on April 5, 2014
I got this game for PS2 and it has remained my favourite Tales game ever since. The fact that it is now portable on the 3ds maked my day even more, as now I can play it EVERYWHERE! ahahaha!
Also I got the game in a timely manner, one of the first few days of the projected arrival date, which is always nice and everything went off with no issues! Uber stoked to start playing again!
on March 26, 2014
As someone who came into the Tales series rather regrettably late, the 3DS port is my first time ever touching Tales of the Abyss. The verdict? It is a blast and I can see why my friends speak of the game with such fondness. It was originally an impulse buy and probably one of the best decisions I made in the past year.
on September 13, 2012
This games is great and i'll break it down to pros and cons
- Active battle system, FoF Attack Changes, and unique roles alone make this game worth experiencing
- Compelling story
- For the hardcore RPG fan or the casual gamer alike
- No voices for Skits (which is a shame really, this is truly the only major flaw i see in this game. It is pure laziness to have not voiced at least a few key ones. I mean dam, sometimes there's a 2-3 minute dialogue event without anything but subtitles and faces moving. Feels like watching a foreign movie on mute, at that point might as well have kept the original voices..)
- The game absolutely requires a guide if you want to accomplish tasks other than the main quest.
- No Sidequest tracker/log (which is insanely annoying with the amount of missables in the game...)