Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

on January 8, 2012
The toothbrush would not hold a charge. Oral-B is a Braun trade mark and Braun is owned by Proctor and Gamble. The Braun dealer I was sent to for service didn't know anything and berated me for buying this product from Amazon. This dealer told me I would have to send the toothbrush to Braun for testing which would take 6-8 weeks. I found another Braun dealer who had much greater insight but even after following his advice charging was still a problem. He also directed me to Braun's replacement parts web site which offered all the components in this package at a substantial discount to what most vendors were asking. The Amazon price was more representative of the real component prices while most brick and mortar vendors were charging a huge premium. Braun was of no help BUT AMAZON was great. I shipped it back to Amazon and got a full refund very quickly. Kudos to Amazon.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I've been using Oral B toothbrushes, manual and battery/electric almost exclusively for the past 15 years. And, I've seen the changes they've been making.

This one is a cut above their other top-of-the line models.

*** Unboxing ***

The kit comes with:

+ 9.5' battery/electric brush
+ Charging dock
+ A blue, translucent, plastic travel case
+ A extra headpiece case (empty, despite the picture advertising 2 extra heads)

*** Use ***
I have NOT thought that some of Oral B/ Braun's higher-end brushes were anywhere near the $100 price tag that they were asking for. The 3000 in particular was not significantly better than the $12 Oral B 'Cross Action' brush that I use every day.

The 4000 is a different case. It's definitely and significantly better than the 3000 and a whole lot better than the Cross Action I bought at Target.

The 4000 has a 4 power setting. The lowest setting or 'The feather' is, in my opinion, for small kids as the power feels as if the battery is running out of juice.

*** Care ***
The brush comes completely dead and it takes about 5 minutes after plugging it in before the charging unit starts to power on the brush. Afterwards, it's an 18-hour charge time to get the brush fully charged.

The Braun sits upright in it's docking station, but my suggestion is after use, let the brush sit flat with the head over the sink to drain. I own/use these brushes for years and NONE of them have ever proved to be waterproof. Every few months, you have to dismantle it and brush away the sediments that build up.

*** Concern ***
The kit has a picture of 2 extra brush heads, but that there are no extra brush heads included.

There's a warning light and beep that occurs when you're brushing in one spot too long. It would have been better to have the warning light on the opposite side'the exposed side. But, that's more aesthetic than anything else.

All in all, this is a great, professional toothbrush and one that along with a tongue-scraper and dental floss will save you hundreds over a dental visit.
on February 4, 2015
I researched a fair bit when buying my second Oral-B power toothbrush. I owned an old series for about 8 years, but the battery died, and it was clunky and not nearly as powerful as the new ones, so decided to upgrade. There are a ton of options out there from the 1000 to the 7000 and all at varying price ranges. After looking at the different options and the features each of them offer I settled on the middle of the road 4000. Here's my reasoning:

1) Minimal additional features after this for a lot more money
2) Has more power than the 2000 or 1000
3) I think the 3000 and 4000 are pretty similar but the 4000 was on sale when I bought it.

I love the toothbrush. My teeth feel very clean when I'm done and my gums don't hurt at all, even after not using a power toothbrush for the past 3 months. There are a few different modes on it, most of them probably unnecessary (regular, deep clean [3 minutes instead of 2], gentle, and whitening). I don't know about anyone else, but I just brush away, regardless of the timer, and usually it's around 3 minutes, so the modes don't really concern me.

Anyway, this is an excellent power toothbrush and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
on December 13, 2014
My older Oral-B brush was getting old so I decided it was time to get a new one. The plastic in the handle was actually starting to wear away. Even though it was still working fine, I figured I got my money's worth out of the thing and I quite liked it. I prefer the small round head as it makes it much easier to get behind your back teeth and you feel like you are actually cleaning each tooth individually.

WOW! What a difference! I was shocked when I first started it as it sounded like a rocket engine compared to my old brush. It works like a charm and my teeth FEEL much cleaner even though I have been using this style of brush for years. Maybe they got faster over the years or my old one was giving up the ghost.

