march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage scflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVD|Change

on December 17, 2003
"One Christmas" was a film I happened upon some years ago. I did not know that it had been a story or a play, etc. I viewed it because I was familiar with the talents of the late Kathrine Hepburn and the talented Henry Winkler.
The story is not typical Christmas fare, but it is more real than many of the idylic Christmas movies. It is a tribute to the truth that many people struggle 365 days a year--their imperfections not taking a holiday.
Anyone who enjoys the talents of Winkler/Hepburn will enjoy this film; it is not stellar, not is not neccesarily their best performance, but it is a nice piece of "reality Christmas", if you will.
on June 3, 2012
A tough story with a tough ending. Looked like it was developing into something heart-warming and hopeful, but it never happened. The little boy meeting his dad after a few years of separation didn't leave me with any warm fuzzies. Left me cold and sad. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with this storyline but it wasn't a Hallmark movie for sure.
on January 3, 2012
This is quite possibly the worst movie (let alone Christmas movie) I've ever seen! Fortunately Amazon was selling it cheap, which is the only reason I decided to take a chance. Take my advice, don't waste your money or your time. This is an hour and a half I'll never get back.
on March 1, 2002
From a truly wonderful bittersweet story by Truman Capote (as has been said) comes an adequate adaptation with an all-star cast. Katharine Hepburm seems to be the central character and even if her acting may seem full of mannerisms to some, by now that is neither here nor there. Julie Harris and Henry Winkler rise above many past ill-choices, and the whole cast superbly gives life to what may come through as a Christmas cliché but is just that extra bit more that has us glued to the screen.
On my part, kudos to Katharine, Swoozie and Julie!
on December 21, 2000
This is a well done version of the Truman Capote story by the same name. As always, the actual story is better, but Henry Winkler comes aross well as a gigolo trying to be dad for Christmas. You can view it with your kids, or use in in school to follow the reading of the story.
on November 7, 2002
We love Christmas movies but this was probably our biggest disappointment thus far. Expectations were high with the quality of the stars (Hepburn, Winkler) and the writer, but the quality scenes were just too few and far between. I suspect that people who liked the movie loved the book where the characters were presumably better developed and more likeable. Not having read the book, I found that I just didn't like the people on the screen and by the time they finally get into the spirit of Christmas, I just didn't care! Take a pass on this one.
on October 6, 2014
A slightly unconventional Christmas Movie, lovely to see Katherine Hepburn again (her last movie) and Henry Winkler together in this unusual Christmas presentation. Two excellent actors, I enjoyed every minute of it.
on March 7, 2014
This was a terrible story, poor acting and so lifeless and boring. The aged Katarine Hepburn did not even help it. I am sorry that i purchased this DVD. I can not believe it is classified as holiday favourites!!
on December 6, 2013
I enjoyed it but it was not that uplifting for a Christmas story. It was still good to see Katherine Hepburn in one of her final roles.
on February 23, 2016
The story is draggy in places and never quite connects. Not destined to be a Christmas classic I fear.