I have the Oral B "3000" and to be quite honest with you, I wasn't impressed. And, for the price of $90 (in 2010) it wasn't much better than the $12 Oral B "Cross Action" that I bought at Target.

Published on Aug. 25 2012 by Andre Lawrence

I'm a bit disappointed with this item. The idea is great and when it's working it's fine. It's help you to monitor your brushing.
In 12 years, I bought 3 different oral-b toothbrush. This one after 6 months started to have reliability issue.
Published 2 months ago by JPR

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Investment That Will Save You in Dental Bills. Oral B: 5000: A Critical Review, Aug. 25 2012
Andre Lawrence (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Oral-B Professional Care Smart Series 5000 Rechargeable Power Toothbrush with Smart Guide (White) (Health and Beauty)

The main difference, beside $75, was that the bristle rotation was strong and a warning beep would let you know when you've been brushing in an area too long. I'm not convinced it was worth the price difference.

The 5000 is a horse-of-a-different-color.

First, the motor (rpm) is significantly stronger than the 3000 and makes the Cross Action looks like a child's toy. It's a handsome silver grey with a white border.

It's features:

5-speed, very strong motor
Has a nice weight to it.
Wireless receiver*
Newly designed, multi-crossed bristled head
About the same price as the "4000"

The "5000" is more than just a electric/battery combo. Aside from the brush needing 15 hours to fully charge, it has a standby of several days.

It has a mini-computer called "The Smart Guide" which is device that receives a signal from the toothbrush and display battery strength and installation. The device is about the size of a man's wallet. It works to tell you what you need to know about the brush's status. If your brush is within the vicinity, it would display at of 5 different readouts. (But, if your brush is not within 3 feet, there wouldn't be a readout.)

And, like the 3000 (and, the 4000) the 5000 beeps when you're brushing too long in a certain spot, it'll also stall, which is a bit more safer.

The real test for is the strength of the motor. The 5000 is really, really powerful. This is a HUGE improvement over the 3000 and your teeth really feels clean afterwards.

With EVERY toothbrush, electric or manual, you should still:
* Buy dental floss and a tongue scrapper (to ensure that you have the tools necessary for good oral hygiene.)
* Buy an extra inexpensive battery/ electric toothbrush for everyday use. (Target sells the Cross Action for $12, some are a lot less)
* After rinsing bristle, lay the toothbrush down flat with the head over the sink. (Having it to drain down the barrel WILL rust out the internal parts.)

But, for the money this toothbrush and computer accessory is a great system to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Jan. 13 2014
This is my first oral B electric toothbrush. I have used the cheque cresh brushes for years now but find I keep having to replace them after about a year. I decided to go with this after a friend purchased one and was amazed at the qualtiy difference. First you will notice its a solid build.

The brush moves significantly faster than the ones I have used before and I find that in the few days I have been using it, my gums are a little sore on one side. I assume this will pass as I adjust. I really like the deep clean option, which is what I used daily. I find I spend more than the 3 min allotted so I am trying to adjust to keeping the same amount of time on each quadrant. Its a bit of a game which means brushing my teeth is someone of a fun exercise. I know that won't last but it's a good toothbrush.

The only negative is that its quite costly and does not come with any replacement heads. The one sold in the US has 3 replacement heads including the whitening, deep clean and sensitive mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Toothbrush, Look No Further, Dec 31 2014
This is an amazing product. I never gave much attention to oral hygiene and as a result, i developed a lot of plaque. Now, for a person like me who has used manual toothbrush all his life, switching to a electronic one was a dubious decision. But thanks to Amazon.ca and its reviewers, i was able to zero-in on this awesome tooth brush. I have used it 3-4 times as i write this review, and i can say with utter honesty that i haven't felt so orally healthy before. Kudos to this brush. I am pleasantly surprised at how efficiently this cleans the teeth and that too in such less time.
Will recommend this to everyone. Oral hygiene is of utmost importance and it will not hurt much if you invest considerably in it.
Also, for those who are going to try electronic brushing for the first time, buy this one. You'll be amazed!

5.0 out of 5 stars this toothbrush makes brushing fun!, May 9 2014
After I started using this electric toothbrush, my dentist noticed a marked improvement in my teeth and gums. My teeth were cleaner and whiter, with virtually no plaque built up. She also noticed an improvement in my gums. I like the fact that you can reach to clean around the back molars. This is a great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., March 14 2013
Good performance. Nice looking. Good quality brush. Bugs: very unclear how to use a device on the wall. So it is not used. Also, battery doesn't last long and dies in the middle of the brushing without indicating the battery is low.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful action and sleek-looking., Dec 5 2014
mandy - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
It took a little while longer to get this delivered for some reason, but I got it in 10 days, so can't really complain. It takes 24hours to do the initial charge so I have only used it once.. My teeth felt extra clean afterwards. Seems very powerful but I am used to a manual brush. It comes with one standard brush head.Apparently the heads are good for 3 months use. I will have to order other types now, for flossing, whitening etc... There is a coupon in the box to help lower the cost of replacement heads which is nice. Assembles easily. Doesn't take up too much counter space, also option included to wall mount it if you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars DISPLAY ENCOURAGES BETTER DENTAL CARE, Jan. 10 2014
This product is made in Germany...The quality is superb and I have nothing but praise for it. I have an older model that still operates but the battery no longer holds its charge very well. I have used it for TEN years. Good stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toothbrush I have ever owned!, April 26 2015
A great toothbrush. Well worth the additional spend. My teeth feel 'dentist clean' after using this brush. I appreciate the timer feature which ensures that I brush for the full dentist recommended 2 mins. The pressure sensor also reminds me not to brush so hard that i can cause damage to my teeth and/or gums. Your gums may bleed for the first week or so (as mine did) but they have stopped bleeding and are now very healthy. My teeth even look much whiter, without using any special toothpaste, thanks to the deep cleaning mode! All around a great purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, Jan. 2 2015
I was definitely satisfied with the power of the motor and the nifty Smartguard features of the Oral-B Series 5000 electric toothbrush. The only drawbacks I find from this toothbrush is that my dentist warned me about the threat of gum erosion due to the strong motor and how dirty the charging station gets within a short time. I do not like that I have to clean my toothbrush thoroughly every day (taking out the brush component from the battery) to ensure that no mucus/residue hardens. Gross!

2.0 out of 5 stars It's doing the job when it last. there is some reliability issues., Jan. 28 2015
The red diode of the pressure sensor which in the back is now always on. And I'm stuck on the Sensitive mode. The remote timing guide is still working. So not every is bad.
I will try to get a replacement.