5.0 out of 5 stars Well not really a game but still........
Published on Oct. 6 2010 by Ace of Tunes

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but you can do better for the price
pros: wireless, nice bass.

cons: short range, will constantly have a white noise or fuzzy noise no matter what you do, uses AAA there is no rechargeable battery, mic is poor in my opinion the chat boost feature is very annoying and not helpful, need a cord for xbox chat not a fully wireless solution

the range and white noise are not affected by wifi,...
Published on May 28 2012 by zandman

5.0 out of 5 stars Well not really a game but still........, Oct. 6 2010
Ace of Tunes "M.M." (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 Ear Force X41 Digital RF Wireless Game Audio+ Chat with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound - Wireless Edition (Accessory)
This product is by far the greatest thing that I have ever used, the price is a little steep but I put out on it because I am living in a place where noise is something you have to limit, by wearing these I only have to worry about my voice which due to the nice feedback of your voice into your ears you know if you are being loud enough to be heard and you know how loud you really are. You can even whisper and still be heard. The surround sound makes gaming so much more fun, both online and off, I mean imagine gaming with movie theatre quality sound, that is what you are getting, the game and chat volume are separate so you don't have to worry about not hearing people if you turn the volume down, and with the "Chat Boost" feature the headset will automatically raise the volume of chat when the game gets loud so you don't miss out on what people are saying, (Call of Duty + Air Support = LOUD GAME PLAY and normally lack of chat ability). Another great thing about this model is that the MIC can be removed and there for replaced for only $8.00, cords are about $5.00 to replace so if you get a short in the cord between the headset and controller throw it out and replace it for next to nothing (no soldering required). Quite frankly almost all of the parts are replaceable for cheap, including the battery cover. Go to [...] and click on "Parts & Accessories"

Visit [...] to find out more information on the Product.

The only downside to this product is until you get used to 7.1 Surround Sound you may wind up thinking that someone is in the room with you :-P.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it if you're really into FPS., Jan. 25 2011
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I play a lot late at night and I wanted a pair of headphones so I wouldn't disturb my family. A couple of my Xbox Live friends have Turtle Beach headphones and swear by them. We play a lot of FPS games and they said their headsets always alerted them to where gun fire was coming from and if there were footsteps behind them. I wanted a good pair with surround sound but the X41's were $229.99 @ Future Shop which is ridiculous. When I saw them on Amazon for $179.99 I decided to splurge on them.

I'm very happy with my X41's. The sound quality is amazing! You hear all the little details you could only hear on a surround speaker system if you jacked up the volume to a very high level. With the bass boost turned on everything sounds crazy! It makes explosions and gunfire sound like they are going off all around you. You definitely can hear around you 360 degrees but I find you really have to pay attention. Having the volume up higher is necessary to really hear soft sounds behind you like enemy footsteps. More than once having my X41's on has prevented someone else from sneaking up behind me.

It should be noted that although the X41's heavily advertise they fact that they have 7.1 surround they don't actually have separate speakers inside the ear phones. Instead there is one large speaker that takes the surround input and simulates directional sound. When I purchased them I thought I was getting a headset with four speaker drivers in each ear but this is not the case. I can't really complain though because I find this simulated surround works very well but I don't have a basis of comparison. I've never used another headset like the Sharkoons or the Astros which do have separate speaker drivers.

The only negative thing I can say is that after extended use the headset can become a little uncomfortable. Your ears can get really hot and the top of your head can get a little irritated. But this is only after using the headset for two or three hours at a time and is really not that big of a deal to me. After a short break I can totally play for another couple hours.

So in conclusion, if you're more of a casual gamer you might not want to spend this much money but if you play a lot of FPS games then I would heavily recommend the X41's.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but pretty awesome, Aug. 11 2011
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
They are Turtle Beach headphone --> And if your remotely familiar, you know what your getting. Sound quality is pretty decent, using them with the Bass Boost on is a must. I've had no interference with any wireless systems in my house, so the wireless transmitter seems above par. Very rare popping noises do occur, but I stress the rarity, maybe once every couple of hours; nothing to worry about. Battery life seems to be good as well. Definitely a step up with the 7.1 surround sound from Stereo (I have no comparison for the 5.1 ss X4's as I never used them, but I did use the old X11) You actually feel like your in the game when you get down to it; immersion of all aspects, sounds coming from behind, beside and in front of. ** It must noted that inner monologuing and all conversations are incredible to listen to when your in a story situation. Tested with Spider-Man: Shattered dimensions, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Halo Reach etc. Found volume levels to be more than sufficient (some complained that they weren't loud enough) and I had no issues here. No real complaints from the technical side. The only 2 physical features that removes the 5 star rating are the size and comfort with glasses on. If my head was any smaller, I wouldn't be able to wear the head phones. As for the glasses, if you dont wear them, your fine, but if you do, it's going to take a little getting used to. I don't think complete comfort is possible if you need your specs.

All in all, great option for places where you can't use a big speaker system, comfort isnt perfect but function and speaker quality are impressive.
I'd say if you can get your hands on the X4's, they are a little bit cheaper and might be what you want, even the X31's (remember they are only stereo) If you've got money to burn go for it, but if your like most of us, get one of the cheaper headsets made by turtle beach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach Earforce X41, Jan. 30 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Loving these, I use them primarily for call of duty black ops. I have gone from an average of 5 or 6 kills with 10 to 12 deaths in a TDM game, to an average of 10-12 kills and 4 or 5 deaths, you can hear everything and know exactly where it's coming from. Battery life is better then expected. I picked up 3 sets of rechargeable AAA's for it, and could really get away with two. I am constantly gaming after work / on weekends, and in the past month I've had to change batteries only 3 times. Strongly recommend if you are a serious or even casual gamer. The wife even uses them to watch TV early in the morning so she doesn't disturb me. I have used them for TV also and although functional they seem to give you that live in the studio sound, so not a big fan.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but you can do better for the price, May 28 2012
pros: wireless, nice bass.

the range and white noise are not affected by wifi, TV, or any other device as I have tested everything