5.0 out of 5 stars New life to my kitchen aid
This tool has solved the problems I always had with my kitchen aid: when mixing a cake or cookies, the ingredients just got stuck against the walls of the bowl and did not integrate properly. This goes all the way to the edge and insures proper mixing. Absolutely a must for older kitchen Aid mixers. I highly recommend it.
Published on March 8 2010 by D. Laberge

3.0 out of 5 stars It works
Published 21 months ago by Lindsay

5.0 out of 5 stars New life to my kitchen aid, March 8 2010
D. Laberge (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!!!, Jan. 13 2012
I just purchased the New Metro Design KA-5L Beater Blade for my 5-Quart KitchenAid Lift bowl mixer. I couldn't wait to try it and was very pleased with the performance. I made a double recipe of cookies and never had to stop to scrap the bowl edge with my spatula as I did in the past with the standard metal beater which came with the mixer. I recommend this product

4.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this., Jan. 25 2014
Edit: I originally rated this beater poorly because although I have a 5L bowl and purchased the 5L beater, it was only scraping the bottom 3" of the bowl and not touching the upper sides. Turns out that I have the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus model which requires a different beater blade - the 6L which is for 6L bowls and the 5 Plus model of KitchenAids. My fault for ordering the wrong one, although I wish it was a little more clear as to which one I needed to buy. I have ordered the correct one and hope to have much better luck with it!

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, Sept. 28 2013
Lindsay (Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Metro Design KA-5LR Beater Blade for KitchenAid 5-Quart Bowl Lift (Red) (Kitchen)
I thought I would buy this so that I could avoid stopping the mixer to scrape the bowl and that is exactly what this helps with. At first I was sceptical when I got it as it is plastic and I thought it may break (which it may still do as I have only used it a few times). When on a high speed the dough did creep up the sides of the bowl and I had to slow the mixer down so dough didn't fly out. Overall it is okay but eventually I may have to look for a different design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, Love It, Love It!, May 9 2013
Price was better than any store that carried this item. I absolutely LOVE this attachment! It is ridiculous that the manufacturer does not ship the mixers with this. No more bowl scraping. I was a little concerned about it being made of a nonmetal substance, was not sure that it would hold up to a thicker mix, but so far so good. I will be getting one that fits my smaller mixer as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am thinking the Heavy Duty one (its here on Amazon as bright yellow) may be better suited to my needs, Aug. 25 2014
This is my 2nd one as the first one I ordered her broke on the 3rd use. It works well but please be sure your butter, etc is SOFT and that your batter is not too stiff or it will snap at the slot where it hooks to the KitchenAid.

I am thinking the Heavy Duty one (its here on Amazon as bright yellow) may be better suited to my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, Nov. 23 2012
Works great, keeps the stuff off the side of the mixing bowl. Does what its supposed to do. Simple enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars mixes all ingredients very well, Jan. 1 2013
Outstanding product works exactly as stated and as needed
Provides much better mixing than the supplied attachments
Whipped product as well as the wisk does

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, May 4 2013
This helps a lot with the scraping of the mixer bowl, but it's not perfect. I find it works better toward the bottom of the bowl than along the sides.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap plastic, Jan. 28 2013
I was so excited to recieve this product. When I opended the package I was very upset to see it is made of plastic. I am considering sending it back - i can't see that it will last very long - conidering I can "bend" it with my hands. I took a look on the website and I cannot find anywhere in the description that it is made of plastic. Too bad - great idea - would be better to charge more and make it out of metal like Kitchen aid does.