5.0 out of 5 stars This Halo will surprise you. It's really good.
I had played Halo 1 and 2 back in the 2003-2004 era and then had left gaming only to return this year with an Xbox 360. So I picked up Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST. I have always heard that ODST is not a good game or it's not in keeping with Halo tradition. But I was still curious.

My curiosity was rewarded.

In normal Master Chief Halos, you always feel in...
Published on Oct. 30 2011 by Sid

3.0 out of 5 stars The filler in a burger???
This appears to be the filler in a meaty burger. A little bit of meat, but an equal amount of sawdust or ground up newspaper. I would play it if you love Halo but don't buy it as your first Halo experience.
Published on Jan. 13 2012 by Big Zeke

5.0 out of 5 stars This Halo will surprise you. It's really good., Oct. 30 2011
Ce commentaire est de: Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 Standard Edition (Video Game)

My curiosity was rewarded.

In normal Master Chief Halos, you always feel in charge...you are like a tank and you engage in epic battles and usually always make it out with barely a scratch. But this one is more emotional, more connected,...harder...more harrowing. You take command of a characters who are mere soldiers doing their best to fight the war. Often you will pull back from a battle because you simply can't fight them or you want to change tactics. This is a thinking-man's Halo. You FEEL the Covenant, you FEEL the story.

Don't listen to others. Play this game. Let yourself judge it. I assure you you will feel an emotional attachment to it like no other Halo. It has a soul. It makes you work hard and peek around corner wondering if you have ammo or where you will possibly find some health or help.

Amazing and hoping for another ODST.

4.0 out of 5 stars Halo 3: ODST, Jan. 1 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 Standard Edition (Video Game)
An interesting game to play, very challenging. I hope it will have four player co-op version without getting online, so I can also enjoy the game with my friends in my party.

3.0 out of 5 stars The filler in a burger???, Jan. 13 2012
Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, Aug. 1 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 Standard Edition (Video Game)
no try gift for my birthday children next month

3.0 out of 5 stars HALO 3: ODST. Not worth the price., Oct. 22 2009
Craig Davis - See all my reviews
Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Ce commentaire est de: Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 Standard Edition (Video Game)
The single player campaign is fun but only last for aboutt 6-8 hours. The multiplayer is from Halo 3, which anyone who is buying this game probably already has. It also comes with the online map paks, which a lot of people who own Halo 3 already have as well. It only includes 3 brand new maps. I was extremely disappointed with this purchase as it's not even close to worth the full price of a brand new game.

I dropped $80 on this game to do what? Play 8 hours of single player campaign? I don't know what Bungie was thinking here. There was no reason to release this game on discs, or price it as high as brand new games. In hindsight, I would not have purchased this game. If it had been available for download off XBOX Live for say $40 then that would have been reasonable. Instead, Bungie and Microsoft have put a huge price on this game solely for the reason that they know Halo players will soak up anything Halo related. And while I understand where they are coming from, they have taken advantage of consumers big time here. Why did they feel the need to waste resources making this game available on DVD discs? They could have made a ton of money by offering it for download, which I read was the original plan. But then the guys in the boardroom thought, "hey, we can charge the price of a full NEW game, but give not even half the content and those silly Halo loving lemmings will buy it cause they love Halo so much."

Don't buy this game. Go rent it for the single player campaign if you want, but do not buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, Aug. 31 2014
This game is awesome

4.0 out of 5 stars Overated?, Oct. 8 2009
Ce commentaire est de: Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 Standard Edition (Video Game)
Some people say the story is too swallow and lacking but I found that it told the story behind the original halo story. The price for the game is not to high because it does come with all the halo 3 multilayer maps and its own campaign and firefight mode, which is tons of fun. I have heard people complain for loading times which is stupid you wait no longer then any other game and how can the graphics be below halo 3? Its made with the same game engine. If your a fan of the halo trilogy I highly recommend this game but if your just want a quick trick look some where else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Halo 3: ODST, Nov. 5 2009
A. Riench "Grumpy Gramp" (Shuswap Lake, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 Standard Edition (Video Game)
First time I played it I hated it then the second time I just loved it I have played this game probably 5-6 tomes now. It took a while for me to see why that they changed the game from all previous Halo's. I hope Halo Reach is going to be as good or even close, because, then it will be great also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid additions to the Halo universe, Oct. 24 2009
Ce commentaire est de: Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 Standard Edition (Video Game)
An excellent campaign that fits well into the Halo universe. Halo fans will certainly not be disappointed while playing the campaign single-player. I played it through once on Legendary, and the sense of vulnerability that playing as an ODST adds to the game-play makes combat feel more intense and meaningful.

Firefight, is an enjoyable multiplayer co-op experience that builds off of the Survival mode in Left 4 Dead and Horde in Gears of War, but differentiates itself from these previous games enough to feel fresh and engaging.

The addition of three new Halo 3 MP maps, and the Mythic disk, is another nice perk. Halo fans will not want to miss out on these maps, and the option for reclaiming hard-drive space that the Mythic disc provides.

Halo Reach MP Beta, should be fantastic, but is a real unknown at this point. However, I will be keeping my copy of ODST to experience Bungie's latest creation next year first hand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Halo CE meets Halo 3, Oct. 22 2009
Tyler Andersen "Amazon fails!" (Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Ce commentaire est de: Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 Standard Edition (Video Game)
This game was like a blast from the past. In the beginning it felt like I was playing Halo: Combat Evolved for the first time, but with a touch of stealth. Not bad... but then half way through they pushed the Halo 3 style game play way too hard and it felt wrong. I wanted that 30 seconds of Halo CE fun every so often, I didn't want that new halo feeling. If you've played Halo before, don't get it for the campaign, get it for firefight. If you've never played Halo before do not get it, you have to play Halo 1, 2, 3 first, in that order to get what half of the story is about. Plus I'd only pay about thirty, maybe forty dollars for it.

However, amazon never did give me the discount on Windows 7 that Microsoft and Amazon both promised, so screw you amazon, you have lost a customer once i get the new CoD. Not only that, I am spreading the word both by voice and online until you give me my discount! >:(
feel free to contact me amazon with my discount, and I will reverse what ever I have said about you guys!
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade

UPDATE:

Since amazon did not give me my discount I took it upon myself to get it from an online source I will not mention here.
Sorry buddy, good guys win, bad guys loose, and as usual; Customers Prevail!

Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 Standard Edition