5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying this box set right now :)
I had bought a previous version of this box set, which couldn't be read by most laptop disc drives or DVD players (someone suggested maybe the copyright protection was to blame). This newer box set has none of those problems! It was shipped quickly (within 2 weeks), and came bubble-wrapped and intact. So happy I was able to recover this TV series for my collection!
Published 22 months ago by M

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the anime but not the broken case.
I've been a long time fan of Vision of Escaflowne and I'm thrilled to finally own it on DVD. I have yet to watch this version but wanted to comment a bit on the condition the DVDs came in.

Published on June 18 2011 by Sweetpea

4.0 out of 5 stars Escaflowne!!!!, Oct. 20 2012
This review is from: Escaflowne: Complete Collection (Super Legends) (DVD)
This is the first anime I have ever watched, so I am definitely biased. For anyone that enjoys mech or fantasy anime, you'll like Escaflowne. The plot is basically about a girl (Hitomi) who gets transported into another world via magical necklace, meeting a prince (Van) and valiant knight (Allan Shezar). There is an enemy empire called Zaibach who threatens war on many nations, and Van seeks revenge for his destroyed kingdom. As Hitomi helps Van, she become entrapped in a love triangle between Allan and Van. The story is fantastic but... I did find that the story was rushed during the last couple episodes, especially in relation to the love triangle. I also had questions about key scenes, but the story neglected to answer them in a efficient manner. Nevertheless, a 90s anime gem :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying this box set right now :), Sept. 22 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Love it, July 18 2008
Jocelyn Trim (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is the one and only anime to this day which I see as timeless. With its deep storyline and wonderful characters, I find myself wishing for more.

Hitomi, a young girl from earth as a run in with a young prince, Van Fanel, after he is magically taking to her world while on the hunt for a dragon. Unfortunately, so was the dragon. With her help he is able to slay the mighty creature and is taken back (unwillingly) to his world of Gaia, where the earth and the moon hang in the sky.

But not everything is not so peaceful on Gaia. War is coming and soon Van's kingdom is burnt to the ground. Hitomi starts to see visions. But are they real... or not?

Hitomi will need to trust in herself, her friends and her confused heart as she helps to end a war.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, Dec 10 2008
Containing all 26 episodes of pure Escaflowne bliss, this DVD box set is a wonderful way to treat yourself and it is within a reasonable price range. Fans of the series and people who haven't seen it can both appreciate this product.

This series will appeal to you if you are both male or female,teenage or young adult, fan of mechas or prefer series that are set in non-futuristic worlds. It's got a tiny bit of comic relief, a lot of action, some romance and more whoopmh then you can ever imagine.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic anime, May 9 2011
This review is from: Escaflowne: Complete Collection (Super Legends) (DVD)
Excellent buy! I was so excited to see the entire collection available for such a decent price. It came in mint condition all wrapped up like it had come straight from the manufacturers! English/Japanese language features and all the deleted scenes included in the original episodes :)
If you like the cut and polished tv version you will LOVE this product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the anime but not the broken case., June 18 2011
Sweetpea (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Escaflowne: Complete Collection (Super Legends) (DVD)

First off, this was delivered incredibly fast. I was pleasently suprised to find it had arrived so quickly, especially with the Canada Post strikes and the fact that it was shipped from BC. The DVDs also came wrapped in plastic and were sealed quite well, and were even packaged in a box lined with bubble wrap. However, the DVD case came chipped and broken and does not close properly. All of the DVDs seem to be okay, none are scratched and all look to be in working condition (which is the most important thing) but I am still disappointed with the broken case.

