5.0 out of 5 stars Terminator 3
I recorded the movie from MPIX on Bell TV but I got too many lines so I orded the movie as I really enjoyed it
Published 18 months ago by Kevin Tormasy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Advertised - Full Screen Version from DiscX
I've done business with them before but this is a disappointment. I wanted the widescreen and got full screen. I'm not going to waste my time with trying to return it, I finally got a chance to see it after a month after. But it will make me think twice before ordering from them again.
Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Always enjoyed this movie but now my grandsons are old enough ..., July 12 2014
This review is from: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (DVD)
Always enjoyed this movie but now my grandsons are old enough to enjoy it too. We all watched it for the 2nd time last night.
Good action as all the "T" movies are

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Advertised - Full Screen Version from DiscX, April 12 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Terminator 3, Jan. 21 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Ah-nold comes back for #3-, Nov. 21 2012
Robert Badgley (St Thomas,Ontario,Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Terminator 3-Rise of the Machines(released July/03)stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator,Nick Stahl as John Connor,Claire Danes as Kate Brewster,Kristanna Loken as T-X,David Andrews as Lieutenant General,and others.It is a rather ambitious film that has alot to tell,which is its main drawback.The first two by Cameron kept it simple and straightforward,which were its virtues.However,this one features the best S/FX of any of the Terminators,and as such reaches a level on a par with the first.
The story finds John Connor 10 years later from the last,a loner and continually on the move.His mother has died,thinking they had averted a global conflict with the machines.However,this is a Terminator movie and that is not to be.This time Ah-nold "beams" back into 2004 ,as does another advanced T-X model with enhanced capabilities.To add to that,it is female in form.She has been sent back not only to terminate John but his closest lieutenants and she sets about doing just that with the usual terminator proficiency.Ah-nold coincidentally finds John caged in a vet hospital by one of its employees Kate,who it turns out knows John and will become his closest associate in the future,not to mention his wife.At the same time the T-X has also arrived and is terrorizing the pair.John and Kate who,with Ah-nolds assistance,manage to escape.
They head to a memorial park where Sarahs body is supposedly interred.Ah-nold smashes the wall and pulls out the casket,inside of which is filled to the brim with weaponry,to which Ah-nold helps himself.It seems the USAF took over the Cyberdine systems research and now has the Skynet system up and running.Unbeknownst to the trio however,all satellite systems are starting to shut down.And the USAF are at a loss to explain the virus which seems to have invaded their computer systems and others around the world.The so called virus,is the Skynet system's own plant so the USAF would have to eventually let it take over control of every system in order to "repair" it.The USAF thinks it can control it,but Skynet has become too self aware by now and when Skynet is finally given control,it institutes the war of the machines against mankind by launching preemptive nuclear strikes around the world.
The trio come to the conclusion they must stop the Skynet system at all costs.At that they are ultimately unsuccessful,but they are directed to an underground facility north of the central one. There it is hoped that they will be able to stop Skynet once and for all.John and Kate fly a Cessna to the location and while attempting to gain access they witness the arrival of the T-X.Ah-nold arrives shortly thereafter and holds off the T-X until the pair can reach the underground facility.It turns out what they thought was their salvation and access to stopping Skynet was no such thing.They were sent to an underground location designed to protect officials from nuclear fallout;a survival bunker.They can do nothing but sit back and wait.After a while they start to receive radio messages from civil defense authorities across the country,and they realize there is now hope of humanity rising back up and fighting the machines.
It is an ambitious films with alot of nice moments such as the massive crane chase through the L.A.streets, with Ah-nold dangling on the end of it.There are funny moments such as when near the end the T-X arrives at the underground shelter ahead of Ah-nold in a normal sized chopper.Then shortly after Ah-nold arrives,but his is the size of a Sikorsky.There are two or three times when Ah-nold tries to come out with some snappy comebacks,as from the last movies,which are now iconic sayings.Ah-nold says"Talk to the hand" and"She'll be baaack",referring to the T-X.None of them have the same memorable punch as the others did in the first two movies,and have been quickly forgotten.The film has much too much detail to tell and should have been kept on a straightforward line like the previous two;so it lost a little bit of ground there with my ratings.However what really gives this movies its' chutzpah,are the improved S/FX,far superior than the first two.It would be neat to see what they could do today with Ah-nold in a new Terminator film.
Technically speaking the film is clear and crisp in its w/s a/r of 2:35:1.Extras abound in this two disc collection.There is commentary by all the main stars,a gag reel,featurettes on every aspect of the films making,both major and minor,right down to the video game and figurine off shoots.
All in all a nice return to the Terminator franchise.Ah-nold is on game,but the film just gets a little too busy and even Ah-nolds comeback lines don't pack the same punch as before.However the incredible improvement in technology helps hide alot of the films flaws.4 solid stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Pleasant Little Surprise..., March 23 2004
When I first heard that T3 was coming out I was terrified. I mean, no James Cameron? No Sarah Conner (Linda Hamilton)?? A new guy (Nick Stahl) playing John Conner??? A female terminatrix???? An ancient Arnold creeking along as the terminator????? Boy, was I scared of the potential catastrophe this flick could've been! Well, my fears were unnecessary. T3: RISE OF THE MACHINES was a pleasant surprise. First, though Cameron would have done a completely different film with Linda Hamilton, they both opted out (of T3 and their relationship w/ each other) and there was no hope of their being involved. Jonothan Mostow does a great job, keeping the action at an insane pace, making T3 an excellent 2hr rollercoaster ride. Claire Danes is wonderful as the unfortunate Kate, sucked into the vortex of John Conner's destiny. Kristanna Loken is the perfect ice-cold assassin as the TX Terminatrix. She's beautiful, lethal, and indestructible. The perfect date for yours truly! Nick Stahl is John Conner. I liked him and found him quite believable. That leaves Arny as everyone's favorite cyborg. I was frankly amazed at how good he looks! This future governor of la-la-land looks physically like he did in the first two terminators! Either he's wearing a rubber body, or Arnold is in peak condition. Either way, he IS the terminator and always will be. He delivers his trademark T-101-liners with typical Arny style. As for the storyline, I was so caught up in the explosions and chase elements, I almost forgot what it was all about! It seems that judgement day has only been postponed and the TX has arrived to seek out and destroy John Conner. The T-101 intervenes again, this time protecting both John and Kate in an attempt to save the remnant of humanity from skynet's planetary conquest. Can they escape the TX? What secret does Kate's dad hold? Will Arnold take time off from his office job to do T4? Only time will tell. The only complaint I have is that it could have been longer. Another 20 minutes or so to flesh out the story would've been nice. However, I digress...

