1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste money., Jan. 27 2010
Sergei Agalakov (Calgary, AB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Premiere Elements 8 [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
If you are going to buy this product because of Adobe brand then better reconsider. Premiere Elements 8 has very serious problems with quality, please check forums on Adobe web site and reviews. Premiere Elements 8 is very slow on my Vista 64bit box with 8GB of memory and quadcore CPU. Moreover it never was able to finish a DVD-9 compilation from two AVI files from miniDV camcoder. It always crashed. I have spent a day implementing all possible workarounds from Adobe site without any success. I have posted a request to Adobe customer service and never heard back from them (more than two weeks have passed with promised max 48 hours response time). That's about Adobe customer service. I suggest you look on Corel or Sony video editing software. I wish I never lost my money on this garbage.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buggy, Aug. 6 2010
This review is from: Adobe Premiere Elements 8 [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
If you buy this software be ready for endless frustration. It's very buggy, it crashes often, it's very slow. Save your work often. Tried Corel, it's buggy too and also crashed. Tried Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD. The interface is very quick. However I wasn't able to burn a blu ray with it. I've also downloaded the trial version of Cyberlink PowerEditor 8 ultra and so far so good. Wished I'd bought that one first.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money, Jan. 2 2010
This review is from: Adobe Premiere Elements 8 [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
This is the least user friendly video editing software I have ever used. I edited only about 6 minutes worth of home movies (over a week) and became so frusterated that I had to uninstall this software and find something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Most unstable software I've ever used, Feb. 11 2010
Norman Davie - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Premiere Elements 8 [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
This software should never have been released.
Crashes frequently under Windows 7 and Vista, and less frequently under XP
Save your money

Adobe Premiere Elements 8 [OLD VERSION]
Adobe Premiere Elements 8 [OLD VERSION] by Adobe (Windows, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
CDN$ 109.99