However, I don't really blame the shipper and think that my case was probably damaged somewhere along the way (perhaps by a disgruntled Post Office worker?). I doubt it was actually shipped that way considering the care that was put into the packaging (the plastic and the bubble wrap), so I recommend buying this DVD, or any other, from this shipper and would probably buy from this shipper again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, Jan. 16 2004
I first saw the entire series of Escaflowne in 2001. It redefined what I knew as anime, and from that moment on, I knew that I had experienced something that was one of a kind.
Escaflowne features a fantasy story of a normal teenage girl named Hitomi. She is taken into a distant world called Gaia in which the Earth is known only as the Mystic Moon.
After meeting Van Fanel, a young swordsman with an amazing secret (ok, I'll tell you --- he has wings!), a rich plot begins to develop. Romance that is not sappy, a plot that is not cliche, characters that are interesting, tragic, and wondrous....
This anime is beautiful.
From the music to the story to the entire atmosphere of this enormously entertaining and instantly classic anime, Escaflowne shines. It is a series not lacking in any area, and the fantasy/futuristic feel is an interesting and unique touch. With robotic battles, sword-sparring, games of fate, tortured pasts, torn loyalty in romance, and winged people(!), the sheer ingeniousness of this series will blow you away.
The winged people are an amazing touch... they are not cliche or even angelic, just surprisingly well-done for such a common anime characteristic.
Dont' skip Escaflowne---
This is perhaps the best anime of all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Anime series ever made., May 1 2002
Many people will throw around compliments like "The Best" rather easily, and change their minds like the wind. I dislike using that level of description, because usually there's several things competing for that position.
Not, however, in the case of anime series. No series I've ever watched -- and I've watched a lot of them, from Mobile Suit Gundam to Harlock to Metal Fighter Miku and Space Adventurer Cobra -- comes close to matching Escaflowne.
Visually, Escaflowne is stunning. Most series animation is clearly inferior to that found in anime movies, but in the case of Escaflowne it's hard to recognize that this is, in fact, a series. The backgrounds, the main characters, the action, all are done with a warm, lush attention to effect that never fails.
The music is one of the finest anime soundtracks ever made. Composed by Yoko Kanno (Macross Plus, Cowboy Bebop), it captures a spirit of mysticism and high adventure which is perfect for this series. I often leave this disc running in the background because it's so much fun to listen to.
The story... how can I do it justice? The best way to put it is this: for the past several years I have done a monthly anime night at our local Borders, and Escaflowne is the ONLY anime to consistently pull in people of all walks of life. I've seen it enthrall Dragonball Z fanboys, Sailor Moon addicts, 65-year-old grandmothers, 7 year old little brothers, casual Yuppie passers-by, and cynical goth poseurs. It has magic and war, politics and romance, intrigue and action, swords and giant mecha suits, and somehow all of it works to form a dazzling coherent whole that is unmatched in all the history of animated television.
Watch Escaflowne. You will never regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't miss this!, March 13 2002
By A Customer
I recently bought the box set, and it was definately worth every penny. It might seem short, but the story gets right to the point, and it's almost never boring. The plot is always moving, and I always want to watch it over and over and over... It has some mild swearing, and a lot of violence, so it's probably not good for younger children, but other than that, most people should like it. Even my younger brother enjoyed it, and most of the time he hates everything I watch ^^; It has a little bit of everything: romance, action, comedy.... I loved it! As my first subtitled anime, I'm not dissappointed. You've got to get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Esca Box Set, Jan. 14 2002
Keri (Wilmington) - See all my reviews
This series is one of the most epic I have ever seen. The story follows Hitomi Kanzaki, a young high school girl with a crush on her senior friend. During a track meet, she is transported to Gaea, a mystical world where boys rule Dragons and Knights follow the codes of chivalry. Van Fanel is the boy king who takes Hitomi to his world and Hitomi finds herself entangled in the battle between Zaibach and the Abahraki and other countries. Along the way, she meets Allen Sheczar, Millerna, and various other friends who all aide in the conquest against Zaibach. They face Van's evil brother, Folken, and his insanely blood-thirsty commander-in-chief, Dilandau Albato. I guarentee Dilandau will make you laugh and cry...Filled with rich animation, wonderful music by acclaimed Yoko Kanno and Maaya Sakamoto, this set can not be missed by any anime fan, or anyone, for that matter.

Escaflowne: Complete Collection (Super Legends)
CDN$ 116.38