4.0 out of 5 stars not as bad as the whines, rather fun, Jan. 3 2004
I did not have high expect ions to REALLY like this film, frankly I was not thrilled with T2. Sometimes MORE is not better. The original film had something T2 never achieved - HEART. The focus in T2 was the special effects. For that it was superior to the smaller budget sleeper Terminator. But flash does not equate to substance, so in T2, I was like WOW - but is that all there is? I expected more of T2 flash in T3, and there is that. Buckle up, baby, it's about to get bumpy is a lot of the film. So it provided the flash. But T3 does something T2 did not, it tries to draw on it's roots of the first film, giving John connor something of his mother "who didn't ask for any of this" into his character. Nick Stahl does very well as making you believe he could be Sara Connor's son. Claire Danes does what she could with the role, but it's a bit limited to "screaming let me out". Kristanna Loken does well as the non-stoppable Female Terminator - but, hey I often wonder if machines really would be machines that look sexy? But, guess we are not supposed to worry about things like that. Arnold is very well toned, but his performance is same old same old. I has so many concerns, that I was surprised just how much I did enjoy it. Mind bubblegum, but great fun anyway.
Connor is now in his twenties - the great Apocalypse has not come about and he is a drifter going from place to place. Dane's Character Kate Brewster is a vet, planning on marriage and the daughter of the man responsible for pushing the button on the Sky Net Defence that permits the Machines to take over.
Connor breaks into her vet's office, but she catches him. But before the police arrive the Terminators arrive and it's non-stop action.
It's mindless fun, but good fun. So kick back and enjoy. The goodies on the DVD seems rather rushed and half-hearted. As with any time travel film: don't ask, just accept.

4.0 out of 5 stars not as bad as the whines say, Jan. 3 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow...just, Wow, Jan. 6 2004
Simon (Brampton, ON) - See all my reviews
No one really thought Terminator 3 would be made. Sure, the title "Rise of the Machines" has been tossed around since at least 1997, but with Cameron's near-perfect T2 and the franchise being more than a decade old, most fans didn't give any serious consideration to a third installment. But someone decided to go ahead and make T3 anyway.
I went into T3 with low expectations. All the comments I'd heard on the movie pinned it as average to slightly above-average at best. The director was so-so, the running time was way under T2, only Arnold chose to return, and the box office reciepts weren't that great. And sure enough most of the movie matched those expectations. Fun action, but a lot of re-hashing of what had been done in the first two movies. Minimal character development, just enough to make the viewer give a damn about the heroes. Competent direction, but everything seemed to operate on such a small scale, considering that this was supposed to be the last hours before judgement day.
So far, the movie was a decent popcorn flick that was worth my money and thankfully didn't manage to embarass the legacy of the movies before it.
Then the final few minutes of the movie rolled, and everything changed. I don't know how I managed to not spoil the ending for myself, considering all the reviews I read, but I was totally blown away. Yeah, I heard they were leaving room for a Terminator 4, but I didn't expect it to happen this way. Suddenly, the small scale of the movie seems to make sense, as if it's all clever misdirection of some sort. T3 could've worked a lot better with a more stylistic director and a slightly longer running time, but as it stands, its ending makes it a more-than-worthy entry in the franchise. Before, I dreaded another installment. Now, I'm looking forward to it.
WB's treatment of T3 on DVD is something of a disappointment. Audio/visual is very good, and thankfully the movie comes in a keepcase instead of a snapper, but the supplements are just there to take up space. There's a good deleted scene that must be watched by all fans, and a few decent featurettes, but most of the bonus material is promotional in nature. Given how loaded the past Terminator discs have been, T3 simply doesn't compare.
T3 is a great popcorn movie with a jaw-dropping ending. WB needs to learn how to make a decent 2-disc special edition of its summer movies. 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well, it completes the set., April 19 2014
One singular sensation... "One singular sensa... (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (DVD)
Too bad California could not have kept him as govenor for life ... poor California... but it would have meant no more Arnie messes on film. The writing is indifferent here and without the strongest of directions, Arnie just doesn't know what to do but scowl and imitate a robot imitating a robot. His best series, bit not the best of the series.
Not really recommended as action films have come a long way since this was made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally fun, Jan. 2 2012
David Sabine (Canada) - See all my reviews
I was pretty young when I watched the FIRST Terminator - it terrified me. By the time this last movie in the trilogy was released, I was older and just thoroughly in awe of the coolness of this story. It does NOT disappoint.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines