march boutiques-francophones SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Color: Blue|Change
Price:$359.99+ $5.54 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 20, 2012
I bought the cosmo black Nintendo 3DS when it first came out. It was a lot more expensive back then but I realized that buying it so early would mean I would pay a lot more than I would if I waited. I couldn't wait for the price to come down and I don't really mind this now. The 3D works REALLY well and adds a lot to the games. I thought that the 3D was going to be more a novelty but after seeing the 3DS game line up I decided to buy it more for the games than the 3D capabilities. I was wrong. The 3D is amazing! I enjoy it a lot. I get headaches really easily but I can play with the 3D on for hours! It doesn't hurt my head at all. The new circle pad is a really nice feature, it makes it feel more like console gaming and it's really comfortable. The only thing I'm kicking myself about now is that I didn't get the awesome colour choices. Having bought it at the beginning I only had the option of black or blue. The blue was sold out so I got black. I really want the red one though, but that's not a big enough problem for me to be unhappy with the system. I highly suggest it. A lot of fun can be had with this gaming system!
on April 1, 2011
I've only had the system for about two days at this point but I'm really enjoying it.
I haven't bought any games to go with it but it does come with some preinstalled software that is fun to play with. That includes AR (augmented reality) games, Face Raiders, and Streetpass games.
The AR games are really fun, and a great way to show off the system to your friends. You put down the question block card (bundled with the 3DS) and before you know it you're playing a target shooting game and defeating dragons!
This combined with Play coins (coins you earn by walking around with the 3DS) is pretty good. I've been able to unlock more content within the AR games that make it more amusing and challenging as you go.

Face Raiders is really entertaining, and I find the best way to play is in a chair that can spin. It's fun to have to "save your friends faces". Basically you take a photo of a person and then they become the enemy. It's just weird to watch how they animate the picture you take.

I haven't had the chance to play the streetpass games yet. I haven't run across anyone else with a 3DS to really make use of the streetpass feature yet. But I live in a small area and have only had the device for a couple of days so I'm sure I'll get to use that as more people start to get one or I make trips into the bigger cities.

It'd be nice if the eshop and some other promised features were available now but those apparently aren't coming until a system update in May.

I personally think the built in software is pretty good enough to buy the system on its own.
However if you have a higher interest in wanting things like the eshop you may want to wait until we get closer to May for the purchase since that's when the system update is happening. I might also suggest taking a look to see if there are any games you are really interested in first. There seem to be a couple of good ones out there if those genres are your thing but if your big thing is the Mario titles or Zelda you might want to wait until a little later in the year when those games are likely to be released.
on August 20, 2011
One of the best handheld gaming system ever made from Nintendo! The 3D is just simply jaw-dropping and the AR Cards that are included are cool as well. The pre-installed games are also a lot of fun to play. Since I've had the previous DS systems before (starting from the DSLite to this), this is one of the best so far. <3 What's funny, though, is that the stylus pen is near the game cartridge on the left. I'm kinda used to having it on the right side of the platform. But, I'll just have to get used to it from now on. And I hope that there will be good games in the future.
on November 10, 2012
The Nintendo 3DS is a great handheld system that offers a lot of fun and enjoyment for all ages. Whether you're a hardcore gamer or a casual gamer who doesn't play video games that much, you'll find games that suit your preferences. There is a huge variety of games not only in game store shelves, but games that you can download straight from Nintendo's online store known as the e-shop. My only minor gripe about the 3DS is its battery life. It is significantly less than your typical tablet mobile devices and you won't find yourself playing non-stop for over 4 hours without having to charge it.
on December 26, 2011
This 3ds has preinstalled game which are fun (face raiders & ar games). Love the new circle pad. The 3d sreen is amazing, I hear some of my friends saying hurts thier eye but there is a 3d depth slider to adjust the depth of 3d images or turn it off. You can also browse the internet with the 3ds. Oh one more thing, for hours of game play with the 3ds, I recommend you get the hand grip or grip with silicone handle (which you can find both here), so your hands wont fell sore in short period of game play.
on November 16, 2011
While my Granddaughter has only seen one of these that her friend at school has, she is desperate to have her own, and that's exactly what is waiting for her at Christmas, Amazon.ca was really helpful in getting this to me really fast and also in excellent condition, next come the Games and whatever else is needed, I just have to get the info from my Daughter, then get it to Amazon and next thing I know, it's at my door, it's just that simple. 5 of 5 stars for both.
on December 30, 2011
This DS was a Christmas gift for my six year old and she loved it. She really likes taking pictures and adding graffiti. We haven't used the 3D parts so can't comment on it, but the DS was a hit and she is enjoying it very much. One thing that I haven't figured out yet is some of the online content, keep getting a message to check a website for an upgrade. So not sure about that, but we have liked it so far.
on June 26, 2012
this is probably the best nintendo game system ive ever played but u know the parson who said it was terrible that headache was pretty much from the dark cuz any handheld game system i play in the dark always give me a headache. so i would also reccomend for full on 3d for people that game alot but if this is your first game sytem take it on slow.
on December 28, 2011
This was bought for my 7 year old daughter for Christmas. She absolutely loves it. The 3d portions are hard on my old eyes, but she loves it. There is so much for her to do without even inserting a game. Great product, expected nothing less from Nintendo!
on July 15, 2013
This is a great handheld system, I replaced my Xbox 360 with it and I couldn't be happier to go back to a Nintendo system. The games are designed to have an extensive single player mode that can be replayed rather than relying solely on multiplayer.