5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV Show
Published on Sept. 3 2010 by Cozy Evenings with a Book

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much drama for this girl...
I barely made it through the first disc.

Published on Jan. 6 2012 by Samantha Yasui

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV Show, Sept. 3 2010
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 1 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I didnt like Twilight - the movie (the book was great) - but that was all because of the director. When i started watching this show, the first couple of episodes were almost a copy of Twilight and i was very content to not keep watching. But after the first 3-4 episodes, it started to get a lot better. The plot really thickens and there's more imagination here than in Twilight, more mystery and more stories. I love how there is a witch in the story as well. This is one of the most interesting aspects of the show for me. Vampires are getting so boring, but when the witch girl gets her power, it's really cool to see her discover what she can do. The effects are also really good, like when the vampires run really fast, it looks way better than Twilight saga series.

If you loved Twilight saga and any other supernatural teen tv show or books, for sure give this a try. Acting is solid on everyone's part, special effects are awesome, story gets deeper and more interesting with each episode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, July 19 2010
When I first heard about this show I thought it was just another network jumping on the "vampire love story" bandwagon. I kinda refused to watch it, assuming was going to be a tv show version of twlight which I detested. What can I say, I'm a Buffy girl. But eventually there came a night when nothing else decent was on and I ended up tuning in to the vampire diaries. I was hooked. I watched every episode after religiously and then went back and caught the ones I had missed. Entertaining, suspenseful and the actors are all extremely good looking.I'll definitely own this on blue ray and hope the second season is as good as the first.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much drama for this girl..., Jan. 6 2012
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 1 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I barely made it through the first disc.

Don't get me wrong,I'm a huge paranormal romance fan. I'm really a huge romance fan in general. But I could not handle just how melodramatic this series was even from the first few episodes. I understand that this is a fantasy type story and series, but even so you want there to be an element of realism that allows an audience to believe in what is happening. I couldn't find that with this series and so everything just came off as incredibly fake and overplayed. Elena's BFF Bonnie in particularly made me cringe whenever she had a vision about the vamp brothers.

I loved watching individual scenes and fan videos from Youtube, but watching the series just really let me down. I was expecting so much more from this show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart show, moves at break-neck speed, Jan. 4 2013
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 1 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
Oh goodness, do I love this show. I was worried it would be similar to Twilight. If you can get through the first few episodes (which are infinitly better than Twilight anyway), the series really finds itself by episode 6, season 1.

The characters are smart, and come clean about things pretty quick. The CW pretty much has a mandate that all their actors and actresses be gorgeous, and this show is no exception. Love the story, love the action, love the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Show. Ever., Dec 15 2010
Kelli Morin (Calgary, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 1 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I watched this box set in about 4 days. It was like watching the series for the first time! The plot moves at such a fast pace that I couldn't remember half the goings on in Mystic Falls! :) The extras were great too, there is commentary with Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec for the Pilot episode, which was great. I just wish they had a couple more episodes with commentary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better the second time, March 6 2011
A. Purdue "thrillkill" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 1 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
Loved watching it again!!!! anyone who is a fan of this show and watched it on tv will love watching it again! If you have not watched this show you definitley should! It is not only for teens or girls, there is lots to entertain everyone! A definite must watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm addicted to this series, Aug. 22 2013
Mainreader (British Columbia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 1 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I never watched this series on TV, but a friend recommended it so i bought the first 3 seasons from Amazon at a great price! Now I am addicted and curious what will happen next, and will Elana (sp?) ever become a vampire?

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 26 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars So good!, Jan. 15 2013
The Vampire Diaries is one of the best shows I have seen in the last few years! The first season is particularly good, with the tension and competition between the Salvatore brothers and Elena discovering the truth about them and getting to know/love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, Nov. 14 2011
Marilyne Côté (Matagami, Québec Canada) - See all my reviews
Pas du tout décue!! Le dvd est en francais comme indiqué et j'ai déja hate que la saison 2 sorte aussi en francais! Merci! Il n'y a qu'ici que j'ai pu le trouver.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Vampire Diaries: Season 1 (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 49.70 CDN$ 15.00