4.0 out of 5 stars Great set, but incomplete...
Published on Nov. 28 2009 by Bruno Desjardins

1.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed
Unfortunately I purchased this and when I got it home I was very unimpressed.

The video quality of this Blu-Ray product is terrible. The transfer quality is poor and the originals look better on my regular DVD.

I will say though, the audio is great. Unfortunately I am a visual person, not an audio person.

I would NOT recommend Star Trek...
Published on Oct. 21 2009 by G. Lockwood

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set, but incomplete..., Nov. 28 2009
Bruno Desjardins (Montreal) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I'm not about to review the movies because you all know them. When I upgraded to Blu-Ray I gave away my collector's editions DVDs and - as another reviewer mentioned - these Blu-Ray versions are the theatrical release versions, not the remastered or extended ones. Pity because ST-TMP was really improved in the reworked version. I'm writing this only to inform you that most of the featurettes that appeared on disc 2 of all the collector's edition DVDs are simply nowhere to be found in this new boxset. If you're looking for the movies, then this will suit you just fine. However, if you're expecting more extras and interviews, you'll have to buy the separate Blu-Ray disc of the individual movies, which, it seems, have more to offer... But will cost you twice as much...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of Star Trek Classics, April 16 2010
Colin A. Chisholm "frodo87" (Halifax, NS) - See all my reviews
Great collection of awesome nostalgia! The movies look and sound much better with the upgrade to Blu-ray. Great having them all together in one set finally. Some of the movies in this collection stand out as classics and others more like duds, but it's good to have them all in the same set. II, III, and IV stand out as the best in the series, but it's still worth the buy to have them all. The special features are pretty neat, but Blu-ray live does not work in Canada. So if that is a must-have for you be careful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Front covers, Feb. 5 2012
The only criticism I can make concerns each individual films: their front covers are bland to cry. As for the rest, ie the essential: thanks to the Blu-ray format, you will see these films as you've never seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture needs a remaster. Otherwise, the Shatner team is always fun., Aug. 27 2014
I've been living with Star Trek all my life. My father had been a fan of the original series and would have me watch the reruns (waaay back in the 80s).

The films were a no-brainer for me, this goes without saying.

The 5 star goes to the great job of porting over all the special features of the two-disc DVDs while adding some more (except the first one, there's next to nothing while its extended DVD has loads to offer).

Picture-wise, these films could use a new transfer for their age shows. It's quite enjoyable as it is, but there are problems here and there on just about each film. If you try and let go of that relatively medium negative setback, the price of the set may be what changes your mind...

Got mine here for $30, which only meant one thing: I HAD to buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Most people say the even numbered films are the best, and I agree, Aug. 10 2014
James Kelly (Scarborough, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection (Bilingual) (DVD)
Here's the theatrical films released with the cast of the original series. Most people say the even numbered films are the best, and I agree. They're a little "tacky", especially compared to the new "reboot", but are still enjoyable for those with even a bit of Trekkie in them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the upgrade, Dec 7 2011
This blu-ray presentation is as good as these films will probably ever look without Paramount making the investment to completely restore these films to their maximum potential. That being said, this set is a great upgrade and a great value. One final note: the Bob Wise Director's cut of TMP from a few years back was not included-- worth the double dip if it ever gets released.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 11 2014
great series!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection (Bilingual), May 30 2014
Des classiques de Star Trek que l'on prends plaisir à regarder encore et encore. Hautement recommandé à tous les amateurs de science-fiction. On s'ennuie jamais avec l'équipage de l'Entreprise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captain James T. Kirk, May 24 2014
What can I say about the series that started it all in science fiction. I love the original Star Trek.

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband thrilled, Jan. 18 2014
This was combined with the Next Generation boxed set as a holiday gift for my dear husband. He loves it.

Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection (Bilingual)
CDN$ 65.99 CDN$ 41.98