4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't hold a charge
Published on Jan. 8 2012 by Philip De Groot

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't hold a charge, Jan. 8 2012
Philip De Groot (Toronto) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oral-B Professional Care Smart Series 4000 Rechargeable Power Toothbrush (White) (Health and Beauty)
The toothbrush would not hold a charge. Oral-B is a Braun trade mark and Braun is owned by Proctor and Gamble. The Braun dealer I was sent to for service didn't know anything and berated me for buying this product from Amazon. This dealer told me I would have to send the toothbrush to Braun for testing which would take 6-8 weeks. I found another Braun dealer who had much greater insight but even after following his advice charging was still a problem. He also directed me to Braun's replacement parts web site which offered all the components in this package at a substantial discount to what most vendors were asking. The Amazon price was more representative of the real component prices while most brick and mortar vendors were charging a huge premium. Braun was of no help BUT AMAZON was great. I shipped it back to Amazon and got a full refund very quickly. Kudos to Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Jan. 2 2013
If you're debating between the different models I would suggest looking solely at the "Brush Movements" and pick the one with the highest pulsations/oscillations. The 4000 model has extra bells and whistles that I really don't even notice after having it for about a month. Yes the toothbrush has extra modes, but I don't use them. Example: The deep cleaning mode isn't really a mode, just a marketing gimmick. The timer beeps at 45 second intervals instead of 30 second intervals - nothing says you have to stop at 2 minutes if you want to brush longer. There's no reason to pay extra $$$ for features you will not use. The only reason I bought the 4000 over the 3000 is because it was on sale and was cheaper. If you're deciding between the 3000, 4000 and 5000 models I suggest you buy the cheapest one: you will get clean teeth from all three as they are all rated for the same "Brush Movements". The extra cost is just for useless features.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Close As You Can Get To A Dentist's Chair. Oral B 4000 Triumph: A Critical Review., July 1 2012
Andre Lawrence (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I've been using Oral B toothbrushes, manual and battery/electric almost exclusively for the past 15 years. And, I've seen the changes they've been making.

This one is a cut above their other top-of-the line models.

*** Unboxing ***

The kit comes with:

+ 9.5' battery/electric brush
+ Charging dock
+ A blue, translucent, plastic travel case
+ A extra headpiece case (empty, despite the picture advertising 2 extra heads)

*** Use ***
I have NOT thought that some of Oral B/ Braun's higher-end brushes were anywhere near the $100 price tag that they were asking for. The 3000 in particular was not significantly better than the $12 Oral B 'Cross Action' brush that I use every day.

The 4000 is a different case. It's definitely and significantly better than the 3000 and a whole lot better than the Cross Action I bought at Target.

The 4000 has a 4 power setting. The lowest setting or 'The feather' is, in my opinion, for small kids as the power feels as if the battery is running out of juice.

*** Care ***
The brush comes completely dead and it takes about 5 minutes after plugging it in before the charging unit starts to power on the brush. Afterwards, it's an 18-hour charge time to get the brush fully charged.

The Braun sits upright in it's docking station, but my suggestion is after use, let the brush sit flat with the head over the sink to drain. I own/use these brushes for years and NONE of them have ever proved to be waterproof. Every few months, you have to dismantle it and brush away the sediments that build up.

*** Concern ***
The kit has a picture of 2 extra brush heads, but that there are no extra brush heads included.

There's a warning light and beep that occurs when you're brushing in one spot too long. It would have been better to have the warning light on the opposite side'the exposed side. But, that's more aesthetic than anything else.

All in all, this is a great, professional toothbrush and one that along with a tongue-scraper and dental floss will save you hundreds over a dental visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15 2014
Parfait! Peu chere

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, June 13 2014
Replaced the old one by this one. Does has it says. 4000 series offers everything you need. I usually use only one cleaning mode. If you hesitate between by the 5000 and the 4000 series choose this one. The extras offered by the 5000 series are not worth it for the extra money you need to pay.

5.0 out of 5 stars great build quality, June 3 2014
i have used other tooth brush before that broke within 1 year of use, this however looks like its going to last forever

5.0 out of 5 stars I put my money where my mouth was!, April 29 2014
I bought this product at the recommendation of my dental hygienist. After researching options/ prices, etc, I found this toothbrush on Amazon at an incredible price. It arrived promptly and was entirely as described. Thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited Battery Life, March 5 2014
Overall this toothbrush works fine and I like the fact that it has a battery indicator, but the battery does not last as long as the manufacturer claims. I purchased this product because my former toothbrush (An Oral-B) no long held a charge and would just stop mid-brush, meaning only half my teeth would get cleaned before it died. It had no indicator. A terrific way to start one's day. At least with this toothbrush I can see when I need to charge it again but it's much more frequent than I had hoped or expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars A toothbrush after-all, Feb. 22 2014
How pleasant to buy something that just works.

The brush heads are easy to change and there a a number of choices to purchase in addition to the one that is included.

The charging system is sealed so there are no electrical contacts to corrode. The unit is easy to keep clean.

Battery life is very good and the resulting clean mouth feeling after brushing is, as others have said, just like it is leaving the dentist's office.

After almost two months of use I can't really think of a single improvement to suggest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Feb. 11 2014
This toothbrush is a vast improvement from my previous electric one (Poweraction from Oral B as well). It is fairly quiet and it feels good when holding it.

One thing I noticed: on the website it says to charge the toothbrush for 16hrs for first time. When the battery is fully charged, the light will turn off. Mine took 21 hrs to fully charge! So don't despair and be patient for the light to turn off.

The only thing that it is missing and I wish it had is a protective cap for the brush head. I know this product comes with a nice storage case where you can put all your brush heads. But that case takes space on my already tiny counter. I wish it has a nice cap that I can attach to the head so I don't have to take it off every day. You can definitely leave it open, but then hairspray and dirt will get all over it.... As this would have been a nice thing to have, I don't find it a dea braker. The brush itself is amazing and I love it. The fact that you can also mix and match different brush heads depending on your needs is great too (you will need to buy them separately).

Great product!