march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

on November 23, 2011
It's been a long time since NSMB (New Super Mario Bros.) came out for the Nintendo DS and it's high time we got a platforming Mario title for our portable devices (Bowser's Inside Story is great too, though!). Super Mario 3D Land brings the Mushroom Kingdom to light in a brilliant blend of classic Mario platforming and a more contemporary flair.
When I first started playing I felt like the levels were too short and the worlds didn't have enough to extend the game play and, while I still feel this, I have a deep appreciation of this feeling now. The levels were so well crafted that no two play the same, they all have a unique je ne sais quoi. While the levels are short they are fun, and definitely memorable. Granted I managed to beat the game in a matter of hours (5 I believe) the coin and secret searching is proving to extend the fun. The levels are fun to revisit, even once you know them like the back of your hand you can still spend a few runs searching for that last special coin for completion.
The game controls really well, the 3DS joy pad is perfect for bringing a truly 3D Mario to the handheld. While NSMB was a fun little side-scroller this game can boast the full 3D levels (not meaning the effect of the 3DS but of the level design)which allows the developers to offer us the unique worlds I praised earlier.
The soundtrack is Mario to the core. If the music doesn't make you smile you likely don't have a heart. As I played this game I was buried in nostalgia but I also took all the new tracks and appreciated them because, despite being recorded more recently they line up with the best of the classic Mario songs.
This game is brilliant simply for presenting itself for what it is, a Mario game that pays homage to the old while pressing forward for a new generation of gamers. If today's kids are going to play Mario and love it as much as I did when he was 8-bit then I'm ready to pass the torch. Mario is still the king.
on March 30, 2012
great instant classic mario on the 3ds. graphically comparable to mario galaxy on the wii. ton of extras, good level of challange (although some parts of the game are a tad too easy). overall great mario game with no real gimmick.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 14, 2016
Well mario 3d land. Theres nothing bad about this game what so ever and if your a mario fan but dont own the 3ds this will make u want o ggo buy a 3ds just because how good this game really is.
I remember when i was a kid and mario games were so much fun and it has not changed i still find them super fun.
My kids will want to spend hours playing this game and wont want to touch any other games we have and we have many.

So if you are considering to buy this game just do it you wont be disappointed
on August 23, 2015
Being my first game(received last week)and console I can't make any comment. It has however caught my interest in a positive way with the help of my family who have bought consoles and games from Nintendo and highly recommended that I .
on December 29, 2014
This is another solid entry in the Mario series by Nintendo. Terrific platforming puzzles and plenty of content to keep any level of gamer entertained for hours. We have been playing on the 2DS and it works fine.
on January 21, 2016
a lot of fun lots of secrets making the game have more replay value also has lots nostigia by bring back more old power ups and enemies with updated graphics

the best handheld mario game
on April 1, 2015
Was bought for my 11 year old. I asked her what I should say in the review...her response?
"It's awesome! I can't stop playing it!"
on January 4, 2014
Was a little skeptical as some reviews said it wasn't worth they hype, but after playing for hours I really enjoyed it!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 20, 2015
Love this game! I miss the cat suit Mario, but still love playing this anyways! ;) Love the new worlds!
on October 5, 2015
Great game, it's like a slightly dumbed down version of the Wii U super mario 3d world.