Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Platform for Display: PCEdition: StandardChange
Price:$14.99+ $4.99 shipping

Sims Medieval is a great game. It is not an expansion pack but a stand alone Sims game. Meaning you don't get to continue playing with your character from your Sims 3 games. This game is a quest game, you start by creating your king/queen and then you pick quests in order to expand your kingdom. You play each quest with your king/queen and later on you can play a different character. All quests are different and a lot of fun. For example you may need to find a talking frog or you may have to unite your kingdom with an Elf kingdom with marriage. The quests remind me of Sims 3 World Adventures.

So you start off by playing the king/queen, but with each quest you get points to spend on building new structures (tavern, market) and most of these structures require a hero to run them. Most quests give you an option of selecting your hero, so you can switch from playing the king/queen to playing a knight or a wizard. Each hero has special abilities and lives in their own building and they also level up after each quest which makes them have more abilities.

Some key points of interest about the game:
- Unlike all other Sims games, here you can only see 3 walls, and you're looking inside the building through a 4th wall at all times, basically like a doll house
- You can only control your hero so even if your hero has kids, you can't control the kids or the spouse
- Your hero has only 2 needs: eat and sleep. Unlike Sims 3 games - Sims have 6 needs. For example, your Sim won't need to use the toilet or take a bath
- Your hero or his/her kids never grow old. For example, your hero has a child, the baby goes right to child (skipping toddler like in Sims 3) and stays as child until your hero does and then the child replaces the hero (like an heir to the throne). Also, your hero won't die of old age, but instead from an accident or being killed on purpose
- You'll have to do some reading - the entire game is based on you reading and making decisions - but it's a lot of fun and the humour is great
- You can only furnish the space, you cannot edit the building (not even put a wall in)

The above list has pros and cons: for example, the living space for all the Hero Sims are very small, so if you have a family, it's hard to put 3 beds in 1 room. Also, not having your Sim age and die is a bit boring, I personally would like to see the King being replaced by his eldest son - but there is a quest where your monarch is killed. But i found it great that the 4 needs are gone and you only have to worry about eating and sleeping - this gives you so much more time to do all the fun stuff. Also, because you can't control your family members, but just the one Hero Sim, you become more focused on the one character without having to worry if your child has done homework or if your sister took a bath.

All in all, I bought this game 3 days ago and I can't stop playing. I love it, love it, love it. I have every single expansion of Sims 2 and Sims 3 BUT this game is different, fresh and fun when compared to the others. You have a different routine here, a different way of life and gameplay. I recommend this to all Sims fans!
on September 5, 2011
I love Sims and I love all things Medieval so when Sims Medieval came out I grabbed it fast. I didn't read reviews, I just grabbed. My first disappointment was finding out that I couldn't build. My vision of a perfect Sims Medieval game was building my castle. I started playing and laughed over some of the quests. I enjoyed first. Then it got repetitive. As others have said it is the same thing over and over. I feel like Bill Murray on Groundhog Day. I wish they had let us build. I wish they had let us have more free reign in the quests. I wish I cared enough to explore all of my different characters. I put it down for a few months and just went back to it today. Felt the same way, just not quite up to Sims standards.
on March 26, 2014
I love this game I have and have logged many hours paying it.

There are I believe 70 different quest you can complete. Which ones you can select depends upon who you choose for your monarch and what traits you give him or her. This means even after you have completed all the quests with your one monarch, you can play the game over again with a different monarch and get a completely different outcome. There are lots of side achievements too which give you extra things to do if you ever get board of regular game play.

I will say If you are a fan of: The Sims 3, this game might take some getting used to. As it runs slower and you don't get as much time to free play or you risk poor quest performance. Also unlike Sims 3 you don't have the option to take down the walls of your house/ castle to look inside all the time, this can get a little annoying but I've read there is a game cheat for this.

All and all I think this game is great and worth buying especially if your enjoy roleplaying type computer games like The Sims. Oh I would definitely recommend you also purchase:

Sims Medieval: Prima Official Game Guide by Catherine Browne
It gives tons of info not found in the regular game booklet, and makes it a lot easier to be successful with your game quests.
There is also a website I came across that shares a lot of helpful tips and tricks for choosing good traits for different Sims and advice on quests you might be struggling on it is [...]
Happy gaming everyone!
on June 22, 2011
This game is fun until you finish the introductory level. It repeats the same storyline ('quests') over and over. The only variation depends on which character you choose to complete the task with. Compared with the complexity of the Sims games, this is disappointing. A very mediocre game.
on October 7, 2011
Extremely fun and addicting, especially with the new Adventure pack Sims: Medieval Pirates and Nobles added to it.

Some people say it's repetative but I have 3 kingdoms going currently (one finished) and have yet to find where they're even close to the same beyond the into stage. The trick is to change up your monarchs traits- if you always choose the same traits you will get the same game. Or so I found when experimenting.
on November 19, 2014
Huge Sims Fan! Fun game but can get boring. You cant play it for hours and hours on end like the other Sims games but its fun to change things up every once in a while
on April 7, 2011
This game is fun at first, until you discover after you finish it that you have to play the same story line all over again in the exact same setting.

It was fun the first round but I personally believe that if you're a Sims 3 fan, you will not like the game.

It was literally 3 evenings of amusement, then, dead. Done.

I expected more out of EA.
on March 28, 2014
wife had bought this online to replace one she had damaged. was a hard to find game because it was only a special edition. was what we wanted.
on October 7, 2015
awesome game. Arrives on time. Amazing price.
on October 19, 2014
The game has been fun to play