march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis sports Music Deals Store Tools Registry

on February 15, 2011
This is the third Culinary Torch we've brought for the sole purpose of Creme Burle. Both torch we brought prior to the Messermeister were plastic build, which gets really hot after 20 seconds and you hesitate to use it any further. With the Messermeister, it is metal based, and looks very solid for any type of cooking. There are many functions for culinary needs and we had no problems with it over heating. After 6 straight creme burle straight with over 5 minutes of burning time, it is still solid and going strong.

I definitely recommand the Messermeister FT-960. DO NOT GET PLASTIC BASED torch EVER.

Hope this helps.

-Panda
on May 16, 2012
Does what it is suppose to do at a very reasonable price. Solid construction even though handle is plastic. Great for amateur users.
on August 23, 2011
Overall very happy with the result. Very easy to use. Filling the butane is an ease. It automatically stops when it's full and prevent you from filling over the maximum value. The flame is strong and consistent.

The only disappointment I have is that the handle and body are both plastic. It makes perfect sense not to have metal for the handle as it might heat up as you use torch. However I was disappointed because from the amazon.ca picture, it seems as if the whole thing is made from stainless steel. More metal just means higher quality and higher durability.

Still giving a 5-star because it does what it is suppose to do.
on October 9, 2013
Great torch, gets the job done. Not as powerful as you're average industrial kitchen torch but for cooking at home it's definitely worth the money
on December 9, 2013
I love this tool! Extremely easy to use...and the safety on it, makes me feel better about having it in my kitchen. Love it.
on December 28, 2013
Very safe and easy to use compared to other similar products. Highly recommend for anyone wanting to finish off desserts.
on March 22, 2015
Must have for amateur aficionados ... does the Brule top in seconds, my fave is a slice of cheese on toast, five second blast and instant sandwich
on June 10, 2015
Very large flame! Works like a charm and hopefully using 5x refined butane I won't have a problem like my last torch. There is a gauge that shows you the amount of fuel, it seemed to use it quite fast but it's a very good buy for the price.
on October 14, 2014
I had purchased another, cheaper one in a store and it gave me nothing but grief. I love this one. I love that it has a switch so that once it's on, you don't have to hold down a button to keep the flame going. Well worth the price.
on March 14, 2016
Worked great until right after the return window closed. Now it spews butane out the bottom when it's filled. Pretty dangerous. Definitely will not buy again. I thought the higher price point would mean quality. Don't be fooled!