5.0 out of 5 stars The Almost Perfect Coffee Press
I've been using a coffee press for some 15 years now. It's my preferred way to make coffee. If you love coffee, you have discovered the coffee press as the best way to make a good "cuppa joe" without going to fancy steam pressure espresso rigs.

Published on Jan. 22 2011 by M. Hammond

3.0 out of 5 stars It's smaller than you think
Published on Jan. 30 2012 by melanie

5.0 out of 5 stars The Almost Perfect Coffee Press, Jan. 22 2011
M. Hammond "Magoo" (City of Bugs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)

Most of the coffee presses I've used lacked some primary component to make them "perfect"...they broke easily, or they had a synthetic reservoir that leached BPAs or chemical tastes into the brew, or the glass container was thin and the brew lost heat before it was sufficiently steeped. I must've tossed out or broken over a dozen presses - then I bought this Cuisinox.

The Cuisinox is indestructible, keeps the brew warm long enough to steep all the flavor from the coffee, uses non toxic stainless steel (which adds no "taint" to the taste of the brew), the filter screen is adequate and effective, the pour spout emits a stream of clear coffee from the top of the container, it's a breeze to clean - and it makes the best cup of coffee I have tasted from a coffee press.

The one small thing, in my opinion, that keeps this from being the "perfect" coffee press is I wish they had included a fine mesh screen on the lid's pour apperture to strain the really fine gounds which get past the filter screen on ALL coffee presses and leave that tell-tale brown sludge in the bottom of your cup. But, I find a practical cure for this is to go up a grind size on your beans. Go to a fine perc grind and this screen will trap 99% of the grounds.

If you like good coffee and you want a press that makes it well, repeatably and reliably...this is probably the last coffee press you will ever need to buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's smaller than you think, Jan. 30 2012
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
I should have read the fine print. I thought I was buying a 6 cup coffee press - turns out it's 6 'coffee cups' which i believe is a measurement taken from the 50's when cups were quite small. So nowadays, it's only a 2.5 cup coffee press. I would return it for a larger size, but once you factor in all the shipping costs, there's no point. Other than the size of the press, it's fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, June 19 2013
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
I bought this coffee press for my husband. This one was excatly what he was looking for. The entire product is stainless steel. Easy to use and clean! The coffee stays hot because it is double walled. The 6 cup is a bit misleading as it is not a true 6 cup (250 ml a cup) press. My husband can get two to 3 cups of coffee depending on size of mug! It is perfect for two people. I would highly recommend this coffee press. The price was right and the product works!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This should not break., May 25 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
After breaking glass the jar on so many French Press, I found in this one the answer to my quest on having a non breakable french press. It is well built, making good coffee and it keeps the coffee hot for a long time

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described, May 16 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
Really awesome press! worth the money as I transitioned from a glass based one from Bodum this is safer to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps Coffee Hot, March 20 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
Excellent coffee press! Keeps things hotter than any other I've used, including Bodum's. Easy to clean and seems sturdy. This size is good for about a cup and half of coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, sturdy, Feb. 22 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
Excellent durable, bombproof product. Nice minimal aesthetic. Maintains heat well.
Be careful not to overtighten the filter. 6 measuring cups of coffee.

4.0 out of 5 stars More like 4 cups, Jan. 10 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
I love this coffee press. Despite its small capacity, it is solid, easy to clean and keeps the coffee warm for much longer than other coffee presses I have had in the past. Great for that quick mug of coffee before heading out to work. Not recommended for big coffee drinkers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Dec 15 2013
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
I bought 3 glass coffee presses in two months. A simple tap on the faucet would break them! I plan to have this one for a very long time. Price was great and it keeps the coffee hot much longer than the glass ones do. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cup of Coffee Ever, Oct. 18 2013
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
This press makes great coffee. I would not make coffee at home any other way. And I have had a number of glass coffee preses break or crack. This one is steel and so is indestructible.

Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml