biss boutiques-francophones Learn more Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno vpcflyout

on January 13, 2014
This is my first oral B electric toothbrush. I have used the cheque cresh brushes for years now but find I keep having to replace them after about a year. I decided to go with this after a friend purchased one and was amazed at the qualtiy difference. First you will notice its a solid build.

The brush moves significantly faster than the ones I have used before and I find that in the few days I have been using it, my gums are a little sore on one side. I assume this will pass as I adjust. I really like the deep clean option, which is what I used daily. I find I spend more than the 3 min allotted so I am trying to adjust to keeping the same amount of time on each quadrant. Its a bit of a game which means brushing my teeth is someone of a fun exercise. I know that won't last but it's a good toothbrush.

The only negative is that its quite costly and does not come with any replacement heads. The one sold in the US has 3 replacement heads including the whitening, deep clean and sensitive mode.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon August 25, 2012
I have the Oral B "3000" and to be quite honest with you, I wasn't impressed. And, for the price of $90 (in 2010) it wasn't much better than the $12 Oral B "Cross Action" that I bought at Target.

The main difference, beside $75, was that the bristle rotation was strong and a warning beep would let you know when you've been brushing in an area too long. I'm not convinced it was worth the price difference.

The 5000 is a horse-of-a-different-color.

First, the motor (rpm) is significantly stronger than the 3000 and makes the Cross Action looks like a child's toy. It's a handsome silver grey with a white border.

It's features:

5-speed, very strong motor
Has a nice weight to it.
Wireless receiver*
Newly designed, multi-crossed bristled head
About the same price as the "4000"

The "5000" is more than just a electric/battery combo. Aside from the brush needing 15 hours to fully charge, it has a standby of several days.

It has a mini-computer called "The Smart Guide" which is device that receives a signal from the toothbrush and display battery strength and installation. The device is about the size of a man's wallet. It works to tell you what you need to know about the brush's status. If your brush is within the vicinity, it would display at of 5 different readouts. (But, if your brush is not within 3 feet, there wouldn't be a readout.)

And, like the 3000 (and, the 4000) the 5000 beeps when you're brushing too long in a certain spot, it'll also stall, which is a bit more safer.

The real test for is the strength of the motor. The 5000 is really, really powerful. This is a HUGE improvement over the 3000 and your teeth really feels clean afterwards.

With EVERY toothbrush, electric or manual, you should still:
* Buy dental floss and a tongue scrapper (to ensure that you have the tools necessary for good oral hygiene.)
* Buy an extra inexpensive battery/ electric toothbrush for everyday use. (Target sells the Cross Action for $12, some are a lot less)
* After rinsing bristle, lay the toothbrush down flat with the head over the sink. (Having it to drain down the barrel WILL rust out the internal parts.)

But, for the money this toothbrush and computer accessory is a great system to have.
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2014
This is an amazing product. I never gave much attention to oral hygiene and as a result, i developed a lot of plaque. Now, for a person like me who has used manual toothbrush all his life, switching to a electronic one was a dubious decision. But thanks to Amazon.ca and its reviewers, i was able to zero-in on this awesome tooth brush. I have used it 3-4 times as i write this review, and i can say with utter honesty that i haven't felt so orally healthy before. Kudos to this brush. I am pleasantly surprised at how efficiently this cleans the teeth and that too in such less time.
Will recommend this to everyone. Oral hygiene is of utmost importance and it will not hurt much if you invest considerably in it.
Also, for those who are going to try electronic brushing for the first time, buy this one. You'll be amazed!
on May 9, 2014
After I started using this electric toothbrush, my dentist noticed a marked improvement in my teeth and gums. My teeth were cleaner and whiter, with virtually no plaque built up. She also noticed an improvement in my gums. I like the fact that you can reach to clean around the back molars. This is a great product.
on January 5, 2016
I think I’m in the minority, but I really enjoy going to the dentist. There’s just something about that feeling of having your teeth professionally cleaned that you can’t match at home. I currently go twice a year, and I’d probably go more if my insurance covered it. For this reason, I thought it would be fun to review Oral-B’s Pro 5000 toothbrush when it became available.

The Pro 5000 is one of the toothbrushes in Oral-B’s smartseries line of toothbrushes. It’s an electric rechargable toothbrush with bluetooth powered by Braun. The bluetooth is used to connect wirelessly to the Oral-B app on your android/iOS device.

The Oral-B app tracks various statistics about your oral health. You can track how often you brush, floss, use mouthwash, etc. If you’re toothbrush is paired up with your device running the app, it will also show you how long a session you’ve been brushing your teeth for, and pop up a warning when you’re applying too much pressure with your toothbrush. If you’re like me, and don’t carry your phone every second of the day, don’t fret. Your toothbrush will track and store up to 20 sessions to synchronize later when you connect to the app. Although the app is neat, I didn’t use it much myself. I’m not personally interested in a lot of historical brushing data.

One of the nice things about this toothbrush is how well everything is sealed. The handle is waterproof and uses a wireless charging technology, so there’s no worry of dropping your toothbrush in the shower and shorting it out. The battery life is great too. The manual states up to 10 days of normal brushing on a full charge, and I can confirm at least 8 days myself. After that point, I would rather charge a bit early to be sure it’s not bone dry when I need it. The battery takes about a full day to charge up again.

There are several different modes available when brushing your teeth. When you turn on your toothbrush, it automatically starts up in the “Daily Clean” mode, but by pushing the mode button you can switch through the other modes (Deep Clean, Sensitive, Whitening, Massage, Tongue Cleaning). I generally stayed with Daily Clean as my teeth felt nice and clean afterwards, and some of the other modes suggest you use one of the Oral-B’s several other heads (not included).

