Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on September 29, 2009
This is Jesse Cook's best cd!!!! I have all of his cd's and listen to his music everyday and I enjoy them all. He transports you to places all over the world with his amazing music. Rumba Foundation is no exception. He takes you to Columbia via Bogota by bus. He showcases other amazing artists that I would not have heard of otherwise. Los Gaiteros de San Jacinto together with Jesse's guitar and band is unbelievable. He is a visionary when it comes to creating new music. Santa Marta just makes you want to dance around the room full of joy. Chendy Leon Jr is amazing on drums and percussion as is his father on bongos. If you like Bollywood films you will love Bombay Diner. I have used many Jesse songs in my bellydance classes and I will definitely have fun with Bombay Diner. Tuesday's Child is so beautiful and spirtual. Jesse plays to my soul in this song. It is by far the most beautiful song he has written. I was fortunate enough to see Jesse and his band perform some of these songs last week in Gravenhurst. If you get an opportunity to see him live ...TAKE IT!
on October 8, 2009
THis is absolutely the finest music you'll ever hear. I too was fortunate enough to see them up at Peter's Players in Gravenhurst, a small intimate club. My first Jesse Cook concert and definitely not my last. Talk about pure magic!! Anyway, they previewed quite a few songs that night from the new Cd days before its release as well as some older numbers. Don't even get me going about the live version of 'Come what may' from Frontiers. WOW! AS for the Rumba FOundation...outstanding. Intoxicating rhythms abound and in your face percussion along with some haunting and melancholy melodies that will please your ears to no end. I honestly do not tire of this music no matter HOW many time I listen to it and I listen a lot! So, if you want to improve your life, reduce stress, etc, etc, go get this cd now, and if you get the chance to see Jesse Cook live, just do it. You will forever be changed. Now, the next best thing of course would be a DVD featuring THe RUmba FOundation. JEsse????
on November 5, 2009
Enjoyed Jesse's band perform several numbers in this album live at Peter's Players in Gravenhurst. Bought it the next day!
on December 22, 2009
This is enjoyable listening. I ordered it on the strength of the first 3 reviews on Amazon, ("the best...Jesse's finest..." etc.) but discovered it has nowhere near the energy and repeat-listenability of the earlier "Montreal: Live", which is by far the best Jesse Cook CD I've heard (and no, I've not listened to them all).