5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
great thank you
Published 16 days ago by Andrew Chatwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Going Downhill
I've been an avid fan of Supernatural throughout it's five seasons, so understand how greatly it pains me to say this.

Published on Oct. 11 2010 by Foreverwolf

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Going Downhill, Oct. 11 2010
Foreverwolf (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season (DVD)

Definitely not the best season. There were one or two pretty good episodes, but the rest were just a waste of time. We were promised the brothers would reconnect, and they didn't, not really, not when you compare them to the first seasons. They spend most of this season building up to an epic battle between good and evil- and, well, they fall a little short considering the build up. But the core values remain mostly intact- family doesn't end in blood, and blood isn't always a good enough reason to trust.

Character development is essential to any long lasting series. Unfortunately, we see a severe dwindling of the characters we have come to love so much. And plots- wow. Where do I start? Dean aging in a card game? Come on! Sam practically begging to be trusted again- but doing nothing to prove it? About the only decent character development is Castiel's fall from grace. That's actually pretty funny to watch- especially when he gets drunk ;) And really- Kripke should stop making fun of his fans- we keep the show going, buddy :)

I do have to say, though, that the season finale was... well, EPIC! I seriously could have walked away from this series feeling content that things had been wrapped up about as well as they could have been. Kripke had a clear plan, and he followed it. I really, really, wish they had ended the series with this, so I could write: it's probably one of the best series finales I've ever seen!

Unfortunately, they didn't, and as creator Eric Kripke stepped down from the throne of show runner, Sera Gamble stepped up to take on season 6, and has thus far failed- miserably. Season 6 is taking us back to the monster of the week scenario- and not even doing well with that.

But this is about season 5- it's worth getting, for sure. Would it hook you the way the last four seasons have? No. If you walked into this show during S5, you'd probably never watch another episode. But for us die hard fans, it really does wrap up nicely.

And Dean, our lovely, self loathing, self sacrificing hero, shows everyone just what true brotherhood is about- no matter how you get there :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8 2014
great thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm supernatural girl all the way!, April 14 2014
This review is from: Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season (DVD)
Best tv showing ever in history of my generation!! Most tv shows losses my interest after 2nd or 3rd seasons in. But not supernatural, 9seasons in and Im still hungry for more. Can't wait for season 10 to start already.

5.0 out of 5 stars addicting, June 12 2013
Makes you keep watching non-stop. I'm hooked! It is a must watch... but start with season 1 you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, June 8 2013
This review is from: Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season (DVD)
Maybe not as good as season 4 but it was still really good. Can't wait to watch season 6. Buying it soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best season yet, April 26 2013
This one was by far my favourite. In my opinion, the show hasn't been able to live up to this season since.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Supernatural!, April 24 2013
This review is from: Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season (DVD)
Sam and Dean Winchester are Supernaturally awesome. I could watch these handsome brothers fight demons every night of the week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Supernatural, April 24 2013
This review is from: Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season (DVD)
My kids and I watched all of these shows. We contimue to watch Season 8 currently on tv. It will be nice when the DVD's of Season 8 come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING SEASON., March 1 2013
This review is from: Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season (DVD)
probably the best season of supernatural; everything led up to this. then the main writer quit and while i still watch it i'm not as gripped by the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have them all, Feb. 24 2013
This review is from: Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season (DVD)
I love this series. Had missed alot of them on tv, so having them all n dvd's is great. Gotta love Sam and Dean. You guys are hot.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season
Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season by Rick Bota (DVD - 2010)
CDN$ 49.70 CDN$ 22.49