teeth clean and fresh giving you one less things to worry about.

There should be an app for everything we do so we’re forced to really examine how we do things! It has forced me to slow down and really look at the way I brush my teeth which has resulted in better oral health for me.