5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Nov. 26 2009
Nicole C. Eva - See all my reviews
This review is from: Strict Joy (Dlx Ed) (Audio CD)
I think Glen Hansard is the most brilliant musician out there today... I liked this more than the last Swell Season cd, which while it had amazing songs featured in Once, it also had a few that I wasn't crazy about (most notably from Marketa). However, this cd is totally solid - and I got the bonus, which came with a live cd as well as live concert + interview clips DVD. SO worth it! If you love the Frames, Once, or the Swell Season, you must have this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Strict Joy - some of the best music available, Feb. 12 2012
christopher anderson (Saltspring Island, B.C. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Strict Joy (Dlx Ed) (Audio CD)
I've watched "Once" about 5 times. The music and the characters and the compassionate message of of this excellent film persuaded me to then buy the film soundtrack and this Swell Season collection which is also wonderful. I've also bought several DVD copies of "Once", which have been well-received as gifts.

Anything by Glen Hansard and Marketa (?) and company - and Glen's group "The Frames" is of intense interest now that I've been fortuately exposed to it, as of an accidental renting of Once at the local video store, and I recommend these artists highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great addition to any collection, Dec 14 2009
Nigel Roe (Charlottetown,PE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Strict Joy (Audio CD)
Following on the success of the film Once, Swell Season as once again produced an outstanding CD of music. Beautifully sung, well written and a joy to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent music, excellent value, April 15 2011
This review is from: Strict Joy (Dlx Ed) (Audio CD)
After watching and really enjoying the movie Once, I bought several Frames albums and also Strict Joy. All of the albums are great.
This version of Strict Joy is a great buy. As well as Strict Joy, they also include a DVD of one of their concert, plus a CD of the concert. If anything, Glen and Marketa are even better live than in the studio. And I found a new favourite, Fitzcarraldo, I like the concert version even more than the original version.

Strict Joy (Dlx Ed)
Strict Joy (Dlx Ed) by Swell Season (Audio CD - 2009)