5.0 out of 5 stars alive
Published on Oct. 27 2009 by Maryse Malka

2.0 out of 5 stars How do you say "dud" in Greek?
Georgia (Nia Vardalos) is an American living in Greece and working as a tour guide. She hates her job, thinks all tourists are idiots, and is sick of Greece, too. But on her next four-day trip everything will change for the better, thanks to the quirky members of her tour and her moody bus driver.

This movie had so much potential but is really terrible. It's...
Published on Oct. 9 2009 by Kona

5.0 out of 5 stars alive, Oct. 27 2009
Maryse Malka - See all my reviews
I think the person who wrote the other review is living in the past, today is today, look at the movie the way it was meant to be. I loved this movie and thought it to make people feel good, which is something we all need today, there is enough pain and violence. I look at movies like this to take us away from our everyday problems, and that is exactly what this movie did for me. I have a lot of my friends who saw the movie and loved it as well. I thought they covered the beauty of the country really well, and one of my friends told me she was feeling lousy and after seeing the movie, she felt like a different person. I LOVED IT.

2.0 out of 5 stars How do you say "dud" in Greek?, Oct. 9 2009
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

This movie had so much potential but is really terrible. It's neither funny nor romantic and the dopey cast is always blocking our view of beautiful Greece. The plot is a lackluster rip-off of the very funny If It's Tuesday This Must Be Belgium but lacks its charm and good script. Vardalos' self-deprecating character that was so witty in My Big Fat Greek Wedding is just tedious here, making her transformation at the end ridiculously far-fetched. The tourists have one-dimensional personalities and are uniformly corny and over-the-top. Veteran actor Richard Dreyfuss plays the sterotypical saintly old man who turns Georgia's life around by urging her to find her "spirit." I was fascinated that he looked so much like Eli Wallach but he was such a know-it-all that I couldn't stand him. Rachel Dratch is also extremely grating as a fellow passenger on the Bus of Fools and there's nothing appealing about Alexis Georgoulis who plays the object of Georgia's affection. The plot is so predictable, it's insulting.

Stick with If It's Tuesday for a genuinely funny look at the trials of the guided bus tour. The DVD has no Extras at all. I gave it two stars for the lovely scenery.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Life In Ruins, Aug. 22 2013
Ce commentaire est de: My Life in Ruins (DVD)
Very nice romantic tale with a nice ending. The story is about a tour guide in Greece, so you also get to see a little of Greece.
We liked this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN WITHOUT A PASSPORT, April 26 2013
Ce commentaire est de: My Life in Ruins (DVD)
I really enjoyed this movie. It has a good story and was very comical. Also the scenery was beautiful and made me want to travel there.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Life In Ruins, Feb. 15 2010
Maureen Butcher (Nelson B.C. - Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: My Life in Ruins (DVD)
My Life in Ruins I found this to be a delightful movie. Have watched it twice already, the second time was as entertaining as the first. A wonderfully entertaining movie, the interaction of the various tourists traveling on the tour buses is both funny and serious. The story line is beautiful. If you have ever been on a tour bus you will relate well to this movie. I highly recommend it for a good evening at home and don't forget to invite some friends as I did, they will enjoy it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie!, Jan. 7 2014
Ce commentaire est de: My Life in Ruins (DVD)
One of my all time favourites, and under $10?! Super funny, shows lots of Greece. I would definately reccomend this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun movie, Jan. 6 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Funny, romantic, and Poopi's cute too! Love Richard Dreyfuss in this movie. Scenery is of course is beautiful. Have watched the movie several times, always enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belle comédie, Aug. 19 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Tout ce qu'il faut dans un film "de fille", action, rires, sentiments,bons acteurs, bel acteur et une belle fin comme on les aime.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining with a capital "E", Jan. 16 2012
Leslie H. Bamford "book lover" (Waterloo, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: My Life in Ruins [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is a delightful movie. The first half is a bit annoying in that everything goes wrong for the character that you are meant to identify with, but you can tell that things will turn around for her, you can just feel it. She is adorable and the other actors are well cast. The scenery is excellent. The script is good and the movie comes together nicely at the end making for an overall positive "entertaining" experience.

2.0 out of 5 stars My Life in Ruins, Feb. 22 2010
God's Baby Girl (New Westminster, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: My Life in Ruins (DVD)
I wanted to see "My Life in Ruins" because of the "hunk" that was in the movie. The movie is an ok story, and wasn't as funny as I thought it'd be, but it was fine. I also got the video for free!

My Life in Ruins
My Life in Ruins by Donald Petrie (DVD - 2009)
CDN$ 6.98 CDN$ 5.00