5.0 out of 5 stars The Almost Perfect Coffee Press
I've been using a coffee press for some 15 years now. It's my preferred way to make coffee. If you love coffee, you have discovered the coffee press as the best way to make a good "cuppa joe" without going to fancy steam pressure espresso rigs.

Published on Jan. 22 2011 by M. Hammond

3.0 out of 5 stars It's smaller than you think
Published on Jan. 30 2012 by melanie

5.0 out of 5 stars The Almost Perfect Coffee Press, Jan. 22 2011
M. Hammond "Magoo" (City of Bugs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)

Most of the coffee presses I've used lacked some primary component to make them "perfect"...they broke easily, or they had a synthetic reservoir that leached BPAs or chemical tastes into the brew, or the glass container was thin and the brew lost heat before it was sufficiently steeped. I must've tossed out or broken over a dozen presses - then I bought this Cuisinox.

The Cuisinox is indestructible, keeps the brew warm long enough to steep all the flavor from the coffee, uses non toxic stainless steel (which adds no "taint" to the taste of the brew), the filter screen is adequate and effective, the pour spout emits a stream of clear coffee from the top of the container, it's a breeze to clean - and it makes the best cup of coffee I have tasted from a coffee press.

The one small thing, in my opinion, that keeps this from being the "perfect" coffee press is I wish they had included a fine mesh screen on the lid's pour apperture to strain the really fine gounds which get past the filter screen on ALL coffee presses and leave that tell-tale brown sludge in the bottom of your cup. But, I find a practical cure for this is to go up a grind size on your beans. Go to a fine perc grind and this screen will trap 99% of the grounds.

If you like good coffee and you want a press that makes it well, repeatably and reliably...this is probably the last coffee press you will ever need to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, June 19 2013
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
I bought this coffee press for my husband. This one was excatly what he was looking for. The entire product is stainless steel. Easy to use and clean! The coffee stays hot because it is double walled. The 6 cup is a bit misleading as it is not a true 6 cup (250 ml a cup) press. My husband can get two to 3 cups of coffee depending on size of mug! It is perfect for two people. I would highly recommend this coffee press. The price was right and the product works!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Overdue Purchase, Oct. 3 2011
Robin J. Baker (Rome, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
I have been using this Press for a month now and I love every aspect of it.
+ it keeps my coffee hot beyond the first cup
+ it is solid construction. There are no rivets to break, no plastic to crack
+ it is easy to clean and shines up nicer than my pots.
+ it has the right amount of weight to it that so you know you are holding something tangible.

I have the three cup version. A larger version will come with more weight if you need to protect your coffee from a terrior on the run or a St. Bernard that likes to nuzzle you in the morning.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's smaller than you think, Jan. 30 2012
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
I should have read the fine print. I thought I was buying a 6 cup coffee press - turns out it's 6 'coffee cups' which i believe is a measurement taken from the 50's when cups were quite small. So nowadays, it's only a 2.5 cup coffee press. I would return it for a larger size, but once you factor in all the shipping costs, there's no point. Other than the size of the press, it's fantastic.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy if you want to repair yourself, Dec 1 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
If you think it's going to be your last french press, think twice before buying it. I bought this french press in november 2013 and I can say there is a real problem with the design of this french press.

After only one month of daily use (one coffee a day), the thread at the end of rod holding the filter was starting to strip. I called cuisinox company and they told me there is NO WARRANTY ON THREAD STRIPPING. After having many emails with a company representative, they propose to replace the stainless steel rod costing $3 + $15 for shipping or having to drive around 1 hr to go to company for a replacement (after having threatening them about legal warranty applicable in Quebec).

This would be a good french press if this problem was corrected but the company don't listen and don't care about their customers. Has their alternative was too expensive, I decide to make a new stainless steel rod and the problem is now gone forever. I made it a little longer to be able to screw filter more.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, sturdy, Feb. 22 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
Excellent durable, bombproof product. Nice minimal aesthetic. Maintains heat well.
Be careful not to overtighten the filter. 6 measuring cups of coffee.

4.0 out of 5 stars has a smooth action of filter plunger and is a sturdy looking press, Oct. 16 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
well designed, has a smooth action of filter plunger and is a sturdy looking press. would be 5 star if it was bigger in capacity. 1.2 litres would be a more practical size. it keeps coffee hot which is how we like it. after switching off the stove and pouring in the hot water, we leave the press on the still-warm electric stove burner on our glass-top stove, in order to keep it hot longer. don't know if this will affect the performance in the long run.

5.0 out of 5 stars This should not break., May 25 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
After breaking glass the jar on so many French Press, I found in this one the answer to my quest on having a non breakable french press. It is well built, making good coffee and it keeps the coffee hot for a long time

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described, May 16 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
Really awesome press! worth the money as I transitioned from a glass based one from Bodum this is safer to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps Coffee Hot, March 20 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
Excellent coffee press! Keeps things hotter than any other I've used, including Bodum's. Easy to clean and seems sturdy. This size is good for about a cup and half of coffee.

Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml