5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent GPS and an excellent value
Well, I have been looking for my first gps for a long time and I'm very happy with my purchase!
This GPS is a "must have" for anyone who needs a real GPS! Its large 7-inch screen is not only a huge plus, but I think that it must be the norm for all GPS's!
Published on Jan. 2 2011 by zirox

2.0 out of 5 stars Magellan RoadMate 1700 7-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
I am sure this product is an excellent one as it has been recommended to me several times. My only problem is that it only worked for less than a week and then just quit.
Published 18 months ago by Catherine ten Den

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent GPS and an excellent value, Jan. 2 2011
This review is from: Magellan RoadMate 1700 7-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Never get lost, Nov. 1 2010
Outstanding product, great maps, lighting, voice and great advance notices of off ramps. Great product for big rigs or Class A RV.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product combined with a back-up camera, Sept. 12 2012
Have bought and installed this in-dash and connected to a back-up camera for our SUV.
Not many people notice that it has an video input which automatically shows when there is video input.
It is not in the description of the product but it is quite useful. So now the unit is automatically turned on
and when I place the car in reverse it shows the picture from back-up camera (after market).

The only problem is that once in a while the unit decides not to turn on and needs to be reset.
If you buy this as a portable GPS be aware that the screen is really HUGE.

2.0 out of 5 stars Magellan RoadMate 1700 7-Inch Portable GPS Navigator, Dec 24 2012

Magellan RoadMate 1700 7-Inch Portable GPS Navigator