There are also two different timers you can choose from. One is strictly a two minute timer, which will warn you with a stutter when you’ve brushed your teeth for a total of two minutes. The professional mode has a timer that goes off every 30 seconds (or 45 if using one of the other cleaning modes), and then a final long stutter once you’ve been brushing for two minutes. The idea is to get you used to spending 30 seconds on each quadrant of your mouth. I liked the professional myself, particularly when I was half asleep. It reminded me to give an equal amount of attention to all of my teeth.

Just to wrap things up, although the Pro 5000 isn’t quite up to the feel of a professional cleaning+scaling at the dentist, it definitely was an improvement over my regular old toothbrush. The convenience of having a long lasting rechargable battery is great, and since it’s sealed tight and uses wireless charging there’s no worry about having a charger sitting close to the sink. I think this will be a long term fixture in my washroom.

*Disclosure: I received a complimentary “Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth® Connectivity” toothbrush from BzzAgent in exchange for my review. All opinions are 100% my own.
review image
on July 5, 2015
Product arrived in perfext condition and in a timely manner.
This is my first electric toothbrush but i can say thst Im very satisfied with it. I feel it cleans my teeth better than I could with a regular toothbrush, specially in areas that ar harder to reach (and where theres not too much space to do a brushing movement). The flossing function works fairly well (though there are still some areas where you should still floss). And I like the display that comes with it. Nice case too!
Only downside (nothing major) is how scared the manual made me of dropping it. The manual recommends you to throw it away if it falls from a certain height.
Also, even on sale the price is a little high, but i consider it an investment so I dont need to go to a dentist to get my teeth cleaned as often.
on November 3, 2015
I am so happy I got picked to test out the Oral-b Professional Care 5000 toothbrush from BzzAgent.com. I absolutely LOVE this toothbrush. Every time I use it my teeth feel like I just got a cleaning at the dentist. I was totally sceptical about using a toothbrush with Bluetooth and an app, I didn't see the point, but it really makes it so much fun to brush your teeth!
There are all kinds of dental care programs you can select, or create your own. You can read the news on the app while you brush your teeth, and it times you while you brush your teeth. It reminds you to floss, mouth wash, brush your tongue. It warns you if you are brushing too hard.
There is a variety of different brush attachments you can buy for it, for different dental care needs.It really is great!
I'd give it a 5 out of 5, but find the price to be a bit too high.
review image
on January 28, 2015
I'm a bit disappointed with this item. The idea is great and when it's working it's fine. It's help you to monitor your brushing.
In 12 years, I bought 3 different oral-b toothbrush. This one after 6 months started to have reliability issue.
The red diode of the pressure sensor which in the back is now always on. And I'm stuck on the Sensitive mode. The remote timing guide is still working. So not every is bad.
I will try to get a replacement.
on January 5, 2016
I received this toothbrush at no cost from BzzAgent in exchange for writing a review.

I must confess, the idea of a Bluetooth-enabled toothbrush struck me as quite odd, but I've always wanted to try an electric toothbrush and free is a price I couldn't refuse!

On unboxing, I was a bit bummed to note that my unit did not include the Smart Guide. It just looked so cute in the pictures with that little smiley face! The box included the toothbrush, one cleaning head, the base and a travel case.

I charged it up, downloaded the app, and got to work.

Most importantly, the toothbrush works really well. I've never had such clean-feeling teeth outside of visiting the dentist. I was thrilled. Unfortunately for me, I have ridiculously super-sensitive teeth and the brush head included was a bit hard on my mouth. I definitely can't use it every day. I believe there is a brush head for sensitive teeth, but I haven't found any in my nearby stores. I will keep looking, though, since I would love to use this toothbrush more often.

As for the Bluetooth/app aspect of the thing....well, it is what it is. I feel I've always been pretty good at maintaining a certain level of oral hygiene. I don't really think I need an app to tell me that I'm brushing my teeth properly. I guess it might be good for kids or adults who really don't know how to brush properly to ensure they are brushing long enough, getting all their teeth and tracking flossing/rinsing, but I don't know many people who would want to spend $150 on a toothbrush for their kids. Another feature of the app I didn't use is the news feed. I don't tend to read while I'm brushing. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't like to spend every waking hour glued to my phone and it rarely, if ever, accompanies me to the bathroom. I used the app five times in the spirit of trying it out, but it really isn't for me.

The bottom line is that I love this toothbrush and I will continue to use it as soon as I find the right brush heads for me. I love the deep clean it provides, and the indication to move on to the next "quarter" of your mouth after 30 seconds is pretty neat. The red light indicating too much pressure is also helpful for me, since I tend to brush a little hard. The Bluetooth stuff, however, is just not for me. I don't need to be connected 24/7, and I don't need an app to applaud my morning ablutions.

In the future, I would definitely recommend Oral B electric toothbrushes for their function. This particular one is a bit pricey, but I assume that has to do with the Bluetooth gimmick. I would definitely shell out for one that doesn't connect to the internet!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2016
I was given this product by Oral B to try it for free. It is a good toothbrush that has many different settings. It is easy to use but it does require a smartphone or ipod to be able to determine which setting you are using. The toothbrush does not have any markings on it to let you know the setting. The app on my ipod takes this toothbrush to the next level. It gives you all the information you need. It has a count down timer when you are brushing and it shows you which one of the several brushing types you are using. It also has a record of the times that you brushed and gives you lots of information about your brushing habits. One of the best functions of the app is it alerts you if you are bushing too hard. The battery life lasts for over a week and it comes with a compact charger which includes slots to hold extra brush heads. The package also included a travel case.

The big negative to this toothbrush is that it is harsh on some of the brushing functions. It feels like it may rip your gums apart on the normal setting. I found that I needed to use the sensitive setting which worked well for me.

Overall I will continue to use this toothbrush and it will replace my manual toothbrush.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse