5.0 out of 5 stars Great value. No problems
Published on Nov. 6 2012 by Toronto Modern

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase for the Price
THis is a good product for those who need a scale to weight things. I use it to measure food portions and it does its job. It has multiple settings to change from OZ, gram, lb, and KG. Sometimes when there is nothing on the scale, it reads a negative amount. Eventually it fixes itself.
Published on Jan. 23 2013 by Pen Name

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value. No problems, Nov. 6 2012
This review is from: Ozeri Pro Digital Kitchen Food Scale, 1g to 12 lbs Capacity, in Elegant Chrome (Kitchen)
I must admit that I probably go too far in researching new purchases. (How much research does a sub-$30 scale deserve?) I have started baking bread and was concerned about the variability that comes from measuring with cups and was also interested in the notion that I could just dump the ingredients into one bowl sitting on a scale, using the "tare" function. After spending hours looking at the various options online and the reviews, I decided to go with the Ozeri Pro Digital. I was worried about whether I could see the numbers once I had a big bowl on top, but I use my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer bowl (5.5 quart, not 5 quart version) with no problems. You cannot put a large dinner plate on it for weighing items as you will not be able to see the numbers, but so far, I have not had any need to do so.

I agonized about how large the weighing base is - nowhere could I find the dimensions of the circular weighing base. (The picture with the 3 strawberries is not as helpful as a the actual measurement.) It is 5 inches across in diameter. Yes, it's small, but so far, it's big enough for everything I have wanted to do. If you wanted to weigh, for example, a large box, yes, it would be too small and you could not see the numbers, but if you think you are going to be weighing large boxes, you should be looking at a different product category.

I like the small compact size of the scale and so far, think it's great value and easy to use.

I think a couple of the reviews I've seen on amazon.com said that there were problems with the button, but I have no issues.

Very satisfied so far. Like the fact that the battery is a standard one. In the US, on amazon.com, they sell another brand called the "eatsmart" that does not appear to be available in Canada at this point in time. One of the reviewers on amazon.com said that she/he has both and they are exactly the same. (The Ozeri has almost 400 reviews on the US website at this point, so you may not see this readily given the volume of reviews.)

It was shipped not by amazon, but by Ozeri, so it did not qualify for the free shipping offer, but the shipping was fast and reasonably priced. (UPDATE - I noticed that it is now shipped the amazon.ca, so it's an even better deal for buyers. I'm a little put out by the fact that a few weeks ago I did have to pay for shipping, and if I'd waited it would have been free, but does not affect my view of the product itself)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product!, March 8 2012
I received my Ozeri Pro Digital Kitchen Food Scale last week and was very impressed. The delivery was incredibly fast (ordered Friday received the following Monday). I was impressed with the item in its simplicity, ease-of-use and high-effectiveness. I got it to weigh foods (better measure portions, etc.) and lo and behold, it included a book with calorie/ weight conversions!

Definitely a 5/5 product - would recommend for anyone looking for a digital food scale that gets the job done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, Well Worth the Price, May 7 2012
This scale is great. It does everything I require of a small scale. It helps me follow recipes more accurately and the 11 lbs limit means I can weight small objects before shipping them.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a small scale or food scale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality kitchen scale, March 30 2014
Brad Arnold (Regina, Saskatchewan Canada) - See all my reviews
This a good kitchen scale. It's seemingly accurate (measurements are repeatable). I particularly like that it uses AAA batteries instead of a CR2032 like many cheaper scales do. I've owned this scale for quite a while now, and I'm still on the first set of batteries that came with device.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, accurate, handy, Dec 14 2011
This product arrived on time. Needfully packed I could use it right away after inserting batteries. Mail, flour and other stuff measured at Christmas. Merry Christmas...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Price, May 23 2012
I am very happy with my order. It arrived quickly (only took 4 business days) and I appreciated the packaging care to ensure it would not be damaged. I like how simplistic and efficient it is to use; a great design and its compact size will store easily on the countertop. I can't comment on the longevity of the product since I've only had it for a few days but I'm confident that it will be fine. The price was great as well - excellent value, and the inclusion of the batteries is always a plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, Sleek and accurate, Sept. 19 2013
I have had my Ozeri Pro Digital Kitchen Food Scale for more than one year and have yet to find any fault with it. It appears to have been constructed for ease of use, accuracy and the ability to maintain its cleanliness; and the price is perfect. The read out is instant and as far as I can say, judging by the food I cook and bake, it is accurate. I am so impressed with the product that the last one I ordered was for my 83 year old Mother. Thank you .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, April 3 2013
Canadian eh? "glo" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I am starting to weigh out my pizza dough recipes as recommended by most chefs, what a difference in the lightness of the dough.

I like that you can put your measuring bowl on the scale an set the right button to read zero, so the bowl weight is not factored into the final weight of the item being weighed.

I wanted a scale that uses ordinary easily available batteries. Simple and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, June 8 2012
S. Laforge "Josee L" (Varennes, Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
It does what its supposed to, small, handy, live the TARE function and 3 options for weight measurement, oz, g, and kg. Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars So fast!, April 27 2012
Yesynes (Montreal, QC Canada) - See all my reviews
This scale arrived incredibly fast and it's very easy to use.
The company has amazing customer service as well (big plus!)