Either way, I just love this new brush and ordered two more so that everyone in the house has one.
on January 2, 2013
If you're debating between the different models I would suggest looking solely at the "Brush Movements" and pick the one with the highest pulsations/oscillations. The 4000 model has extra bells and whistles that I really don't even notice after having it for about a month. Yes the toothbrush has extra modes, but I don't use them. Example: The deep cleaning mode isn't really a mode, just a marketing gimmick. The timer beeps at 45 second intervals instead of 30 second intervals - nothing says you have to stop at 2 minutes if you want to brush longer. There's no reason to pay extra $$$ for features you will not use. The only reason I bought the 4000 over the 3000 is because it was on sale and was cheaper. If you're deciding between the 3000, 4000 and 5000 models I suggest you buy the cheapest one: you will get clean teeth from all three as they are all rated for the same "Brush Movements". The extra cost is just for useless features.
on October 5, 2013
I love clean teeth. This product takes away any guesswork you may ever have about how long to spend brushing your teeth. It beeps to let you know when to move on to the next quadrant. I really love my Oral B Pro toothbrush, and can't imagine ever using another product. I am not a fan of going to the Dentist, and after several years, my dentist advised that I really only have to come in once a year for cleaning, instead of the average twice a year for most people. This is all thanks to the great plaque removing qualities of this toothbrush. I highly recommend this product. I love that there are several different heads you can get with it. And it is a great product for more than one person, although I am not keen on sharing my toothbrush, the heads themselves are the only part that is shared, and you can get personalized heads. Like I said, and I will repeat this - I can not imagine ever using another product for my teeth.
on January 9, 2013
I have been happily using this toothbrush for 7 months now. It offers a wide array of settings -from a gentle to diamond polishing power - and it is easy to use. As an unexpected bonus, the battery in the unit holds enough charge for a long-weekend getaway (without bringing the charging base).

The real reason I have given this toothbrush 5 stars is because of the comments I received from my dentist when I went for my cleaning visit. I usually receive a fair amount of scolding for not flossing (I know, I know, I really should!) but at this appointment he commented on the health of my gums and the virtual absence of any plaque.

I'm a believer!
on February 11, 2014
This toothbrush is a vast improvement from my previous electric one (Poweraction from Oral B as well). It is fairly quiet and it feels good when holding it.

One thing I noticed: on the website it says to charge the toothbrush for 16hrs for first time. When the battery is fully charged, the light will turn off. Mine took 21 hrs to fully charge! So don't despair and be patient for the light to turn off.

The only thing that it is missing and I wish it had is a protective cap for the brush head. I know this product comes with a nice storage case where you can put all your brush heads. But that case takes space on my already tiny counter. I wish it has a nice cap that I can attach to the head so I don't have to take it off every day. You can definitely leave it open, but then hairspray and dirt will get all over it.... As this would have been a nice thing to have, I don't find it a dea braker. The brush itself is amazing and I love it. The fact that you can also mix and match different brush heads depending on your needs is great too (you will need to buy them separately).

Great product!
on July 6, 2015
definately has more power than the $20 dollar Oral B ones you can get at Walmart or Shoppers..
I'm finding I don't need 4 different modes, just the general is good for me, male 53 with all my teeth,
its a little big in comparison to the previously ones mentioned, so I've actually dropped it a couple of
times since it arrived, when my hand is wet from brushing n maneuvering the brush to different areas
in the mouth is when i've dropped it.. I feel the handle need MORE rubber gripping area applied to the
handle to keep it secure in my hand..maybe its just me? but that's my review.

As for charging, it seems like forever before the lights stop flickering n is fully charged,
I think last time was 24hrs.. I will make a note on the next charge and maybe contact Oral-B if it seems
outrageously long time to charge..... charging last me about 10 days with 1-2 brushes a day.. hope that
helps someone..
on December 12, 2014
Takes some getting used to, after using a regular toothbrush for many years. I find it a little heavy and the base a little thick, but it does a fantastic teeth cleaning job, which in the end, is the most important thing. :) I love the reminder beeps/pauses, to move the brush around your mouth; keeps you on track with the 2 minute brush.