biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on March 8, 2010
This tool has solved the problems I always had with my kitchen aid: when mixing a cake or cookies, the ingredients just got stuck against the walls of the bowl and did not integrate properly. This goes all the way to the edge and insures proper mixing. Absolutely a must for older kitchen Aid mixers. I highly recommend it.
on January 13, 2012
I just purchased the New Metro Design KA-5L Beater Blade for my 5-Quart KitchenAid Lift bowl mixer. I couldn't wait to try it and was very pleased with the performance. I made a double recipe of cookies and never had to stop to scrap the bowl edge with my spatula as I did in the past with the standard metal beater which came with the mixer. I recommend this product
on May 9, 2013
Price was better than any store that carried this item. I absolutely LOVE this attachment! It is ridiculous that the manufacturer does not ship the mixers with this. No more bowl scraping. I was a little concerned about it being made of a nonmetal substance, was not sure that it would hold up to a thicker mix, but so far so good. I will be getting one that fits my smaller mixer as well.
on August 25, 2014
This is my 2nd one as the first one I ordered her broke on the 3rd use. It works well but please be sure your butter, etc is SOFT and that your batter is not too stiff or it will snap at the slot where it hooks to the KitchenAid.

I am thinking the Heavy Duty one (its here on Amazon as bright yellow) may be better suited to my needs.
on January 3, 2013
Ordered this item for my mixer and it does not fit. The Amazon Canada website does not list the specific models that the beater fits. The back of the product does list several specific models.
on September 28, 2013
I thought I would buy this so that I could avoid stopping the mixer to scrape the bowl and that is exactly what this helps with. At first I was sceptical when I got it as it is plastic and I thought it may break (which it may still do as I have only used it a few times). When on a high speed the dough did creep up the sides of the bowl and I had to slow the mixer down so dough didn't fly out. Overall it is okay but eventually I may have to look for a different design.
on November 23, 2012
Works great, keeps the stuff off the side of the mixing bowl. Does what its supposed to do. Simple enough.
on September 24, 2014
This beater does not fit the architect series KA150 model although the description says it fits ALL 5 qt models. The quality is great but the description should be more specific.
on January 1, 2013
Outstanding product works exactly as stated and as needed
Provides much better mixing than the supplied attachments
Whipped product as well as the wisk does
on May 4, 2013
This helps a lot with the scraping of the mixer bowl, but it's not perfect. I find it works better toward the bottom of the bowl than along the sides.

See 1 answered question