march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 26, 2009
I think Glen Hansard is the most brilliant musician out there today... I liked this more than the last Swell Season cd, which while it had amazing songs featured in Once, it also had a few that I wasn't crazy about (most notably from Marketa). However, this cd is totally solid - and I got the bonus, which came with a live cd as well as live concert + interview clips DVD. SO worth it! If you love the Frames, Once, or the Swell Season, you must have this!
on February 12, 2012
I've watched "Once" about 5 times. The music and the characters and the compassionate message of of this excellent film persuaded me to then buy the film soundtrack and this Swell Season collection which is also wonderful. I've also bought several DVD copies of "Once", which have been well-received as gifts.

Anything by Glen Hansard and Marketa (?) and company - and Glen's group "The Frames" is of intense interest now that I've been fortuately exposed to it, as of an accidental renting of Once at the local video store, and I recommend these artists highly.
on April 15, 2011
After watching and really enjoying the movie Once, I bought several Frames albums and also Strict Joy. All of the albums are great.
This version of Strict Joy is a great buy. As well as Strict Joy, they also include a DVD of one of their concert, plus a CD of the concert. If anything, Glen and Marketa are even better live than in the studio. And I found a new favourite, Fitzcarraldo, I like the concert version even more than the original version.
on December 14, 2009
Following on the success of the film Once, Swell Season as once again produced an outstanding CD of music. Beautifully sung, well written and a joy to listen to.