5.0 out of 5 stars The Almost Perfect Coffee Press
I've been using a coffee press for some 15 years now. It's my preferred way to make coffee. If you love coffee, you have discovered the coffee press as the best way to make a good "cuppa joe" without going to fancy steam pressure espresso rigs.

Published on Jan. 22 2011 by M. Hammond

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy if you want to repair yourself
If you think it's going to be your last french press, think twice before buying it. I bought this french press in november 2013 and I can say there is a real problem with the design of this french press.

Published 8 months ago by martinlmtl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Almost Perfect Coffee Press, Jan. 22 2011
M. Hammond "Magoo" (City of Bugs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)

Most of the coffee presses I've used lacked some primary component to make them "perfect"...they broke easily, or they had a synthetic reservoir that leached BPAs or chemical tastes into the brew, or the glass container was thin and the brew lost heat before it was sufficiently steeped. I must've tossed out or broken over a dozen presses - then I bought this Cuisinox.

The Cuisinox is indestructible, keeps the brew warm long enough to steep all the flavor from the coffee, uses non toxic stainless steel (which adds no "taint" to the taste of the brew), the filter screen is adequate and effective, the pour spout emits a stream of clear coffee from the top of the container, it's a breeze to clean - and it makes the best cup of coffee I have tasted from a coffee press.

The one small thing, in my opinion, that keeps this from being the "perfect" coffee press is I wish they had included a fine mesh screen on the lid's pour apperture to strain the really fine gounds which get past the filter screen on ALL coffee presses and leave that tell-tale brown sludge in the bottom of your cup. But, I find a practical cure for this is to go up a grind size on your beans. Go to a fine perc grind and this screen will trap 99% of the grounds.

If you like good coffee and you want a press that makes it well, repeatably and reliably...this is probably the last coffee press you will ever need to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy if you want to repair yourself, Dec 1 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)

After only one month of daily use (one coffee a day), the thread at the end of rod holding the filter was starting to strip. I called cuisinox company and they told me there is NO WARRANTY ON THREAD STRIPPING. After having many emails with a company representative, they propose to replace the stainless steel rod costing $3 + $15 for shipping or having to drive around 1 hr to go to company for a replacement (after having threatening them about legal warranty applicable in Quebec).

This would be a good french press if this problem was corrected but the company don't listen and don't care about their customers. Has their alternative was too expensive, I decide to make a new stainless steel rod and the problem is now gone forever. I made it a little longer to be able to screw filter more.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Overdue Purchase, Oct. 3 2011
Robin J. Baker (Rome, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
I have been using this Press for a month now and I love every aspect of it.
+ it keeps my coffee hot beyond the first cup
+ it is solid construction. There are no rivets to break, no plastic to crack
+ it is easy to clean and shines up nicer than my pots.
+ it has the right amount of weight to it that so you know you are holding something tangible.

I have the three cup version. A larger version will come with more weight if you need to protect your coffee from a terrior on the run or a St. Bernard that likes to nuzzle you in the morning.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's smaller than you think, Jan. 30 2012
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
I should have read the fine print. I thought I was buying a 6 cup coffee press - turns out it's 6 'coffee cups' which i believe is a measurement taken from the 50's when cups were quite small. So nowadays, it's only a 2.5 cup coffee press. I would return it for a larger size, but once you factor in all the shipping costs, there's no point. Other than the size of the press, it's fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY PLEASED WITH THIS PRODUCT, April 3 2012
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
Having broken our glass coffee press, we decided to give a stainless steel one a try.

We're very pleased with the result. We get a better cup of coffee than from the glass one: you can leave the coffee to brew for longer, but it is still kept really warm thanks to the double wall; any apprehension about metal spoiling the taste proved to be unfounded.
This "6-cup" model is right for the two of us, giving two large cups of coffee (one each). If my wife doesn't want a cup but I do (or vice versa), then the coffee press is simply filled half way up and the plunger moved down to the top of the water (you can easily detect when the plunger has reached that point).

And no need to worry about breaking it.

Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, sturdy, Feb. 22 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
Excellent durable, bombproof product. Nice minimal aesthetic. Maintains heat well.
Be careful not to overtighten the filter. 6 measuring cups of coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best french press for the money, Jan. 18 2015
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
I'm using this right now, and, 2 years after purchasing it, I have easily saved the money I would spend on broken glass french press fiascoes. I would give this 4.9/5 stars, simply because an extra filter on the spout would make it better, although the plunger and filter does a good job at preventing any fine coffee grounds through. Great product, high value for the money, highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but... this is not 6 cups!, Feb. 7 2012
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
The coffee press is great. Sturdy, well made, and slick. BUT... I should have read the reviews before I ordered it, because it's not 6 actual measuring cups! It's 6 tiny cups! We can barely get 2 full decent size coffee cups out of it. If you need more volume, get the 8 cups version for only 10$ more, it supposedly gives you 3-4 mugs.

To the makers: 1 cup = 250ml! Learn your measures!

4.0 out of 5 stars More like 4 cups, Jan. 10 2014
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
I love this coffee press. Despite its small capacity, it is solid, easy to clean and keeps the coffee warm for much longer than other coffee presses I have had in the past. Great for that quick mug of coffee before heading out to work. Not recommended for big coffee drinkers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best coffee maker for the price, Dec 28 2011
This review is from: Cuisinox Double Walled French Press, 800ml (Kitchen)
Probably not the best made double wall SS press in the world, but then you're not paying for the best...however, makes the best HOT coffee, (hint: warm the pot first), and looks good too. I like it very much! Delivery was 2 or 3 days. Perfect 27 oz NOT 6 cups!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›